Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question: I cannot find this in any of the manuals that came with the car. Is there a way to configure what is displayed in the center dash. The three "preset" options are speed, "trip 1," and the last 20 minute MPG graph. Questions: (1) Is there a way to "black it out" so that it shows only the items at the corners (time, temp, odometer and miles to empty)?; (2) if not, are the three options configurable in any manner?

·
Registered
414 Posts
From what I’ve seen there’s only 3 options to choose from. The only thing that changes is the 3rd screen depending on whether you have the car in D, N, or A mode.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Quick question: I cannot find this in any of the manuals that came with the car. Is there a way to configure what is displayed in the center dash. The three "preset" options are speed, "trip 1," and the last 20 minute MPG graph. Questions: (1) Is there a way to "black it out" so that it shows only the items at the corners (time, temp, odometer and miles to empty)?; (2) if not, are the three options configurable in any manner?
I remember thinking the same thing when I first got mine. I quickly got used to just keeping it on the digital speed setting. My wife loves the MPG setting in N mode.

·
Registered
630 Posts
There is a section in the User Guide called, "Getting to know your instrument panel," that explains the features of the Reconfigurable Instrument Cluster Display. It cannot do (1) or (2) the way you want. However, the different Alfa DNA driving modes are graphically different from the color of the frames (D=red, N=blue, A=green and R (Quadrifoglio only)=yellow) and the contents only on the "performance" screens (D= G-force meter, N=vertical bar chart showing mpg fuel economy trend, A=planet Earth, time spent accelerating, time spent decelerating, time spent in ideal transmission gear for fuel efficiency, and a horizontal bar chart for fuel economy).

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/409-electronics/8418-cryptic-graphs-performance-displays.html

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a section in the User Guide called, "Getting to know your instrument panel," that explains the features of the Reconfigurable Instrument Cluster Display. It cannot do (1) or (2) the way you want. However, the different Alfa DNA driving modes are graphically different from the color of the frames (D=red, N=blue, A=green and R (Quadrifoglio only)=yellow) and the contents only on the "performance" screens (D= G-force meter, N=vertical bar chart showing mpg fuel economy trend, A=planet Earth, time spent accelerating, time spent decelerating, time spent in ideal transmission gear for fuel efficiency, and a horizontal bar chart for fuel economy).

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/409-electronics/8418-cryptic-graphs-performance-displays.html
Thanks! My user guide (I may have looked at the wrong one) said something like, "Your instrument panel can be configured." Then never explained how. Thanks your your explanation!

Hopefully a future model (or software upgrade??) can provide an option for a "reduced display".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts