Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to look for winter tires/rims to fit on my Ti Sport (with staggered summer tires) now that the weather is cooler and was interested in what folks thought about the different tire/rim options. I think I'm going to go with a 18" setup for a little more sidewall than the 19" and ditch the runflats, everything else is on the table

Tires
Tirerack has two performance options, either the Bridgestone Blizzak LM001 or Pirelli Winter Sottozero3, the Blizzaks are about $75+ per tire and don't seem worth it, so I'll probably get the Pirellis

Rims
I like the MSW Type 82 that look a lot like the OEM 5 holes. Tirerack only has them in the machined/dark combo finish, but looks like they also make a dark option. I'd love to see these rims on a car.

Any other setups people like?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I'm starting to look for winter tires/rims to fit on my Ti Sport (with staggered summer tires) now that the weather is cooler and was interested in what folks thought about the different tire/rim options. I think I'm going to go with a 18" setup for a little more sidewall than the 19" and ditch the runflats, everything else is on the table

Tires
Tirerack has two performance options, either the Bridgestone Blizzak LM001 or Pirelli Winter Sottozero3, the Blizzaks are about $75+ per tire and don't seem worth it, so I'll probably get the Pirellis

Rims
I like the MSW Type 82 that look a lot like the OEM 5 holes. Tirerack only has them in the machined/dark combo finish, but looks like they also make a dark option. I'd love to see these rims on a car.

Any other setups people like?

MSW has a ton of pics of the wheels fitted to a Giulia on their actual website:

https://www.ozracing.com/alloy-wheels/msw/avantgarde/msw-82

I like this wheel so much, that I am thinking about selling winter alloy's I bought last year (18" Sparco Trofeo 5s - selection was really limited for aftermarket Giulia wheels in 2017), and switching to these.

I'd either keep my Hakkapeliitta R2s snow tires, or get something else.

Have another month to decide. But the MSW Type 82 is a good looking wheel for the Alfa IMHO. Just enough change from the OEM 5 hole, that it looks unique on its own, but still really in keeping with that style.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
You don't say where you are so I don't know what kind of winters you get, but the Pirelli is listed as a Performance winter tire, versus an Ice and Snow winter tire. I have a set of Blizzak WS80 Ice and Snow winter tires on the factory 18" wheels for winter. Price-wise they're about the same as the Pirelli, and while the Pirelli rate slightly higher in dry performance, the Blizzaks do much better in Ice and Snow. I'm using the factory 18 tire size of 225/45-18 which works just fine in the winter.

I looked at the OZ wheels you listed which do look good, and while they say they're for and show them on a Giulia, for some reason the description says 5/100 for the bolt pattern which is wrong. The Giulia uses a 5/110 bolt pattern. Could be a typo but I'd make sure so they don't send you the wrong bolt pattern by mistake.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just finished installing winter rims and tires for this season.
Aftermarket 18 rims $200 each,
sensors $160
Michelle ice X 225R45/18: $145 each (purchased last April on clearance)
Mounting/balance $105
$1645 plus tax in Canadian funds out the door.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Just in case this used-all-seasons could be an option for you. I'm selling a complete set of staggered wheels/tires. Perfect conditions. All looks like brand new. 3,500 miles of usage. $1,800 plus shipping within the USA. Payment via ZELLE electronic wire, only. Two 8x19" 8J ET33 and two 9x19" 9J ET44.5 Five-Hole Bright wheels, two 225/40x19 Pirelli P7 Cinturato Run-Flat all-season tires and two 255/35x19 Pirelli P7 Cinturato Run-flat all-season tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
View attachment 93069 View attachment 93070 Just finished installing winter rims and tires for this season.
Aftermarket 18 rims $200 each,
sensors $160
Michelle ice X 225R45/18: $145 each (purchased last April on clearance)
Mounting/balance $105
$1645 plus tax in Canadian funds out the door.
Hi, did you get these in the Toronto area? Whereabout if you don't mind me asking. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hi, did you get these in the Toronto area? Whereabout if you don't mind me asking. Thanks in advance.
Maranello Alfa Romeo dealership in Vaughn usually has those aftermarket replica 18" in the fall for winter setup. Give them a call.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts