Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so..i have 4mths left on my current 2015 BMW 335xi lease, and atm - bmw has some extremely attracting cash rewards towards leasing..and i can get really good pricing on bmws...literally. here is my current dilemma..

current payments of $495 - 4x

A) Alfa dealer is willing to roll my payments into their lease and then cut me a check for 2250 to cover my payments+disposition - all in, im at 550/560 for a 48k Ti

B)stick with bmw and go for a lesser 330xi 50k msrp(demo vehicle) fully loaded, and with 4x payments rolled in, im at $440 ALL IN at 10k/24mths..yes, 24mths.. this would've been a $380 lease..for a 50k if i didnt have negative equity.

C)stick with bmw, and for a 340xi msport at 58k - and take advantage of their pullahead of 3mths, and all in for $565 a month for 12k/36mths. or $625 for 12/24mths..

i really wanted to try out Alfa since summertime, but after reading how many reliability issues, im really torn.. my alfa lease would've been at the golden 1% all in - if dealer didnt had to roll in tat 83.3 dollars..any inputs are welcomed..thanks.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Why not just wait the 4 months and then get the Alfa? You're basically having to eat the 4x BMW payments if you roll into the new lease.

Reactions: Max and mc3456

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Don't be swayed by the negative posts and comments about problems with the car. The vast vast majority of the problems you are seeing here are related to software/programming issues - most if not all of which will have been solved by the time you take delivery.

If you ARE NOT going to miss the $100 or so per month extra that you'll pay for the Giulia, why not get the car that has really grabbed your attention? If you ARE going to miss the $100 per month, skip your morning trip to Starbucks each day, and you will almost pay for it right there. You won't need your morning jolt of caffeine.

Every other car on the road is a BMW or Audi. This is a unique car that is an absolute blast to drive.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have about 2500 miles now, no issues, love the car ... lots of people give thumbs up, pics from cell phones, discussions about beautiful the car is, etc.

Reactions: Papa Gallo

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I would finish the 4 months with the bummer and then go with the Giulia.

Keep in mind that if you go shopping for a car after Christmas and before New Year, granted for a 17MY, you should be get offered smoking deals as the 18MY have arrived and they want to get 17s off their lots and make the numbers for year end.......

In all honesty, it doesn't even matter with marquee you are going to select, they all want to move the '17s.

Just a thought......

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
so..i have 4mths left on my current 2015 BMW 335xi lease, and atm - bmw has some extremely attracting cash rewards towards leasing..and i can get really good pricing on bmws...literally. here is my current dilemma..

current payments of $495 - 4x

A) Alfa dealer is willing to roll my payments into their lease and then cut me a check for 2250 to cover my payments+disposition - all in, im at 550/560 for a 48k Ti

B)stick with bmw and go for a lesser 330xi 50k msrp(demo vehicle) fully loaded, and with 4x payments rolled in, im at $440 ALL IN at 10k/24mths..yes, 24mths.. this would've been a $380 lease..for a 50k if i didnt have negative equity.

C)stick with bmw, and for a 340xi msport at 58k - and take advantage of their pullahead of 3mths, and all in for $565 a month for 12k/36mths. or $625 for 12/24mths..

i really wanted to try out Alfa since summertime, but after reading how many reliability issues, im really torn.. my alfa lease would've been at the golden 1% all in - if dealer didnt had to roll in tat 83.3 dollars..any inputs are welcomed..thanks.
First of all....they're offering you a BMW.....BORING....UGH.....UBIQUITOUS....
Second...You can't be driving a BMW and have concerns about reliability ....? That's borderline HILARIOUS....
People with issues reach out for a solution....THE VERY VAST MAJORITY ARE DRIVING THEIR GIULIAS WITH *HIT EATING GRINS....

Hope that helps....D

·
Registered
178 Posts
My view: You can negotiate more - keep shopping at multiple Alfa dealers. No reason you should have to make those last 4 payments. I had 12 payments left and paid nothing to come out of my lease on my Audi. You are at least equity neutral or to the good on the value of the BMW - don't let them convince you otherwise. Shop at multiple dealers, be willing to drive to get the it. Would you drive 100 miles to save $1000? I would and I have! Keep working the process with the dealers - make them earn your business. I did it and I am very satisfied with my deal. The 2018s are coming - the dealers are motivated to move a 2017. ACT NOW!
Good luck, John

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First of all....they're offering you a BMW.....BORING....UGH.....UBIQUITOUS....
Second...You can't be driving a BMW and have concerns about reliability ....? That's borderline HILARIOUS....
People with issues reach out for a solution....THE VERY VAST MAJORITY ARE DRIVING THEIR GIULIAS WITH *HIT EATING GRINS....

Hope that helps....D
i mean, reliability mishaps happens to the best of us, there's just no avoiding that - but, the bmw modern cars..are literally free of headache going out the door..i get that, this is Alfa's first re-entry into the mainstream market, but sheesh, all these cars stalling from the reported threads..and none that i've seen from any new 3/4/5/6 series. so at the moment, which brand gives me more for my money? the bmw. i was actually down at a local dealer yesterday and test drove the car..wonderful ride. it had all the options..ti 19"+ti performance. the car im looking at, has Ti 19" sports and no Ti Perf. pkg *(active suspension, LSD) - i wonder if the active suspension would make THAT much of a difference? when going through bumps, the car's shocks ate it. the bmw, you'd feel every bit. the Giulia def. has less interior room than a 3 series..less rear headroom, and the trunk is not as deep or as wide as a 3'er. but i can do away with those, cus i drive/sit in the front. i have till thursday to take advantage of this month's specials from Alfa and monday for BMW. anyone else came from a 2013+ 3/4'er? or comparable sports sedans?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't be swayed by the negative posts and comments about problems with the car. The vast vast majority of the problems you are seeing here are related to software/programming issues - most if not all of which will have been solved by the time you take delivery.

If you ARE NOT going to miss the $100 or so per month extra that you'll pay for the Giulia, why not get the car that has really grabbed your attention? If you ARE going to miss the $100 per month, skip your morning trip to Starbucks each day, and you will almost pay for it right there. You won't need your morning jolt of caffeine.

Every other car on the road is a BMW or Audi. This is a unique car that is an absolute blast to drive.
Yes, i really don't care for the $100 from going to either the Giulia or the 340 - am currently already driving a 335..and def. no starbucks for me.lol. thankyou!

I have about 2500 miles now, no issues, love the car ... lots of people give thumbs up, pics from cell phones, discussions about beautiful the car is, etc.
i can only imagine =P

I would finish the 4 months with the bummer and then go with the Giulia.

Keep in mind that if you go shopping for a car after Christmas and before New Year, granted for a 17MY, you should be get offered smoking deals as the 18MY have arrived and they want to get 17s off their lots and make the numbers for year end.......

In all honesty, it doesn't even matter with marquee you are going to select, they all want to move the '17s.

Just a thought......
waiting out those 4 mths would actually result myself in a heavier payment, as i'd purchase more miles and would net me a $600 payment for the next 4 mths. so..def. need to swap cars LOL.

My view: You can negotiate more - keep shopping at multiple Alfa dealers. No reason you should have to make those last 4 payments. I had 12 payments left and paid nothing to come out of my lease on my Audi. You are at least equity neutral or to the good on the value of the BMW - don't let them convince you otherwise. Shop at multiple dealers, be willing to drive to get the it. Would you drive 100 miles to save $1000? I would and I have! Keep working the process with the dealers - make them earn your business. I did it and I am very satisfied with my deal. The 2018s are coming - the dealers are motivated to move a 2017. ACT NOW!
Good luck, John
I am willing to go 100+ miles..but time is running out now. and wow! you got out 12mths and they did not roll then cut you a check? so what im currently facing is a bait/switch tactic? i thought it would equal out..since they rolled it, but at the sametime, cutting me a check for the same value, but i agree, they should def. discounted more.LOL - my current pricing reflects closed to -1500 below invoice pricing.

Why not just wait the 4 months and then get the Alfa? You're basically having to eat the 4x BMW payments if you roll into the new lease.
roll but the dealer cutting me a check..hmm interesting, i knew it felt weird when i saw that they were gonna roll..that's not really helping me..

======
glad i made this thread!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
BMW Kool Aid

"the bmw modern cars..are literally free of headache going out the door..i get that, this is Alfa's first re-entry into the mainstream market, but sheesh, all these cars stalling from the reported threads..and none that i've seen from any new 3/4/5/6 series. so at the moment, which brand gives me more for my money? the bmw."

We are really drinking the BMW Kool Aid here.....this is not Alfa's first re-entry into the mainstream market !!! 75, 164, 166, 159, etc, etc, etc....First rear wheel drive since the 75 (Milano here in the States)...yes...but Alfa has been a mainstream market car since after World War II.....As for stalls...."all these cars stalling...." I will create a thread filled with BMW's stranded on the roadside....A couple of auto "journalists" get a non prepped car (completely inexcusable) and suddenly we have "all these stalls...."

Elito...if $100 or $200 or whatever the number is will not change your life....there isn't even a debate !!! When I'm at a stop light next to a random 3, 4, M whatever they stick that letter on now....I'm looking straight ahead.....they're rotating like an owl....(See English Beat "Rotating Head").....D

·
Registered
271 Posts
Going from a 335 to a 340 you may not be that happy. Me personally, wait out till the BMW lease is up and see what Alfa will offer as far as 2017 models. Or go back to another dealer and see what offers they would give you. And as far as this negative publicity regarding reliability don't read too much into it. Most of the issues we have faced was software related nothing electrical nothing mechanical. After all it's under warranty. May not have the free maintanence like the BMW but the first year is included. Maintanence is pretty reasonable on this Alfa.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We are really drinking the BMW Kool Aid here.....this is not Alfa's first re-entry into the mainstream market !!! 75, 164, 166, 159, etc, etc, etc....First rear wheel drive since the 75 (Milano here in the States)...yes...but Alfa has been a mainstream market car since after World War II.....As for stalls...."all these cars stalling...." I will create a thread filled with BMW's stranded on the roadside....A couple of auto "journalists" get a non prepped car (completely inexcusable) and suddenly we have "all these stalls...."

Elito...if $100 or $200 or whatever the number is will not change your life....there isn't even a debate !!! When I'm at a stop light next to a random 3, 4, M whatever they stick that letter on now....I'm looking straight ahead.....they're rotating like an owl....(See English Beat "Rotating Head").....D
i know what you mean, i am one of those..head turners atm LOL. there's like 1 Giulia i've seen riding around in NYC/BK - and im like..****!

Going from a 335 to a 340 you may not be that happy. Me personally, wait out till the BMW lease is up and see what Alfa will offer as far as 2017 models. Or go back to another dealer and see what offers they would give you. And as far as this negative publicity regarding reliability don't read too much into it. Most of the issues we have faced was software related nothing electrical nothing mechanical. After all it's under warranty. May not have the free maintanence like the BMW but the first year is included. Maintanence is pretty reasonable on this Alfa.
while i agree going from 335-340, i won't be as excited as it should be. but if i stick around, id be paying $600 for the next 4 mths..that's 2400 that can be made onto a new vehicle..and i don't think the deals towards year end will get THAT much better..just because they're already really anxious in moving a unit..i think they're gonna call me back tm or thursday (last day) and if they can eat even half of my 2250, and only roll 1125, id take the Giulia. that should put me around $515/520 all in.

·
Registered
271 Posts
What dealer are you dealing with?

i know what you mean, i am one of those..head turners atm LOL. there's like 1 Giulia i've seen riding around in NYC/BK - and im like..****!

while i agree going from 335-340, i won't be as excited as it should be. but if i stick around, id be paying $600 for the next 4 mths..that's 2400 that can be made onto a new vehicle..and i don't think the deals towards year end will get THAT much better..just because they're already really anxious in moving a unit..i think they're gonna call me back tm or thursday (last day) and if they can eat even half of my 2250, and only roll 1125, id take the Giulia. that should put me around $515/520 all in.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,788 Posts
elito
i understand and hear your concerns about "reliability" and stories you hear here and there ... here comes a Papa Gallo Grenade Theory and apologies in advance to anyone who has issues, however ...

dont discount the possible Sabotage Troll ... this is an insidious style of troll who goes on message boards to interfere with the natural progression of a new car

typically but exclusive they exhibit the following characteristics that make them appear suspicious with their intent

- recently joined, out of the blue with no reputation or history
- unusual usernames that denotes a sort of naming coding or a succession of profiles
- this is the most tell tale sign - they invariably complain about a fault, exhibit anger that they even happened to get a fault, without any sort of fair assessment or understanding. They appear to just be content to generate smear or plant a seed of doubt
'- continue to not give the benefit of the doubt and continue to embark on a negative campaign within that particular cars forum
- the purest and original definition of a troll is to sign up or join a message board with the sole intent to disrupt that forum ...

now im not saying that is actually happening, but i do know that PISTONHEADS deleted comments that explained why their test car broke down ... as it turned out they admitted they left foot braked, it caused the car to go into limp mode, they knew it needed an update, they knew it never had the update, they continued to thrash the car with a caution warning until it broke down, filmed it all as being mysterious ... then DELETED all the comments that clearly explained all this

... so the lesson here is DONT BELIEVE EVERY BIT OF BULLSHIT YOU READ ON THE WEB

my suggestion would be to contact dealers, speak to service centres, speak to mechanics in the real world, and i bet you will find that for every 100 bullshit exaggerations there actually arent anywhere near as many cars that went back to dealers

10,000 klms here and another one with a near perfect car ... no problems/no issues

some things just need to be said :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just for the record, I have 16,000 miles on my Q4. I have been to the dealer twice for oil changes. Excellent service. The car has been absolutely flawless. Not a single issue. I like it more every day. A pleasure to drive.
Stunningly beautiful!
I have a 3 year lease. I can't wait to run the 3 years so I can move up to a QV!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What dealer are you dealing with?
NJ, Longisland, and PA.

elito
i understand and hear your concerns about "reliability" and stories you hear here and there ... here comes a Papa Gallo Grenade Theory and apologies in advance to anyone who has issues, however ...

dont discount the possible Sabotage Troll ... this is an insidious style of troll who goes on message boards to interfere with the natural progression of a new car

typically but exclusive they exhibit the following characteristics that make them appear suspicious with their intent

- recently joined, out of the blue with no reputation or history
- unusual usernames that denotes a sort of naming coding or a succession of profiles
- this is the most tell tale sign - they invariably complain about a fault, exhibit anger that they even happened to get a fault, without any sort of fair assessment or understanding. They appear to just be content to generate smear or plant a seed of doubt
'- continue to not give the benefit of the doubt and continue to embark on a negative campaign within that particular cars forum
- the purest and original definition of a troll is to sign up or join a message board with the sole intent to disrupt that forum ...

now im not saying that is actually happening, but i do know that PISTONHEADS deleted comments that explained why their test car broke down ... as it turned out they admitted they left foot braked, it caused the car to go into limp mode, they knew it needed an update, they knew it never had the update, they continued to thrash the car with a caution warning until it broke down, filmed it all as being mysterious ... then DELETED all the comments that clearly explained all this

... so the lesson here is DONT BELIEVE EVERY BIT OF BULLSHIT YOU READ ON THE WEB

my suggestion would be to contact dealers, speak to service centres, speak to mechanics in the real world, and i bet you will find that for every 100 bullshit exaggerations there actually arent anywhere near as many cars that went back to dealers

10,000 klms here and another one with a near perfect car ... no problems/no issues

some things just need to be said :)
thankyou for your great input.

Just for the record, I have 16,000 miles on my Q4. I have been to the dealer twice for oil changes. Excellent service. The car has been absolutely flawless. Not a single issue. I like it more every day. A pleasure to drive.
Stunningly beautiful!
I have a 3 year lease. I can't wait to run the 3 years so I can move up to a QV!
>:)>:)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Each dealer is different there was another one that had a great discount on them. Fullerton in jersey. Check out westbury alfa too. You never know

·
Registered
576 Posts
I came out an F80 M3 (20k miles) into my Quadrifoglio (6,500 miles already). My tuned M3 was nearly a perfect car...but the Alfa is actually head and shoulders better in just about every single facet. Now that is a Quadrifoglio vs M3. The difference between the Giulia Ti Sport and 330i M Sport is even wider. The Alfa is a hands down better car...and I say that even as a huge BMW fan. Wait out the next few months, then get your Giulia. Most dealers have a 100 day inventory level and the existing deals are smoking, but they will likely get even better in mid to late October. Good luck!

Reactions: SerpenteRosso
1 - 20 of 56 Posts