Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Giulia ti Sport / 2019 Misano Blue Giulia QV _CCB, Sparkos, CF Pkg.
9 Posts
Hello all -
I have had a 2017 Giulia Ti Sport and now own a 2019 Giulia Ti Sport with just over 30k miles. Have thought about moving to a 2018 or 2019 Quadrifoglio. Have not yet driven one as know if I did, I would probably do an impulse buy. As a Quadrifoglio owner, is a move up for another $20k - $25 worth it? Appreciate any insights. Thanks
I have both QV and Q4. If you spend a lot of time in stop and go traffic, bouncing around town, road trips in all weather conditions than the Q4 is a better choice. The QV is best when it is moving, likes to be pushed hard but generates a ton of heat and wears through rears very quickly. I once tried the N mode on my QV and found it felt similar to the Q4 only heavier and more floaty. Race mode is where it is at with the QV, the sound and torque is addictive. With that said, in town I am constantly aware of the noise and speed and find myself looking around for cops and feeling the need for space to open it ip. The Q4 is quiet so when I am on the gas I feel safe from onlookers.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Quad Montecarlo Blue
68 Posts
One mindful issue is not to drive it like your Ti Sport or in my case, as my Audi S3. The QV rides rather low and many here have scraped the front airdam on bumps and corners. Also vulnerable to damage are the wheels, side skirts and rear diffuser so one must be aware of turns and parking spots, as I may have also perhaps scraped slightly my left rear rim on car washes.

This car with its Corsa tires will be a significant handful in conditions below 50 degrees. My used QV came with all weather PS3+ so I am less hesitant in unfavourable conditions yet still avoid race mode in from Nov to April here in NY.

And then there's the maintenance costs - so if you can pay, then buy all means play.

Aside all that, what a lovely car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all -
I have had a 2017 Giulia Ti Sport and now own a 2019 Giulia Ti Sport with just over 30k miles. Have thought about moving to a 2018 or 2019 Quadrifoglio. Have not yet driven one as know if I did, I would probably do an impulse buy. As a Quadrifoglio owner, is a move up for another $20k - $25 worth it? Appreciate any insights. Thanks
absolutly with out question

21 - 27 of 27 Posts