Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all -
I have had a 2017 Giulia Ti Sport and now own a 2019 Giulia Ti Sport with just over 30k miles. Have thought about moving to a 2018 or 2019 Quadrifoglio. Have not yet driven one as know if I did, I would probably do an impulse buy. As a Quadrifoglio owner, is a move up for another $20k - $25 worth it? Appreciate any insights. Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Quad Montecarlo Blue
68 Posts
Most certainly. Why ask us when you can test drive one and be convinced from thine own six senses. That lofty standards the 2.9 V6 in race mode reaches is something the Ti Sport will never attain.
Just don’t trade in negative due to the impulse.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
9,072 Posts
I'll be the nay sayer, but the low fuel economy of the QV would be a show stopper for me. My Q4 already has plenty of power.

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
1,260 Posts
Having had both a 2018 TI Sport and a 2018 Quad, they're surprisingly similar and different cars at the same time. The chassis is largely the same so the handling characteristics are very familiar when going from one car to the other. But driving them in anger they're different beasts altogether. Different leagues. Not much to compare, really. Depends on if you want the Apex car or as @lockem says, the 4-Cyl has enough power.

To answer you question directly, as a Quad owner, yes, I'm glad I spent the money. I think it's worth it. But I also track my car. On the street, it's only 3-5 seconds of fun with 505HP. If you don't track, attempting to tap the capabilities of the car on the street is asking for jail time.

·
Registered
163 Posts
the only car performance wise in this segment that is comparable is the new G80 M3. but since its a new car, you're not going to find one for under 80k with decent options... which is 20-25k more than a used quad. and then you would have to deal with the looks.. not a single person would tell you the new M3 looks better than the QV. no one. bias or not. thats like telling people Amy Schumer is more attractive than Gisele. not one person on the planet thinks that.

i would recommend driving one, and if your budget/finances allow, then go for it. just make sure you get an extended warranty unless you have a great relationship with an indy shop.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
9,072 Posts
.. not a single person would tell you the new M3 looks better than the QV. no one. bias or not. thats like telling people Amy Schumer is more attractive than Gisele. not one person on the planet thinks that.
Nah, M3 is much more worse than that compared to QV, largely due to that front grill on the M3.
M3 reminds me of the Star Trek Salt Vampire. QV reminds me of the actress that played the Salt Vampire. Look it up. Here she is with holding the head covering of the costume in her hand.

Fur clothing Black Beard Animal product Gesture

·
Registered
163 Posts
Nah, M3 is much more worse than that compared to QV, largely due to that front grill on the M3.
M3 reminds me of the Star Trek Salt Vampire. QV reminds me of the actress that played the Salt Vampire. Look it up. Here she is with holding the head covering of the costume in her hand.

View attachment 132725

of course the M3 is worse looking. i outlined that.. when i said on par, i was referring to strictly performance. power, handling, track times, etc.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Totally worth the upgrade.

I live in the northeast.

I had a 2017 Giulia TI Sport Q4 (tracked 2 times) --> 2016 F80 M3 --> 2018 Giulia QV (current) (tracked 3 times so far)

The power, the exhaust note and driving dynamics you won't be able to replicate. I loved my TI Sport but the QV takes it up several notches.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Best car I’ve ever owned, sports car or otherwise. If I had to replace it with something else today I’ve no idea what that would be. For whoever mentioned bad fuel economy, weird comment for a $90k super sedan, but my field consumption is incredible. Routinely 26mpg on the highway and occasionally in the 30s. It has a special feeling and look that the new M3 doesn’t match.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Yes it's worth it! Although I never drove a Giulia 2.0 before, and I can imagine them being similar, but just having the engine with its insane power out put and the rush feeling when you step on it, that I would imagine is incomparable. Not to mention you get bigger brakes, suspension tuned better, more carbon everywhere, etc. It's a perfect recipe for an awesome all around car. Go for it!

·
Registered
2020 Giulia QV
162 Posts
I'll be the nay sayer, but the low fuel economy of the QV would be a show stopper for me. My Q4 already has plenty of power.
Amusingly enough, I'm averaging slightly better MPG with the QV than my WRX STI achieved. Of course the Q4 is a lot more efficient than the antiquated EJ was, but the QV isn't nearly as bad as I was expecting.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I feel like I should be the voice of reason and say that you shouldn't have a 3rd Alfa in as many years. You have a disease, sir. LOL nm this is a car forum. If you have the funds and you're going to find time to push the QV to a fun limit in a safe environment, you only live once.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
9,241 Posts
I suspect 2018-20 QVs will be much sought after compared to 2021 and later due to content reductions. In other words, don't wait too long.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,391 Posts
Hello all -
I have had a 2017 Giulia Ti Sport and now own a 2019 Giulia Ti Sport with just over 30k miles. Have thought about moving to a 2018 or 2019 Quadrifoglio. Have not yet driven one as know if I did, I would probably do an impulse buy. As a Quadrifoglio owner, is a move up for another $20k - $25 worth it? Appreciate any insights. Thanks
Yes, wait what was the question 😂

·
Registered
756 Posts
I really enjoy my Giulia Ti but aspects of it do leave me wanting more. The engine is sufficient especially once up to speed, but not very enthusiastic beyond that. And while quite satisfying to drive, even at the limits, I do think the steering is too light and lets me down at times. This is most notable in tight technical canyon switchbacks with 15-20mph speed limits. Yes I'm easily able take those turns faster, but the steering does not feel tight enough in those turns to really give me the sense of fulfillment I desire. In higher speed turns I have no qualms with the steering.

I'd suspect a QV would take care of my complaints.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I suspect 2018-20 QVs will be much sought after compared to 2021 and later due to content reductions. In other words, don't wait too long.
I think 2020 and 2021 are the sweet spot. Earlier QVs seem to be riddled with issues and cheap interior bits with lackluster software. 2020 cleaned that up while still offering the customization that went missing for 2022+

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I feel like I should be the voice of reason and say that you shouldn't have a 3rd Alfa in as many years. You have a disease, sir. LOL nm this is a car forum. If you have the funds and you're going to find time to push the QV to a fun limit in a safe environment, you only live once.
I read this week somewhere that you live everyday and die once. So, the "one only lives once" say has to be updated !!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts