Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Had a call last night with Alfa Romeo Santa Monica, and was told only 62 QVs were comin to the US this entire year and all of them are pre spec'd vehicles so you get what you get from the dealer.

Can anyone confirm this?

My dealership said they only get 6 total all year long. 62 sounds a little low.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was told 88 came through this first go around. Not all dealers received a vehicle. Should be a second wave of vehicles, about double coming in the next 2 months. These are all spec vehicles and all identical specs, missing the front radar and carbon backed seats. We should be able to order our own specs after that second wave of vehicles. This is what I was told by a few dealerships I spoke with, so take it for what it is.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Doesn't seem logical to only ship 62 QVs over if there is a demand. I'm sure that's just the first batch, another batch should be on the way.
62 Came in the first shipment, select higher volume dealers received one car. There are 160 dealers nationwide to date. The next batch is late January, early February(Ti's). As long as there is a demand for the cars they will keep making them. FCA is 7 billion in the hole and is pulling for AR and Maserati to help pull them out of it (With help from the Giulia and Stelvio Lines). I don't see them limiting production on these or stopping at a set number if there is a demand. Dealers were also allotted a certain number of cars that they can order, orders were that were placed will see fulfillment in late march and early April.

Over the past week there was a big toss up with management and as of today FCA just pledged another 1 Billion to be invested in state side manufacturing plants.

·
Registered
418 Posts
62 Came in the first shipment, select higher volume dealers received one car. There are 160 dealers nationwide to date. The next batch is late January, early February(Ti's). As long as there is a demand for the cars they will keep making them. FCA is 7 billion in the hole and is pulling for AR and Maserati to help pull them out of it (With help from the Giulia and Stelvio Lines). I don't see them limiting production on these or stopping at a set number if there is a demand. Dealers were also allotted a certain number of cars that they can order, orders were that were placed will see fulfillment in late march and early April.

Over the past week there was a big toss up with management and as of today FCA just pledged another 1 Billion to be invested in state side manufacturing plants.
That is pretty well what I heard. Ordering allocation comes out Thursday. Hopefully I get a fair number of QV's. There are 3-4 orders for people with leases ending that I need to do quickly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

That is pretty well what I heard. Ordering allocation comes out Thursday. Hopefully I get a fair number of QV's. There are 3-4 orders for people with leases ending that I need to do quickly.
Thank you both for clarifying the information I received from the dealer.
@DaneARFOM, when you say ordering allocation comes out Thursday, does that mean that you're accepting customers who want to order a QV the way they want it? a la the builder configuration on Alfa's website? If so, can I place an order through you?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm not sure what "7 billion in the hole" means but I agree that Giulia is intended to be a volume line with the US being a primary market, so the only limit is what they can produce, and that's a **** of a lot more than 62 QVs.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thank you both for clarifying the information I received from the dealer.

@DaneARFOM, when you say ordering allocation comes out Thursday, does that mean that you're accepting customers who want to order a QV the way they want it? a la the builder configuration on Alfa's website? If so, can I place an order through you?
Correct. The current problem at hand is this. If I am allocated 2 QV's for ordering this month, and I have 5 pending in system it will pick two of them, but not necessarily the first two put in. So I have to put them in as I am basically "awarded" more. Yes you can certainly order through me, our store will fly customers here at no cost to you or arrange for shipping. Not sure when build and price will be up but I can email you the options/pricing, or just let me know what options you want and I'll price it out.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm not sure what "7 billion in the hole" means but I agree that Giulia is intended to be a volume line with the US being a primary market, so the only limit is what they can produce, and that's a **** of a lot more than 62 QVs.
7 Billion is basically what has been spent or pledged revitalizing the Alfa Romeo brand. It's not all Alfa though, they're basing the next generation charger on the Giorgio platform. Production will ramp up in the coming months. If I'm not mistaken the factory is capable of producing 30 Giulia's per day, as opposed to the maximum of 6 4C's per day out of the maserati factory.

·
Registered
45 Posts
7 Billion is basically what has been spent or pledged revitalizing the Alfa Romeo brand. It's not all Alfa though, they're basing the next generation charger on the Giorgio platform. Production will ramp up in the coming months. If I'm not mistaken the factory is capable of producing 30 Giulia's per day, as opposed to the maximum of 6 4C's per day out of the maserati factory.

30 per day? Try more like 1,000 cars per day.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes you can certainly order through me, our store will fly customers here at no cost to you or arrange for shipping.
This is very intriguing to me even though I am in Chicago and have never purchased a car out of state. You have certainly been an incredible and passionate delegate for the Alfa Romeo brand and instrumental in providing information early and often during this initial release when no one else would or could. I would much rather reward and support a true enthusiast that has proved his worth so early in the process. Kind regards to you sir!

·
Registered
418 Posts
30 per day? Try more like 1,000 cars per day.
Factory capability for total vehicles 1,000 yes. The Giulietta, Stelvio and Giulia's are all made in that factory. FCA announced plans to hire 1,800 workers by 2018, so it may not have the work force employed to produce the capability of the factory. It's been over a year since that information was mentioned in training so I'm a bit foggy, that may be Quadrifoglio specific and production could have easily been increased by now. But now it's going to bug me so I'll find out what the per day QV number is lol.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Correct. The current problem at hand is this. If I am allocated 2 QV's for ordering this month, and I have 5 pending in system it will pick two of them, but not necessarily the first two put in. So I have to put them in as I am basically "awarded" more. Yes you can certainly order through me, our store will fly customers here at no cost to you or arrange for shipping. Not sure when build and price will be up but I can email you the options/pricing, or just let me know what options you want and I'll price it out.
Yay, that is awesome! I don't mind having it shipped to my doorsteps without me having to drive it (plus I would like all the covering/plastic to be intact and not removed)

This is very intriguing to me even though I am in Chicago and have never purchased a car out of state. You have certainly been an incredible and passionate delegate for the Alfa Romeo brand and instrumental in providing information early and often during this initial release when no one else would or could. I would much rather reward and support a true enthusiast that has proved his worth so early in the process. Kind regards to you sir!
Precisely how I feel. It is very comforting and nice to have a sales person who is dedicated and passionate as much as the buyer/purchaser themselves

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
@that boy asad

Thank you both for the compliments. I love performance vehicles/problem solving and I'm very extroverted. Those in conjunction with working at an Alfa Romeo dealer makes sharing/learning new information on the forum an important part of my job that I enjoy. Just wish I'd found it sooner! I've been communicating with some customers about this car for over a year, it would've been a lot more efficient if they were all on here. Perfect example today when Chipps posted, I had a crazy friday/saturday and should've gotten back with him first thing this morning but didn't even think about it till he quoted me in a post.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Factory capability for total vehicles 1,000 yes. The Giulietta, Stelvio and Giulia's are all made in that factory. FCA announced plans to hire 1,800 workers by 2018, so it may not have the work force employed to produce the capability of the factory. It's been over a year since that information was mentioned in training so I'm a bit foggy, that may be Quadrifoglio specific and production could have easily been increased by now. But now it's going to bug me so I'll find out what the per day QV number is lol.

The point is there is no reason in the world that QV production would be limited to 62 for the US in 2017. This isn't a hand-built car, this is intended to be a volume production vehicle, along with Giulietta and Stelvio. FWIW, IHS Global predicts the Cassino plant will produce 140,500 vehicles in 2017 - about 51,500 Giulias, 53,000 Stelvios, and 36,000 Giuliettas. That means on a 5 day, 50 week production schedule, the plant will only be running at 56% of capacity, and that's not considering additional weekend capacity. I guarantee you, if the demand is there, FCA will figure out a way to build them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ive been told about about 60 cars for 200 dealerships in the country. Chris from Eurocompulsion seems to have more detailed info, but pretty much 62 cars for the first shipment isn't much, so whoever got one should feel pretty lucky especially that the next shipment is all Ti's. Alfa Romeo in Evanston IL just got a gray one this past Saturday...that would be their second car which I've been told has 5 deposits and is pretty much considered sold.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.