Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ti Sport has been with us for a year. The last few months have been strange with Covid-19 stay at home rules, but we still managed to get out from time to time. I remain delighted at how responsive this car can be when pushed, and it is perfectly docile in LA street traffic. I've been lucky in my life to have owned supercars and hypercars and I have actively participated in car clubs and track days for decades, both as a participant and instructor. I know how much fun a 700HP beast weighing less than 3,000 lbs can be, but in the real world a Giulia with 280HP, gobs of torque, the best steering feel in any car I have ever owned and three different driving modes, meets all my needs for engaged driving.
The car has behaved perfectly. It has been to the dealer for an oil change and a couple of minor recalls that never infringed on my driving fun. The dealer in Santa Monica has been okay, with no real issues. They have done whatever was necessary and I have enjoyed the car immensely without a break for any technical issues.
The only upgrades I have done are installing a BMC air filter and upgrading the headlights to 35W bulbs. Both were a snap to do on my own without any special tools, lifts or equipment and they both did what I expected. The air filter is a little vague in terms of noticeable performance but it makes a nice noise now and the headlights are a vast improvement on the OEM 25W bulbs. I have considered a Centerline Competizione/Corsa exhaust but despite asking a couple of times in this forum I have not found a local installer in West Los Angeles who can do the job. I have no interest in doing that upgrade myself. It appears that people who have it love it, but several people have expressed that there are some slight fitment issues that are best handled by a pro.
We have done a couple of great road trips, including going to Monterey last year along Highway 1, where the Giulia was magnificent, especially in the twisties before Big Sur. So much fun and it never broke a sweat.
I'd recommend a Giulia to anyone wholeheartedly, especially anyone driving a German sedan. They simply have no idea what they are missing.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Thanks for sharing your positive experience. Wish I could help you with your exhaust project because a little more GRrrrr suits the Giulia but I’m in PA. Hope you enjoy many more trouble free miles.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A 1 year update without photos?!! Thanks for the update though :)
As soon as I get a chance to wash the Covid dust off the car I'll post some pics:cool:

Reactions: GottWhat

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Madness is in Signal Hill and I’m sure would be more than happy to install your exhaust.
I know about them but they are nowhere near West LA where I live. It’s almost a hour drive. I’d love to find an exhaust shop somewhere within a couple of miles of where the 405 and 10 freeways intersect

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,735 Posts
I know about them but they are nowhere near West LA where I live. It’s almost a hour drive. I’d love to find an exhaust shop somewhere within a couple of miles of where the 405 and 10 freeways intersect
Ya gotta work for what you want. :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Alfa Romance should work for you. Glad to hear you experience has been good. SM was spotty for me relative to service and customer care when they moved their service from WLA back to SM. They used to ne tune friendly. I just turned my car in early as I ran out of patience. Very similar cars.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alfa Romance should work for you. Glad to hear you experience has been good. SM was spotty for me relative to service and customer care when they moved their service from WLA back to SM. They used to ne tune friendly. I just turned my car in early as I ran out of patience. Very similar cars.
SM have been OK. Their old location was a 10 minute walk from where I live so that was a bit of a pain when they moved, but luckily the car doesn't really need to be at the dealer other than the odd recall. I'll call Alfa Romance re the exhaust, but it's really not an urgent priority. Just something that could be fun when I get round to it, and we are more open in terms of being able to drive somewhere on a day trip for lunch in Santa Barbara or maybe Laguna Beach. Right now I start the car once a week and drive it the neighborhood for 10 minutes to keep all the fluids from gumming up

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
John’s Alfa Romance - Mid City LA
I spoke to him today. Unfortunately he does not work on newer Alfas, but he referred me to a friend of his much closer to me on Sepulveda north of Olympic.
I could literally walk there in 10 minutes from my office. I'll check him out on Moday

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I forgot to mention a couple of other items I "improved". The best one is inserts in the door armrest hand grips that turns them into handy storage pockets for keys, parking lot tickets etc. They fit perfectly. Easy to find on Amazon. I also installed a stick-on red metal Start Engine button cover. It looks cool but obviously doesn't light up at night.
I also attached four picture frame D-rings in the corners of the trunk to hold my elasticized net that originally came in my old Audi S3. Cheaper than the cargo option package that Alfa offers and it works perfectly to keep stuff from moving around in the trunk under spirited acceleration.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The Ti Sport has been with us for a year. The last few months have been strange with Covid-19 stay at home rules, but we still managed to get out from time to time. I remain delighted at how responsive this car can be when pushed, and it is perfectly docile in LA street traffic. I've been lucky in my life to have owned supercars and hypercars and I have actively participated in car clubs and track days for decades, both as a participant and instructor. I know how much fun a 700HP beast weighing less than 3,000 lbs can be, but in the real world a Giulia with 280HP, gobs of torque, the best steering feel in any car I have ever owned and three different driving modes, meets all my needs for engaged driving.
The car has behaved perfectly. It has been to the dealer for an oil change and a couple of minor recalls that never infringed on my driving fun. The dealer in Santa Monica has been okay, with no real issues. They have done whatever was necessary and I have enjoyed the car immensely without a break for any technical issues.
The only upgrades I have done are installing a BMC air filter and upgrading the headlights to 35W bulbs. Both were a snap to do on my own without any special tools, lifts or equipment and they both did what I expected. The air filter is a little vague in terms of noticeable performance but it makes a nice noise now and the headlights are a vast improvement on the OEM 25W bulbs. I have considered a Centerline Competizione/Corsa exhaust but despite asking a couple of times in this forum I have not found a local installer in West Los Angeles who can do the job. I have no interest in doing that upgrade myself. It appears that people who have it love it, but several people have expressed that there are some slight fitment issues that are best handled by a pro.
We have done a couple of great road trips, including going to Monterey last year along Highway 1, where the Giulia was magnificent, especially in the twisties before Big Sur. So much fun and it never broke a sweat.
I'd recommend a Giulia to anyone wholeheartedly, especially anyone driving a German sedan. They simply have no idea what they are missing.
My 2019 Ti Sport RWD was one (1) year old in April. Your assessment of the Giulia is spot on. I took it on an extended road trip last summer that went from DFW area to the Pacific Northwest, down the left coast and across the Southwest and back to home, about 6,400 mile in total over 11 weeks. I had a smile on my face the whole time. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings from Dubai, I couldn't agree with you more, I have had my Giulia Veloce Ti Sport Q4 Carbon Nero (280hp) for just over a year now and still have a massive smile on my face when driving. It never fails to turn heads. The mods I have done include also a BMC Sports Air Filter, the Seletron Pedalbooster and the Sports Exhaust
Ragazzon stainless steel duplex rear pipe with enlarged exhaust pipe diameter (76 mm)
With one 90 mm CarbonShot (real carbon) tailpipe per side. I had the local dealer to the exhaust instalation to make sure no warranty was affected. Go for it and change the exhaust, you will not regret hearing Giulia sing 😎

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti
197 Posts
Greetings from Dubai, I couldn't agree with you more, I have had my Giulia Veloce Ti Sport Q4 Carbon Nero (280hp) for just over a year now and still have a massive smile on my face when driving. It never fails to turn heads. The mods I have done include also a BMC Sports Air Filter, the Seletron Pedalbooster and the Sports Exhaust
Ragazzon stainless steel duplex rear pipe with enlarged exhaust pipe diameter (76 mm)
With one 90 mm CarbonShot (real carbon) tailpipe per side. I had the local dealer to the exhaust instalation to make sure no warranty was affected. Go for it and change the exhaust, you will not regret hearing Giulia sing 😎 View attachment 100456
Did you do the stripe and Alfa on the side?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts