Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great write up...I wish i did the same when i was in Italy last April, would've been a nice upgrade to the Citroen Cactus we drove! Actually, I'm glad we had that car because I destroyed it, i drove it over every type of road surface imaginable, even through the woods on an unpaved dirt path with rocks, ditches and branches in my ancestral commune because our GPS was trying to take us 'as the crow flies' from one village to another rather than on an actual road...that was an adventure for sure.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Parts of this review made me howl with recognition - not the parts about the car itself, but about driving in and around Florence. Yup, I made the same mistakes - driving down a major street on the wrong side of the road, missing the parking garage and our hotel ... I, too, was warned by friends not to drive in Italy, but, hey, I know how to drive! Maybe here, but in Italy - yikes, what an experience.

On top of the the craziness, I had "reserved" an Alfa 164 (it was 1999) at the Milan airport car rental. I ended up with a Daewoo station wagon and had trouble on the autostrade keeping up with those little Fiats that looked like they were leftover from WWII.

Not a fun place to drive, but we loved Italy and look forward to going back someday.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Drove an Alfa Giulietta for two weeks in Tuscany this Spring.
Some amazing roads and views!
Compered to south Florida driving in Florence is not too bad :D
You need a real GPS, not a cell phone.

I wanted to rent a Giulia but the weekly rate was $1,600 for a Diesel...

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts