Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

OMG...... this car is unbelievable!......

7K views 40 replies 23 participants last post by  alfa55 
#1 ·
Picked her up from the dealer 2 weeks ago and drove her to the detailing shop for a full Xpel, Cquartz, the whole works......

Finally picked her up today from Unique Car Care and took her for a drive on the snowy roads of Boston suburbs..... I figured, it has a full wrap plus winter wheels and tires, why not?

The QV is unbelievable in every mode, very sedate in N to very aggressive (especially in snowy roads) in R mode......

I had a blast from just taking my wife and daughter to whole foods to taking her for a spirited highway run....... holy cow 120 comes up before you know it.....

The hardest part for me was to keep her within the speed limits.....

Anyway, I don't want to repeat what everyone else has said before, but the QV is an awesome machine that will make the average Joe look and feel like Niki Lauda......:grin2:

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
#10 ·
Booyah DMD! You are winter ready. Have fun! :D My Miata killed it with snow tires yesterday after the blizzard but I have to wait for a snow package for "la signora mia." ;)

#12 ·
Agree 100%! I tell everyone it has a dual personality. Sporty luxury in N and a beast in R. I have over 1200 miles on mine already but still feel like I’m just getting to know the car. There is so much depth to it.
I’m still driving mine naked ;) I’m on the waiting list for a opticoat but no way I’m going to let it sit while I’m waiting :)
Car looks great @BostonDMD. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: BostonDMD
#14 ·
Get both! Although I will admit that we are holding out for actual, no kidding, real live, demonstrated working with my wife's cellphone at the dealership Android Auto before we will buy her a Stelvio.

#16 ·
Stunning! ..... Amazing! ..... it was already said above. The sun and the white snow
make the color just pop. What a gorgeous machine. Great photos!

#21 ·
Amazing. Just amazing. I own the 2.0 Ti and look down at my speedometer - thinking I'm doing about 80 - and I'm doing 110. These cars are fabulous. Enjoy your new ride.>:)

#25 ·
glad to see your enjoying "il Monstro"....you have turned the corner Dottore.....you may just be driving the "S" a little less as time passes...LOL
Let's get the "Mostri" to the track professore, I still have a lot to learn in tracking this car and need some pointers.........

As far as the "S", its all covered up for the winter, I feel a bit sad for the German.......:crying:

Reactions: MDriver
#27 ·
Unfortunately, she got all dirty today while we drove 100 miles with no specific destination in mind.....:grin2:

Attachments

#33 · (Edited)
Just drove mine again today. All the way up the expressway during rush hour for a meeting that ended up being cancelled. No sweat, I took a joy ride around the back bay and north end on my way home. Mid setting on the dampers in race mode is nice. I really haven't had too much trouble with throttle or brake by wire. The modulation of brakes can be a little touchy but using A mode has been great for dealing with slippery conditions, especially at low speeds for both throttle and brake. The grabby toe in is a little new to me but for what it does while driving, I can get used to it. I also got my home link button programmed today for the garage door. Nice! Probably wash her tomorrow or at least sit her out in the rain to rinse off. It was wet with a lot of snow melt today. Stopping by service to take pictures to start my warranty claim on my steering wheel tomorrow.

#34 ·
Glad to hear John!
Unfortunately I’m in Tampa for the weekend to catch a couple of warm days, so no driving the QV for me!:crying::crying:
Enjoy!

Reactions: John_K_348
#35 ·
Hope it's warm and dry. Enjoy the sun! 8)

#40 ·
Haha, just soaped down the Giulia and Miata with my "garden sprayer." Going to let them rinse naturally in the rain although the wheels do need agitation. Darn rust on the passenger rear wheel well of the Miata seams to have gotten worse in just a matter of weeks. Not sure I will spend the money on the body work. The rockers will need repair too. I may fill a bucket and hit them with the wash mitt if it doesn't pour. I'll take the Miata to work tomorrow to deal with the ice and freeze afterwards, and the trip back up the driveway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.