·
Registered
296 Posts
Awesome - great article!!!

Reactions: JayM

·
Registered
179 Posts
Congrats Alfa Romeo! Great article as well. Quite impartial actually that hit on several topics. Certainly reaffirms my decision.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
So after all the hoopla about various road test cars breaking down , Alfa still manages to beat out the competition. Well done!!! The sweet smell of victory.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Competition is very healthy my friends. BMW, Audi and Mercedes have been competing with themselves for awhile. Now enter the Italians and they took it from them. I am sure all sorts of alarms have gone off in Germany. Hats off to Alfa on creating a truly amazing DRIVERS machine.

Alfa Romeo USA is now proudly showing off its well earned award.

https://www.alfaromeousa.com/

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Great article written in a style that captures the excitement of the car. They even handled the question regarding reliability fairly.
This will be great for my resale. . . Oh wait. I leased.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,380 Posts
Reactions: ChiGuy

·
Registered
692 Posts
Very cool!
Best part is this paragraph towards the end
As to the elephant in the room: Some readers with long memories will recall Alfas of yore as temperamental and unreliable—the main reason for its departure from this market in 1993. And upon Alfa Romeo’s return to the U.S., some early-build 2017 Giulias had issues with electrical gremlins. But in this year’s accelerated wear-and-tear Car of the Year testing of three Giulias, we found nary a glitch, hiccup, or bark of protest—while several cars from other luxury automakers had notable issues.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Great article written in a style that captures the excitement of the car. They even handled the question regarding reliability fairly.
This will be great for my resale. . . Oh wait. I leased.

Wouldn't exactly say resale is going to skyrocket. 2015 car of the year was the VW Golf, and last year was the Camaro. :wink2:

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,380 Posts
Motor Trend said:
As to the elephant in the room: Some readers with long memories will recall Alfas of yore as temperamental and unreliable—the main reason for its departure from this market in 1993. And upon Alfa Romeo’s return to the U.S., some early-build 2017 Giulias had issues with electrical gremlins. But in this year’s accelerated wear-and-tear Car of the Year testing of three Giulias, we found nary a glitch, hiccup, or bark of protest—while several cars from other luxury automakers had notable issues.
Very cool!
Best part is this paragraph towards the end
Apparently Alfa learned to provide automotive journalists (that covers a wide swath these days) with vetted and fully-updated cars.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts