Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the car is warmed up and it's being driven under normal driving conditions. Should it be sitting at the middle? Mine is a bar higher than the middle. I would assume a software update is out there for this?

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
The ECU update will re-calibrate your Oil Temp gauge to read exactly in the middle among other changes to the engine management software. Currently your dealer will not perform the ECU update unless your car is exhibiting issues with stalling, misfires, etc as mandated by AR and you as the customer comes in to complain about it. Your dealer will then issue a ticket and AR will authorize the update.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ECU update will re-calibrate your Oil Temp gauge to read exactly in the middle among other changes to the engine management software. Currently your dealer will not perform the ECU update unless your car is exhibiting issues with stalling, misfires, etc as mandated by AR and you as the customer comes in to complain about it. Your dealer will then issue a ticket and AR will authorize the update.
My car stalled right after I paid the toll at the bridge. It displayed a fault, (forgot which one) but it went into neutral. Would the ECU store that fault even if it was a week old?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When the car is warmed up and it's being driven under normal driving conditions. Should it be sitting at the middle? Mine is a bar higher than the middle. I would assume a software update is out there for this?
Yes, that's a clear sign of an old software version, new version shows 1 bar less at normal operating conditions.
I figured that was the case, is that update for the oil temperature solely for the oil or does it over engine management such as controlling any misfiring?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes, the update should correct a myriad of other gremlins including stalling after fillup and misfires. ECU warning should be stored ind finitely until manually reset through an ODB2 device.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
My car stalled right after I paid the toll at the bridge. It displayed a fault, (forgot which one) but it went into neutral. Would the ECU store that fault even if it was a week old?
The error displayed would have said "Fault detected re-start required" The fault code will be stored. Take your car in for service ASAP.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, the update should correct a myriad of other gremlins including stalling after fillup and misfires. ECU warning should be stored ind finitely until manually reset through an ODB2 device.

excellent thank you, it appears the dealer where I had purchased it told me they updated it but I do not think that was the case

1 - 9 of 9 Posts