Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Oil temp and air conditioner

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  AlfaCrisis 
#1 ·
Has anyone noticed that the oil temperature is running hot/ and any air conditioning problems. Also I have noticed a lot of questions on updating, is this done automatically or only at the dealership?

#3 ·
I have an ongoing A/C issue where the left side and right side temperatures are not the same even though the digital reading temp are synced. The left side vents are hot while the right side vents are cool. Waiting on my dealer to inform me they have a loaner available so I can drop it off.

#4 ·
Based on some other threads and my experience, the Giulia temp gauge runs between 1/2 and one bar above 1/2 when fully warm. It has been in the mid 90's here in Florida with no overheating problems on my car.

The AC system will deliver different temperatures out of the right/left vents if the sun is heating one side more than the other.

#5 ·
Already been 100 degrees here and no problems with the AC. I have the sunroof, too, even with the shade shut, the inside gets hotter than if you had the hard roof, but the AC cools it down nicely. Oil temp hovers between half way and one bar above

#8 ·
My a/c stopped blowing cold air on a 500 mile road trip in the 1st 100 =/- miles. Fan blew but hot air. After arriving at destination, I called dealer and they had it towed 211 miles away to get repaired. After 2 days on vacation without my car, they returned it and we left to return home a few days later.On the way home it did it again several times and I called the repair manager that fixed it in south carolina and he guided me through it to get me home by turning off a/c for 10 minutes then back on.When I arrived at home and returned car to st pete dealer, they kept it a week with no results. Dealer in carolina told me that he has several loaner cars that are doing the same thing. HELP...

#9 ·
This sounds like software. The ecu is probably cutting it out due to stress or some other sensors, controllers.

#10 ·
THis thread is soooo old, 17 had many upgrades since then, recalibration of oil temp display (4 in summer, 3 in winter) and AC (preventing freezing of AC in hot humid weather)

My suggestion is to check asap if the car had all RFTs and SW updates done before attempting anything else

#11 ·
Also, the Owners Manual warns, as I remember, that a period of no cooling may occur after extended cruising with a/c use...don’t see it right now, but a search might find it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.