Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanting to verify 20ft/lb as the proper torque for the oil pan drain plug. Whomever did the last oil change on my Giulia put it on nearer 40-50. Had to use a 24" ratchet to break it loose.

Thanks

Registered
can't tell you how many people I know have had drain plug threads stripped. My daughter had to have her Honda's oil pan replaced for some grease monkey's wrenching on her car's drain plug. Several of my newer cars have had big thick rubber washers, instead of the older crush ones. Less chance of a leak, and less chance of over tightening the plug. NV

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can't tell you how many people I know have had drain plug threads stripped. My daughter had to have her Honda's oil pan replaced for some grease monkey's wrenching on her car's drain plug. Several of my newer cars have had big thick rubber washers, instead of the older crush ones. Less chance of a leak, and less chance of over tightening the plug. NV
I've been wrenching on my vehicles since my first '73 K5. Always tighten to spec. I'm fairly sure the last oil change was done at the dealership, so one more reason they'll never touch the car unless it's warranty related.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts