Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to take the 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia to the local Firestone shop near my home. Had the new tires mounted there and the service managers were wonderful. The technicians were good to the car and were very careful. So I decided to get the oil changed at the same location. The service manager ordered the CORRECT oil and filter and did the job for $71.41. Price included tax and all the shop charges. Of course, they weren't able to reset the SERVICE INDICATOR, but the service manager said he would research. So he did and called me the same day. I took the car the following day and was able to reset the SERVICE INDICATOR that comes up on the dash. He had the WiTech product and with some patience he was successful. He was VERY happy that he not only learned something but was able to do and provided great customer satisfaction. To the team at Firestone in Northfield, NJ. you have a new and loyal customer!

Regards,
Ray

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Note the Service Indicator in the center display (radio, etc) is basically calling for the 1/10, 2/20 etc services, and generally takes a dealer to reset. The center dash (between speedo and tach) oil change required indicator is for the oil change only, and has a procedure in the owners manual. Some dealers are having heartburn with oil only changes at mileages like 27,000 or 6,000, and are saying they have to do the periodic service too...this is false, unless the center console indicator is calling for it, but some will refuse to do an oil only change...seems foolish to me.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Check this post out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As a matter of fact, the Firestone service manager said the same to me if he couldn't reset the service indicator. But he was able to, the oil/filter change went perfect and the oil was as per required by Alfa.

·
Vendor
1,238 Posts
As a matter of fact, the Firestone service manager said the same to me if he couldn't reset the service indicator. But he was able to, the oil/filter change went perfect and the oil was as per required by Alfa.
Hi Ray,
We are certainly happy to hear that your dealer was able to resolve your concerns. If you need assistance in the future we are available through private message!
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Glad to hear that it worked out well at Firestone for you.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Hi Ray,
We are certainly happy to hear that your dealer was able to resolve your concerns. If you need assistance in the future we are available through private message!
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares
The post was about the excellent customer service from the local Firestone shop in NJ not anything to do with the dealership.

Reactions: pingywon

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah but how to you rest the oil or maint for the car? If there is a special tool needed can someone link me to it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah but how to you rest the oil or maint for the car? If there is a special tool needed can someone link me to it?
I was able to reset oil maintenance countdown with my Launch 129 E code reader. i was able to reset the change oil reminder in cluster above steering column by ignition on (not running) and depress accelerator fully 3 times within 10 seconds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was able to reset oil maintenance countdown with my Launch 129 E code reader. i was able to reset the change oil reminder in cluster above steering column by ignition on (not running) and depress accelerator fully 3 times within 10 seconds.
Thank you!

·
Registered
469 Posts
What Giulia model do you have?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I don't believe this statement, I have a launch milenium 90 and it doesn't reset the oil light. I do not have a SGW. I guess MES it is then!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't believe this statement, I have a launch milenium 90 and it doesn't reset the oil light. I do not have a SGW. I guess MES it is then!
I have a 2017 Giulia 4c base model and I am able to reset oil maintenance in infotainment with my Launch 129e and reset change oil service by ignition on and depress accelerator pedal 3 times. (I just changed my oil last month 2000 miles before oil change due and reset with launch 129e. Oil change due Indicator in cluster showed up a month later and this time I believe I had to press accelerator pedal 6 times with ignition on to reset oil change required.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2017 Giulia 4c base model and I am able to reset oil maintenance in infotainment with my Launch 129e and reset change oil service by ignition on and depress accelerator pedal 3 times. (I just changed my oil last month 2000 miles before oil change due and reset with launch 129e. Oil change due Indicator in cluster showed up a month later and this time I believe I had to press accelerator pedal 6 times with ignition on to reset oil change required.
You need to make sure you completely depress accelerator pedal all the way down, you feel a click in your foot when completely pressed down.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Well I never heard of a Giulia 4c is as a 4c is a different car altogether. Do you mean a Q4?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Ray,
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares
Alfa fca doesn’t care I called today all they kept telling me was go to the dealer they may charge you to reset
Maintenance schedule 160 dollars funny oil change at my dealer is 120 have you ever Hurd that it’s not legal to monopolize things in North America have you Hurd of the bbb

1 - 18 of 18 Posts