Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

161 - 180 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Thanks for posting! Stock downpipe? Yeah good trap but I agree about 320chp probably like everyone else. Still no better but no worse either

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ecactly what I meant - no 313 whp EC phase 2 exist.
All the stage1 seems to be at 310 hp +/- 10hp
What seems to matter most in these dragy runs are models before/after EGR, FWD vs RWD, tyres, curb weight and luck.
Best guess is my 2020 200 hp is now at 300hp (crank)

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,725 Posts
If we would say slightly modified 2.0TBs then yes.
For sure, even my stock 280hp q4 was doing 13.6 13.7s in quite bad DA around +2k ft. The best so far after tuning 13.25s. If there is hybrid turbo (kozak) then it is league higher :cool:
Incorrect. I put up a Madness tuned 2.0L 1/4mi run at 13.19secs, and I lifted before the end, so it was definitely not a top effort. The Dragy was put up in post #93, but here it is again:

·
Registered
98 Posts
According to Squadra-Tuning, the pre egr versions have best potential for most hp / torque.
Most of them had 300-310hp stock while the later versions have 280-290 hp - something was changed...

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
123 Posts
Incorrect. I put up a Madness tuned 2.0L 1/4mi run at 13.19secs, and I lifted before the end, so it was definitely not a top effort. The Dragy was put up in post #93, but here it is again:

Of course my 13.25s wasn't the best, that was just example

·
Registered
98 Posts
Of course my 13.25s wasn't the best, that was just example
Any posted dragy result is THE best.....
Then if it’s actually from a Giulia 2.0 - well, that’s another story 😊
This is were the Dragy video overlay excels, but then there’s the hassle to upload videos to youtube.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
I think you guys are misunderstanding tomson. He wasn't saying 13.25 was the best on the board...he was meaning it was his best.

And now he's clarifying that 13.25 wasn't the overall best... it was his example of his best.

Video for fun

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
123 Posts
I think you guys are misunderstanding tomson. He wasn't saying 13.25 was the best on the board...he was meaning it was his best.

And now he's clarifying that 13.25 wasn't the overall best... it was his example of his best.

Video for fun

Exactly, thanks for clarifying this 👍

And very nice video with great results, you did that recently?? What was road conditions at that time ? I mean DA for example?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Exactly, thanks for clarifying this 👍

And very nice video with great results, you did that recently?? What was road conditions at that time ? I mean DA for example?
It was +550 da so not bad at all. I'm looking forward to those 5 days per year here we get in South Florida of negative 2000 density altitudes and running map 2. I just want to see that 12.9999999. Lol

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
123 Posts
It was +550 da so not bad at all. I'm looking forward to those 5 days per year here we get in South Florida of negative 2000 density altitudes and running map 2. I just want to see that 12.9999999. Lol
:cool: good luck then with this 12.99(9) I have to also find these days in Krakow to move from this +2000 da

Reactions: bhvrdr

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Nice job guys, getting better. you qv folks need drag slicks. 2.x 60 foots is killing you. With your torque and proper grip you could probably cut 1.6x 60 foots. Traps in the 120s is definitely indicative of the power being there.

Post#1 database updated:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Nice job guys, getting better. you qv folks need drag slicks. 2.x 60 foots is killing you. With your torque and proper grip you could probably cut 1.6x 60 foots. Traps in the 120s is definitely indicative of the power being there.

Post#1 database updated:

agree 100%. Just need a 17” rim that will fit. I will say the launch control on logger dongle was an issue with toyos gripping. Once I stopped using it the times were dramatically improved. Anyone know of a 17” rim that fits QV iron brakes set up?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts

Post#1 database updated:

I have some Proxes RR slicks 295 rears and 235 fronts that fit the QV free to whichever QV owner wants to pick them up. Only a few heat cycles on them.

·
Registered
446 Posts
agree 100%. Just need a 17” rim that will fit. I will say the launch control on logger dongle was an issue with toyos gripping. Once I stopped using it the times were dramatically improved. Anyone know of a 17” rim that fits QV iron brakes set up?
Unfortunately, according to my research, a 17" wheel will not fit over the QV's brakes.

Steel Brakes
Front
Rotor Size - 14.2 x 1.26 (360x26)

Rear
Rotor Size - 13.8 x 1.1 (350x28)

From what I know and could find supporting evidence online, 13" rotors is where you have to start looking at 18" wheels. It's also dependent on the caliper thickness. You could probably get some custom 17" rears that might be able to be designed to fit, but I think it'd be easier to change the rear rotors for something a size smaller (2.0l rear brakes?) and get 17s out back.

161 - 180 of 329 Posts