Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
47 Posts
Anyone out there with some 1/8, 1/4, 40-100, 60-130 results to post up?
Going to make new runs soon as I'm waiting for sprint filter delivery to see if that can improve a bit times for my current CT stage1

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
47 Posts
there are some phone apps that are decent. Usually the free ones are minimal but have more Options with subscriptions etc. The upside to dragy is it’s accuracy compared to time slips. Usually very close. Of course all gps apps will have variations.
Before dragy and chiptuning I tried Race Time app as it has nice reviews but for my 2.0T Giulia it showed 3 times for 0-62mph before remap. 5.0s 4.9s and ....3.2s :) the last result even better than QV so I would not take these apps seriously for comparison.
Using dragy I could not beat 5.6s in 0-62mph in the same road conditions.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Before dragy and chiptuning I tried Race Time app as it has nice reviews but for my 2.0T Giulia it showed 3 times for 0-62mph before remap. 5.0s 4.9s and ....3.2s :) the last result even better than QV so I would not take these apps seriously for comparison.
Using dragy I could not beat 5.6s in 0-62mph in the same road conditions.
that 3.2 was downhill with tail wind lol.

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
47 Posts
Interesting real world results. It definitely goes against what my understanding @bhvrdr. Will test myself too but dont have dragy yet. Never pulled a trigger, im not into racing i guess or timing but i am coming to see that it is an easy way to test performance.

So hows everyone doing pulls in 2.0L Giulias? In D mode i assume but are you in manual paddle shifting mode or auto? Does it matter, are shifts quicker in one vs other?

May just have to pull the trigger on dragy i guess 🤷🏻‍♂️
I have also that concern how auto mode works vs paddle shifting manual - what can be more efficient. For me I have been using always auto mode plus DNA addition of race mode. I heard that race mode is shifting gears quicker and I have that impression comparing to Dynamic

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
47 Posts
I can in extreme weather too at 115-120F in oem config and tune before going stg1 with Celtic Tuning. But i dont have dragy. I have these, it will give a general idea i think and close enough results.

View attachment 100732

i still have to install MES but i already have all the hardware for both MES and CT tune. Plan was to see how car behaves in extreme weather conditions in oem and log a baseline. Then compare it to the log of a tune, being a perpetual sceptic.
Hey

When you are going to install CT stage1? I would like to get a catch from you how it works in your case :) for me it is flawless and much more aggressive especially on lower rpm range. I'm wondering what dyno will show but MAF in torque is showing around 260g/s of air flow (still OEM filter), so it should be +300HP according @kozak

Reactions: Dr.dre

·
Banned
52 Posts
Hey

When you are going to install CT stage1? I would like to get a catch from you how it works in your case :) for me it is flawless and much more aggressive especially on lower rpm range. I'm wondering what dyno will show but MAF in torque is showing around 260g/s of air flow (still OEM filter), so it should be +300HP according @kozak
Honestly, i expected to have done it already but life had other ideas for me. I had a patio roof fail/leak and i had a small car accident (rear bumper and bumper bar only) on my other car, among other things. Ive had the Emotion+ now for at least a month 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport
102 Posts
God, there must be something wrong with my car because I cannot replicate these numbers. 1st gear is definitely pulling throttle on me, I feel a very obvious cutout. 0-10mph is taking way too long and I have no traction problems. My 20-40 mph spread blows everyone away, then 50-60 just falls flat on it's face. Makes no sense. Still can't find room for 1/4 mile and speed runs, but seems pointless if I can't even get a sub 5.5sec 0-60

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
47 Posts
Do you have Q4? If so it good to start from 3000rpm and 4.85s was possible in my case, but tires must be warmed up enough and I have impression that it must be less than 20 degrees. I tried yesterday when it was 30 degrees and I could not beat 5s....so no worries :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Do you have Q4? If so it good to start from 3000rpm and 4.85s was possible in my case, but tires must be warmed up enough and I have impression that it must be less than 20 degrees. I tried yesterday when it was 30 degrees and I could not beat 5s....so no worries :)
I have a RWD Q2. Not expecting AWD numbers, but I'm sure the LSD would help a little. I agree that temperature might be a factor. I live in central Florida and it's 36 degrees down here every day. Still can't seem to explain the pull back on throttle though. I might be breaking the torque limiter. Tuning companies say that 1st gear is programmed to pull power sometimes. I launched in 2nd gear one day and my time was nearly the same.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Got a great 1/4 mile time from member chaadster with a 2.0l q4 with MPP. Particularly good since he clearly lifted before reaching the end of the quarter. Best launch (60 foot) of all cars to date as well.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Got a great 1/4 mile time from member chaadster with a 2.0l q4 with MPP. Particularly good since he clearly lifted before reaching the end of the quarter. Best launch (60 foot) of all cars to date as well.

View attachment 101435
I would kill to have that weather right now. I'm still stuck in the upper 90's.....

Reactions: bhvrdr

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Lol id kill for it in the middle of our winters here in s fl.

Cant wait for boost season and waking up at 5am to get a good run in those 10 days a year we get it!

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,646 Posts

View attachment 101435
Thanks @bhvrdr for posting this! It’s a bit embarrassing I didn’t complete the run properly, but I didn’t have the volume on in the car and didn’t hear Dragy call-outs, so I was running by feel, and let up a little early.

Also, for the record, I was running a partial AFE intake, i.e. just the box and filter, mated to the stock intake elbow. I also might have had my GoPedal on in Sport mode, although I’m not at all sure that makes any difference to brake-boosted, WOT runs like this.

Reactions: bhvrdr

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Updated 40-100 run. I actually think I can get it to low 5s. 5.1-5.2. Maybe lower in good DA and without slowing down. Notice the slow down mid acceleration. That’s at least a .5-.75 secs off. Maybe more. It’s possible this car is sub 5 seconds in negative DA flat ground hero run. That would be pretty fast.

Attachments

·
Registered
302 Posts
0-60 i think not bad for non q2 Rwd. 60ft very slow. If better traction low 4 possibile.
60ft around 2.15s

Wysłane z mojego HD1913 przy użyciu Tapatalka

81 - 100 of 138 Posts