Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 138 Posts

·
Banned
52 Posts
@bhvrdr do you know of a tuner who would put it on a dyno and tune for e30-40 mix AND has tuned dit engines on e85 before?

I cant find any in USA.

Did you log when you ran e30? Where was fueling as far as being maxed out or not even close? How much were fuel adjustments if you recall, ballpark?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Eurocharged Performance told me they can make me an ms109 file which id use for either e30 or ms109. I usually can use them interchangeably on other cars i have.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Here is my updated 0-60mph time after remap was done with Celtic Tuning Stage1. This time start from around 3k rpm, fuel tank 30%, extra 30kg cargo on board.
View attachment 100396 View attachment 100398

1/4, 1/8 I have impression that could be better but I didnt have straight line road...not sure if that has some impact on results. 0-130mph also hard to measure ..

That tune looks pretty good! Nice trap speed at a fairly high DA

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
47 Posts
sorry for offtop guys, but what do you think about that?I have found it accidentally (of course I believe that it will not give 1 to 1 to professional dyno measurement):

In my case when I provided exact finish speed for 1/4, 1/8 miles and car weight (exact fuel level from torque pro and weight taken from perfexpert app) it showed me around 305-308HP, which I believe is realistic after my tuning?However celtic tuning declared power improvement up to 320HP, but I'm more 'cold head man' :)

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
47 Posts
That tune looks pretty good! Nice trap speed at a fairly high DA
Thanks, I think I could still decrease times, I need to find clear, flat and straight road ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
2019 QV. 0-60 time is recent with the JB4 tune, Stradale exhaust sprint filter, 295 MPS4S tires. Very high DA.

1/8 mile and 1/4 mile are MPP, Stradale, AS3+ tires 285.

I haven’t got a chance to test the JB4 and wider tires on the 1/8 mile and 1/4 yet. It’s too humid in MD.

I just bought ideal race intakes and 300 cell sport cats. Will get some new times soon.

551E165A-26BF-4434-B594-A4BED021D376.png DE88F848-C866-473E-9814-065B90E6249A.png

6BF625A1-F1AA-400E-BDFF-6926FFAAAD47.png

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Wow pretty good for that density altitude and non prepped. Youll be smoking in good air! Ill get you up on the board

Edit: need the da on the 1/4 mile run

·
Banned
52 Posts
Damn thats fast! Whats MPP, Madness piggyback?

Why does da matter, or specifically why is it a disadvantage?

I may be misunderstanding induced engines but that is one of the benefits of adjustment in closed loop to compensate for da delta and thus retain equal performance. If anything he will boost relatively “easier.” I think thats why he is fast.

If he did it at da 500 he’d be 0.25sec slower, i bet you 2$. (Especially at shorter intervals 0-60mph).

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
His 1/8 mile is in good air. At 3000da you can be off easily .3 sec and 3mph compared to sea level. Torque based and load based tuning with forced induction can make up for some of that but not if you have the turbos maxed. I picked up 2mph and .2 going from 500 feet to negative 1500 and that was stock tune without the turbo maxed

Perfect air stock run...

More normal Florida air stock run...

·
Banned
52 Posts
Interesting. Is this consistent and other variables constant or just what you happen to have.

Again, from my understanding na cars suffer at altitudes but induced cars should have no issues, if anything should spool up easier w higher altitudes. I certainly agree if turbo is maxed out and cannot compensate but is it that maxed out on a stock map? And we are talking boosting air from 12psi vs from 14psi to same target boost, if all other variables same (iats, timing, load requests, etc) no?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Yup very common. I probably have 500 to a thousand passes now on various forced induction cars and im no professional but i can tell you what the car will do before i even run it.

I do back to back runs in various da and can get the same trap speed for 10 runs in a positive 1000da and get 10 runs that are 2mph faster in a negative 1000da

Heres an example on the b9 s5...

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just bought ideal race intakes and 300 cell sport cats. Will get some new times soon.
@BlackMambaQV, how do you like the IdealRace downpipes with cats? What is the list price on the catted downpipes? (I sent IdealRace an email last week, but haven’t heard back.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
52 Posts
Interesting real world results. It definitely goes against what my understanding @bhvrdr. Will test myself too but dont have dragy yet. Never pulled a trigger, im not into racing i guess or timing but i am coming to see that it is an easy way to test performance.

So hows everyone doing pulls in 2.0L Giulias? In D mode i assume but are you in manual paddle shifting mode or auto? Does it matter, are shifts quicker in one vs other?

May just have to pull the trigger on dragy i guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Banned
52 Posts
I can in extreme weather too at 115-120F in oem config and tune before going stg1 with Celtic Tuning. But i dont have dragy. I have these, it will give a general idea i think and close enough results.

i still have to install MES but i already have all the hardware for both MES and CT tune. Plan was to see how car behaves in extreme weather conditions in oem and log a baseline. Then compare it to the log of a tune, being a perpetual sceptic.

·
Super Moderator
2,862 Posts
Yeah, I do not and will not ever have a dragy. I do however have a 10Hz GPS/GLONASS and of course any number of android apps. Do we know of any Android apps that have the same or similar features that Dragy has? Like DA, incline, etc?

Edit: I just dug through harry's LapTimer, and there is a performance tab where you can specify start and stop speeds. It'll use my GPS so it should be fairly accurate.

Reactions: Alfa Philly

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Anyone out there with some 1/8, 1/4, 40-100, 60-130 results to post up?
Will make some new runs once weather improves. Put a lot into QV so should see some big improvements. New tune. WMI. Rotors. Tires. Was going to remap for E85 but that seems extinct in philly area. Closest station is 20miles away. Smh. So WMI it is.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yeah, I do not and will not ever have a dragy. I do however have a 10Hz GPS/GLONASS and of course any number of android apps. Do we know of any Android apps that have the same or similar features that Dragy has? Like DA, incline, etc?

Edit: I just dug through harry's LapTimer, and there is a performance tab where you can specify start and stop speeds. It'll use my GPS so it should be fairly accurate.
there are some phone apps that are decent. Usually the free ones are minimal but have more Options with subscriptions etc. The upside to dragy is it’s accuracy compared to time slips. Usually very close. Of course all gps apps will have variations.

61 - 80 of 138 Posts