Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

661 - 671 of 671 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
188 Posts
DA in philly is -1900. I’ll be getting some runs in tonight for sure
How about your runs. Have you had chance to improve your times at that time??

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
How about your runs. Have you had chance to improve your times at that time??
i went out and did a few runs. All were against the wind so my ilower speed times were fast but once I got up to 110-130 car was slower. Here’s a sample. Look how fast the 60-110 is then I suddenly just hit a wall. winds were 20mph+. Wish dragy could somehow measure winds. Without wind I was def going to hit 7.5-7.6 60-130 if I compare my other runs I was at least .25 faster on lower end.

Sometimes you’re the bug. Sometimes you’re the windshield. I was the bug that day

I’ll get some runs in. WMI kit goes in later this week. Stay tuned.

Attachments

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
188 Posts
i went out and did a few runs. All were against the wind so my ilower speed times were fast but once I got up to 110-130 car was slower. Here’s a sample. Look how fast the 60-110 is then I suddenly just hit a wall. winds were 20mph+. Wish dragy could somehow measure winds. Without wind I was def going to hit 7.5-7.6 60-130 if I compare my other runs I was at least .25 faster on lower end.

Sometimes you’re the bug. Sometimes you’re the windshield. I was the bug that day

Anyway it is fast, would like to have some of that power from 100mph :)

Yes, dragy should align results with wind, but not sure if that would be possible and accurate. The same for slope levels, giving some handicap when speeding with positive.

By the way, have you tried your QV against some M2/M3?? Wondering how our Giulia is in that competition on 1/4 mile or 60-130mph

Reactions: Alfa Philly

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Anyway it is fast, would like to have some of that power from 100mph :)

Yes, dragy should align results with wind, but not sure if that would be possible and accurate. The same for slope levels, giving some handicap when speeding with positive.

By the way, have you tried your QV against some M2/M3?? Wondering how our Giulia is in that competition on 1/4 mile or 60-130mph
I’ve gapped many M3. Honestly they seem to be the least likely to race me. I think they already know. Usually it’s the hellcat guys who are naive. To be fair it’s hard to compare modded cars. A stock M3 runs 10.5-11 secs 60-130. But I’ve seen modded M3 at track run low 11s no problems. So just like any car. Always someone faster.

·
Registered
425 Posts

What kind of wmi will you install? Will you change ignition timing ?

Wysłane z mojego HD1913 przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
What kind of wmi will you install? Will you change ignition timing ?

AEM kit. Will run it first without retuning. See the results then go from there. Would expect to lower temps 40-50 degrees and maybe pick up 20whp without tuning. The cooling effects are what I’m looking for. I’m sure tuning for it will gain 70-80 whp. I’ll go down that road if need be after I run it a few times.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Please make some times compare with wmi and without. I'm considering wmi to mine Giulia , but don't know if it will worth spent money on it

661 - 671 of 671 Posts