Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

621 - 640 of 671 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #621
Yeah so my car randomly throws CEL when I am in any JB4 map, so I just keep it in map 0 and waiting to see if I get a CEL in stock form. I can comfortably do a bunch of runs in Map 1 and 2 and 3 without throwing a CEL, but I have had a couple of CEL on my way to work while running on a map for weeks (1 or 2), so it is strange and I am trying to pinpoint the cause. Now that I have my ideal location for doing runs, I can test things back to back and it is a very noticeable difference when the JB4 is doing its thing. Several times I have felt the boost break up or engine stumble or something on the high end usually on 2 to 3 shift or top of 3rd and it kills my speed of course. I am going to look at my JB4 logs to see what's going on. I am at about 39K miles, and not sure if the dealer did the 30K spark plugs and am also thinking about buying a new diverter valve.
Thats what id do too. Check plugs and bpv.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,241 Posts
Yeah so my car randomly throws CEL when I am in any JB4 map, so I just keep it in map 0 and waiting to see if I get a CEL in stock form. I can comfortably do a bunch of runs in Map 1 and 2 and 3 without throwing a CEL, but I have had a couple of CEL on my way to work while running on a map for weeks (1 or 2), so it is strange and I am trying to pinpoint the cause. Now that I have my ideal location for doing runs, I can test things back to back and it is a very noticeable difference when the JB4 is doing its thing. Several times I have felt the boost break up or engine stumble or something on the high end usually on 2 to 3 shift or top of 3rd and it kills my speed of course. I am going to look at my JB4 logs to see what's going on. I am at about 39K miles, and not sure if the dealer did the 30K spark plugs and am also thinking about buying a new diverter valve.
Just run the OEM diverter valve, aftermarket hoses things up IMO. More than likely your plugs are fine. 30k is premature.

Reactions: Alfa Philly

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just run the OEM diverter valve, aftermarket hoses things up IMO. More than likely your plugs are fine. 30k is premature.
Yeah I have read enough DV+ issues so I would just buy the factory one. It throws p0299 whenever I get the CEL. As for the plugs, I agree since Alfa themselves have upped the interval to 60K for the newer cars. I still need to check them and do a quick analysis and gap check.

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
188 Posts
My best ones for this evening. Finally slightly better weather, with some fog :( Could not make 40-100, lot of cars around. Winter hankook tires, half tank of lower octane petrol than before.

And 40-80 captured..

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #627

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
188 Posts
Outstanding! Are you still stock tune? Edit. Sorry celtic thats right. Celtic has a hell of a tune.
We are all together very close in 0-60mph, 1/8 and 1/4 miles, ok maybe apart from @Alfa Philly ;) and @kozak once his tires catched the asphalt :)

I'm feeling that with better weather (-DA, and less/better fuel in tank) 4.3x s will crack out soon

BTW has someone tried launch control with dongle from Squadra?? RWD or AWD?

Reactions: Alfa Philly

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Anyone noticing a big discrepancy in dragy time to time slips lately? Usually it’s pretty accurate. Lately I’ve had some that were almost a. Full .10 higher on dragy vs slip. Could be a very big difference for some guys running 13.07 or 13.08 when they would really have a 12.99. Just wondering if it’s just my satellite signal or common across board.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #633
Interesting. Seems like it was all off from the 60 foot on. Maybe try a different placement?

Ive seen as high as .05 before

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Interesting. Seems like it was all off from the 60 foot on. Maybe try a different placement?
yea I was wondering that. I keep in center consult where most people keep it but dragy does recommend putting on outside of car. Usually trunk. Wondering if I need a software update or something. It’s always off a little. Usually .02-.04 but never as much as this. And the mph is always within a .5 mile never 1.5mph. So maybe I’ll put it on trunk and see

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #635
yea I was wondering that. I keep in center consult where most people keep it but dragy does recommend putting on outside of car. Usually trunk. Wondering if I need a software update or something. It’s always off a little. Usually .02-.04 but never as much as this. And the mph is always within a .5 mile never 1.5mph. So maybe I’ll put it on trunk and see
Doesnt hurt to try. I always mount mine inside but wedged in such a way that it cannot move a millimeter. Not sure if that helps

·
Registered
242 Posts
Anyone noticing a big discrepancy in dragy time to time slips lately? Usually it’s pretty accurate. Lately I’ve had some that were almost a. Full .10 higher on dragy vs slip. Could be a very big difference for some guys running 13.07 or 13.08 when they would really have a 12.99. Just wondering if it’s just my satellite signal or common across board.
I was wondering about your dragy times from last night.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I was wondering about your dragy times from last night.
track was bad. 4 major wrecks. 2 runs in 5.5 hrs. Dew was really bad. Cars were spinning 300’. The traps were really shaky. Lots of wiggle in traps. My first run I spun badly and just let up. Live to race another day. Wasn’t great night for racing at a poorly run facility that’s for sure. But you make the best of it. Link below you can see a couple bad wrecks from last night.

10:20 is first wreck.
14:20 another
Rest you gotta scroll through.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I did some runs tonight and again am noticing some sort of breakup near redline. I was quicker using manual shifting at 5500 indicated on the tach. Some runs it was clean shifting in D while other times I could feel the breakup and knew it wasn't as fast. Gonna order some parts this week to do a tune up. Will also try a different gas station. Anyways, I hit a new low (barely) for 40-100 and a 13.04 1/4, but I don't like it since the graph is a V. Because of 1st and 2nd limit on boost, the car does way better times with a decline at the beginning and ending on an incline.
40-100.jpg

1320_3.jpg

621 - 640 of 671 Posts