Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Weather sucks too right now but hey gotta start somewhere. Go for it.

Yeah 12s is great and hopefully plenty more in it since its a turbo upgrade car.
12s is fast. So is 4.5 sec 0-60. Wasn’t too long ago those numbers were considered top tier for street cars. Cars are just crazy fast stock anymore.

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
Weather sucks too right now but hey gotta start somewhere. Go for it.

Yeah 12s is great and hopefully plenty more in it since its a turbo upgrade car.
I'd love to hear what you did for the turbo.

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
He has it listed as a hybrid turbo. Not even sure I know what that is. Electric assisted?
Nope, hybrid just refers to a mishmash of parts from different turbos. Ours is very small, spools quick, but then dies out pretty early. You could alter that to spool a bit later but also give more boost. That's the extent of my knowledge. LOL

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Nope, hybrid just refers to a mishmash of parts from different turbos. Ours is very small, spools quick, but then dies out pretty early. You could alter that to spool a bit later but also give more boost. That's the extent of my knowledge. LOL
Spot on. In the cases of cars with electronic wastegate actuators its often easier to use the same housings and machine them and replace cartridges with bigger gear. Then you can just plug and play the turbo with easy boost control tools like a jb4

·
Registered
293 Posts
I got inlet and outlet wheels bigger than stock.
My got 1.9b at 6000rpm.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G973F przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I got inlet and outlet wheels bigger than stock.
My got 1.9b at 6000rpm.

That makes sense. So you are around 27.5psi at 6k and im stuck at around 22.5psi at 6k on stock turbo so this accounts for probably 50 more hp you have which also correlates with the 4mph higher trap speed you have. Not bad at all. Are you maxed on boost yet do you think? Fuel ok?

Mikr

·
Registered
293 Posts
That makes sense. So you are around 27.5psi at 6k and im stuck at around 22.5psi at 6k on stock turbo so this accounts for probably 50 more hp you have which also correlates with the 4mph higher trap speed you have. Not bad at all. Are you maxed on boost yet do you think? Fuel ok?

Mikr
This is not max, now I got 1.8b Deisred boost, turbo is making 1.89. We will try to put Deisred 1.9 and add fuel.

1/4 or 0-60 would not be much better becuase of limitations in gearbox in lower gears. At this moment nobody can remap gearbox. I will try to reset adaptive settings in gearbox, maybe she will learn new torque.
More hp i see on 100-200km/h which is better around 1,5s.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
This is not max, now I got 1.8b Deisred boost, turbo is making 1.89. We will try to put Deisred 1.9 and add fuel.

1/4 or 0-60 would not be much better becuase of limitations in gearbox in lower gears. At this moment nobody can remap gearbox. I will try to reset adaptive settings in gearbox, maybe she will learn new torque.
More hp i see on 100-200km/h which is better around 1,5s.

Nice work!

Im sorry if ive asked before but can you share who did the turbo and do they want to make them for others?

Did you find it to be a pretty easy plug and play or any tricks to install?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nice work!

Im sorry if ive asked before but can you share who did the turbo and do they want to make them for others?

Did you find it to be a pretty easy plug and play or any tricks to install?
Install is plug&play, you only need new gaskets water and oil.
Turbo is from Poland. Company Perun Turbo. You can find them on Facebook.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Install is plug&play, you only need new gaskets water and oil.
Turbo is from Poland. Company Perun Turbo. You can find them on Facebook.

Thank you very much for the reference. Good luck pushing it further!!!

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 280HP 2018
24 Posts
Here is my updated 0-60mph time after remap was done with Celtic Tuning Stage1. This time start from around 3k rpm, fuel tank 30%, extra 30kg cargo on board.
Stage 1 Screenshot_20200701-084144_dragy.jpg

1/4, 1/8 I have impression that could be better but I didnt have straight line road...not sure if that has some impact on results. 0-130mph also hard to measure ..

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
He has it listed as a hybrid turbo. Not even sure I know what that is. Electric assisted?
The terminology is overloaded. There exist hybrid electric turbos which can spin up faster and also gain some energy from pressure blow off. I have not heard of anything beyond prototypes.

Hybrid in the case however refers to a mish-mash of parts, as @JeFizz already noted. It is easier to squeeze an oversize turbine inside of an already fits housing (requires some precision machining work) than to make a complete but different turbo charger fit.

·
Registered
452 Posts
yeah, the acceleration and top speed of cars now a days are light years ahead of what was available back in the heady '60's. In '69, bought my first new car, a Dodge Charger R/T with a 440 motor. Had lots of friends with GTO's, 442's, W31's, 396 Chevys, Z 28's , Road Runners, and even earlier 409 cars and 421 Pontiacs. I bought all the car mags of that time, and enjoy now watching the video's of pure stock muscle cars running the quarter.

Even the muscle cars of then can't compare to modest cars now days. It was hard to get into the 13's, or even the 14's with stock engines and the tires of the day. I remember when a Hemi Charger went 13.6, and that was fast. Plus, most of our cars would be hard pressed to hit 120 mph too. Besides, like my Dodge in Germany, which wouldn't even make one full stop from 90 without out brake fade. Plus big motor cars back then had terrible gas mileage. I could watch the gas gage drop at full throttle with my Charger.

I had a first generation Mitsubishi AWD turbo car, and C&D had it on their mag cover, with "...scorches to 60 in 6.3 sec..." Mini vans will do that now.

But at least they were loud and much faster than run of the mill sedans. Plus they looked so cool. Heady times, for sure.

NAM VET

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Here is my updated 0-60mph time after remap was done with Celtic Tuning Stage1. This time start from around 3k rpm, fuel tank 30%, extra 30kg cargo on board.
View attachment 100396 View attachment 100398

1/4, 1/8 I have impression that could be better but I didnt have straight line road...not sure if that has some impact on results. 0-130mph also hard to measure ..
Nice work! Its cool to see the improvement in trap speeds in the same basic weather too. Looks like you picked up well over 2mph in traps in both the 8th and the 1/4. Thats probably 25hp to 30hp up top which is probably as good as it gets in those conditions. I think if I ran in +2600 density altitude right now my traps would be similar.

mike

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 280HP 2018
24 Posts
thanks, well I did not think much before about weather conditions that can have such a huge impact on car performance, but I started to read about it and indeed ;)
I can feel that 1/4 and 1/8 could be better, but for this I would need straight line road or .....a tunnel , but it is hard to find one nearby :)
You are running yours Giulia with only Jb4 map1? and the rest is stock? if so, then you have very good results with that config

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
thanks, well I did not think much before about weather conditions that can have such a huge impact on car performance, but I started to read about it and indeed ;)
I can feel that 1/4 and 1/8 could be better, but for this I would need straight line road or .....a tunnel , but it is hard to find one nearby :)
You are running yours Giulia with only Jb4 map1? and the rest is stock? if so, then you have very good results with that config
Yes correct. Its probably the same or similar results as most tunes. We all seem to be turning up the boost as much as we can up top but the turbo runs out of steam.

If we could get more timing from a tuner and run race gas or e85 we could probably make a significant amount more power

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes correct. Its probably the same or similar results as most tunes. We all seem to be turning up the boost as much as we can up top but the turbo runs out of steam.

If we could get more timing from a tuner and run race gas or e85 we could probably make a significant amount more power
Yes. But who? Do you know of tuners who have experience with e85 and can open and modify oem map, if sent to them?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts

can you run race gas and e85 with multi air?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
You can run race gas but i haven't found a tuner online who will make a file without having my car.

With e85 ive never had to run more than e40 to get maximum benefit and no reason you cant do that in our cars. Ive run e30 in mine but got no benefit because timing is so conservative

41 - 60 of 75 Posts