Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

181 - 200 of 926 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
238 Posts
@kozak from 0-50mph you are smoking other 2.0T but till 0-40mph I'm still faster :p I think with better grip at start and negative DA you can get into 4.3s - indeed the fastest Giulia 2.0T so far

·
Registered
511 Posts
@kozak from 0-50mph you are smoking other 2.0T but till 0-40mph I'm still faster I think with better grip at start and negative DA you can get into 4.3s - indeed the fastest Giulia 2.0T so far
Rwd is no grip at all next season I will put 255 for rear. It should be better.

Wysłane z mojego HD1913 przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Decided to throw 100 octane in on my last run. Wheels spun down the track but trap speed was ridiculous. Wow anyone who says higher octane doesn’t matter. Here’s proof. Went from 122 mph to 125 mph. I’m gonna get it to hook on 100 octane and should be low 11s. Maybe a hero 10.9 if everything perfect. Sad part is dragy didn’t save my 1/8 mile that was 7.4. Or my 0-60 that was 3.57 on that 1.8 60’ launch. Good thing I kept the slips. Anyone know why dragy erases some runs? It’s terrible cell signal at atco. Maybe that’s it.
Mark up @bhvrdr

1/8 mile 7.4
1/4 mile 11.5
Personal best Trap speed 125 mph

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Decided to throw 100 octane in on my last run. Wheels spun down the track but trap speed was ridiculous. Wow anyone who says higher octane doesn’t matter. Here’s proof. Went from 122 mph to 125 mph. I’m gonna get it to hook on 100 octane and should be low 11s. Maybe a hero 10.9 if everything perfect. Sad part is dragy didn’t save my 1/8 mile that was 7.4. Or my 0-60 that was 3.57 on that 1.8 60’ launch. Good thing I kept the slips. Anyone know why dragy erases some runs? It’s terrible cell signal at atco. Maybe that’s it.
Mark up @bhvrdr

1/8 mile 7.4
1/4 mile 11.5
Personal best Trap speed 125 mph
Fantastic! A 3 mph difference just from filling the tank with 100 is impressive. How do you feel the rear differential and half shafts will hold up with a sticky launch and that kind of power?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Fantastic! A 3 mph difference just from filling the tank with 100 is impressive. How do you feel the rear differential and half shafts will hold up with a sticky launch and that kind of power?
not for long lol. The diff is the weakest point in car so far. Already swapped out at 28k miles. The key is a sticky launch and without a radial will be very hard.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Well done. Great improvement in 60 foots on the 11.5 run.

The 100 octane doesnt help on the 2.0l as there is no knk control going on at all in that engine on 93 octane. Clearly the 2.9l does have timing advance to take advantage. Be interesting to log the 2.9l and see how much ignition knk control is going on with 93 octane then we could see just how much octane could be used to take full advantage.

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
238 Posts
Got bit confused as according celtic tuning they have developed their map on 100 octanes petrol and they advised to use it to maximize performance of 2.0T, but not sure how it is correlated with dragy runs..I have never refilled with lower octanes (ok only once I have added 10l of 98 octanes petrol and next morning I got CEL)...

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Got bit confused as according celtic tuning they have developed their map on 100 octanes petrol and they advised to use it to maximize performance of 2.0T, but not sure how it is correlated with dragy runs..I have never refilled with lower octanes (ok only once I have added 10l of 98 octanes petrol and next morning I got CEL)...
US octane ratings are different.

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
238 Posts
US octane ratings are different.
ah you're right, you are using AKI index (RON/MON average) and we simply based on RON only. So our 98/100 RON petrol is rated like 93 in US - allright :)

lesson learned

Reactions: Alfa Philly

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Update the list @bhvrdr

cars getting dialed in. Once 60’ in 1.7 range she will flirt with 10s. Trapping at 126mph in 1/4. 101 mph in 1/8th. 60’ killing me.

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
How the squadra dongle measure times ? Is it taken speed from cluster ?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
How the squadra dongle measure times ? Is it taken speed from cluster ?

I was surprised it’s pretty spot on with dragy. Maybe a 1/10th here and there either way. But it’s pretty accurate at times lol. When I ran 11.41 on dragy it was 11.44 on logger. only thing is sometimes it Resets your top run number so I just take a pic of it to save it.

Edit. I gotta play that lotto number now. 11.44 @ 11:44am in pic. Wild

Attachments

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Nice trap speed! Post #1 database updated.

Thats definitely at least the full 500hp being put down, probably a bit more. I was trapping around 123mph with 500hp in a 3900lb car. Get those drag slicks and you're in the 10s
mike

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Nice trap speed! Thats definitely at least the full 500hp being put down, probably a bit more. I was trapping around 123mph with 500hp in a 3900lb car. Get those drag slicks and you're in the 10s
mike
im gonna go wit Hoosier R7 in late October for a hero run in negative DA. I never intended it to be a drag car per say but I’ll take out seats, empty trunk, have 1/4tank 100 octane, WMI and go for it. After that I’ll just go back to how it’s sets up now and enjoy it’s drivability. For comparison it’s trapping 2 mph higher than my friends 2019 hellcat charger. Faster speed in 1/8 and 1/4 and he’s on a tire With a 1.6-60’. So if I can get a 1.7-60’ I think I’ll hit 128 mph and maybe crack 10s as is. After WMI I think it’s 10.8-10.7. Could always go the Audi route and throw a killer chiller in trunk. That would easily put it mid 10s. But I just don’t want to make it a full blown racer I have a 2011 mustang 5.0 I can do that with if I want. But overall speed is there. Tuning is on point. Car running good. Cross fingers. Would love to do a 1/2 mile run. I saw I was in 3rd place on dragy 1/2 mile By only half second and that’s a it’s running a 1/4 mile with slow down lol. So I think it’s a low 17s @ 150mph+ in 1/2 mile. Anyone know a half mile run in mid Atlantic area?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Yeah, you're already in the 10s with a 126mph trap speed if you can get that 60ft down. I was at 11.0x at 123mph with an awd car cutting very low 1.6x 60 foots. Try the hoosier dr2. remember you dont need wide tires for the rear drags (width is more for lateral grip...road courses). You need a sticky compound.

Killer chiller is nice. I put one on an S5 I had and it got iats well below ambient but it was worthless for anything but drag strips. There's a 30 second recovery time needed to get IATs back cool so if you try and do back to back WOT runs you can get the IC coolant super heated and i'd see like 90c intake temps. So it was literally only good for drag setup. And if you keep the heat exchanger in place you really need to run a bypass valve on it because all it does is actually heat up the chilled fluid if you keep it in place. So you bypass it when running at the strip, then flip the valve and put it back in the loop for street driving. PITA actually. Also even running es12 refrigerant my A/C performance was not very good at idle and stop lights. Sucked in south florida.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Yeah, you're already in the 10s with a 126mph trap speed if you can get that 60ft down. I was at 11.0x at 123mph with an awd car cutting very low 1.6x 60 foots. Try the hoosier dr2. remember you dont need wide tires for the rear drags (width is more for lateral grip...road courses). You need a sticky compound.

Killer chiller is nice. I put one on an S5 I had and it got iats well below ambient but it was worthless for anything but drag strips. There's a 30 second recovery time needed to get IATs back cool so if you try and do back to back WOT runs you can get the IC coolant super heated and i'd see like 90c intake temps. So it was literally only good for drag setup. And if you keep the heat exchanger in place you really need to run a bypass valve on it because all it does is actually heat up the chilled fluid if you keep it in place. So you bypass it when running at the strip, then flip the valve and put it back in the loop for street driving. PITA actually. Also even running es12 refrigerant my A/C performance was not very good at idle and stop lights. Sucked in south florida.

I agree. Not going chiller route before just using WMI. That should be enough to drop IATs. I never do Back to back runs. I try to do an hour break between. 60’ is my hurdle. Weight also. I’m prolly at 4100lbs with me driving. I’m 250lbs. Need a 110lb gumad to run it lol

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I agree. Not going chiller route before just using WMI. That should be enough to drop IATs. I never do Back to back runs. I try to do an hour break between. 60’ is my hurdle. Weight also. I’m prolly at 4100lbs with me driving. I’m 250lbs. Need a 110lb gumad to run it lol
I wouldn't want to mess with you LOL. I am 165lb and I struggle to launch it...!

·
Registered
Giulia Veloce Q4 2018
238 Posts
guys, regarding 1/2 mile is [email protected] decent for 2.0T?I have found that result in my history and I'm wondering how it is comparing to other 2.0T Giulia/Stelvios - there are not so many uploaded runs on dragy, though

181 - 200 of 926 Posts