Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio Sport with trailer hitch
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw the great thread on 0-60 times and in other forums we had cool drag time databases so I thought I'd make one thread where we can see acceleration data.

Here is a link to the database....

Submit your times. If they are at a track or via dragy, they'll be accepted. Lets get a good database going.

Format for Submission. Complete all parts of the entry you have. If you only got a 1/8 mile time, thats fine just only put that data. If only 40-100mph, thats cool too. Just only put that data.

Driver: Your user ID
Car: QV or 4 Cylinder
Drive: RWD/AWD
Fuel: 91, 93, E30, E85, 100, 104
Density Altitude: you find this on the dragy slip or if you were at a track you use dragtimes DA calculator
60ft:
1/8 Mile ET:
1/8 Mile Trap Speed:
1/4 Mile ET:
1/4 Mile Trap Speed:
40-100mph:
0-130mph:
60-130mph:

If modified include:
Turbo:
Tune:
Intake:
Downpipe:
Exhaust:

Cooling:

Last, thing is post a photo of your timeslip or dragy slip with your post.

Example:

Driver: bhvrdr
Car: 4 cylinder
Drive: RWD
Density Altitude: +940
60ft: 2.06
1/8 Mile ET: 8.68
1/8 Mile Trap Speed: 81.69
1/4 Mile ET: 13.49
1/4 Mile Trap Speed: 102.18
40-100mph:
0-130mph:
60-130mph: 19.48

Stock Car

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just grab 1/8 mile data then if youd like. Some people go out to uncrowded freeways and start on the side of the road so their not speeding much. Some have access to country roads. If you don't have a safe spot dont risk it.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks AlfaPhilly! I went ahead and ran the DA calculator for that date on your timeslip. I assumed it was ATCO. Let me know if im wrong. Thats very decent considering how much power you have to contend with. You need some drag slicks ;)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice work Kozak! I think youll be at the top of the tuned 2.0l for quite a bit.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Come on fellas i know a lot of you have done dragy runs.

Dont be shy. They dont have to be record breaking. Lets get some numbers on the board!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Adding this one...

Driver: bhvrdr
Car: 4 Cylinder
Drive: RWD
Fuel: 93
Density Altitude: +542
60ft: 1.99
1/8 Mile ET:
1/8 Mile Trap Speed:
1/4 Mile ET:
1/4 Mile Trap Speed:
40-100mph:
0-130mph:
60-130mph:

If modified include:
Turbo:
Tune: jb4 map 1
Intake:
Downpipe:
Exhaust:
Cooling:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the contributions fellas. Yeah Triumph23, trying to get a good run on a high horsepower, fron engine, rear wheel drive car without drag slicks and a prepped surface is not an easy trick. Just keep trying to lower that launch rpm if you spin too much and try and go lower pressure and get some heat in those tires like philly said.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
How did you get these times while stock? I believe your times but I have mods and yet you are faster than I am. Honestly it's a little depressing. Lol!
Thanks for posting it up! Remember, there's always someone slower ;)

These cars only have an additional 30 hp or so left in them on the top end so dont expect to see crazy numbers but every little bit can help to make sure you see that 30hp.

My stock launch was a tenth better than yours. Thats not an eternity but its not nothing so theres a tad bit of time there.

Ive found its helpful to make sure you dont start a run with a heat soaked intercooling system. The intercooling system on these cars work very well but like any a2w system they have weak points and thats when you have no air flowing over the car they will heat soak. In fact, the bigger the heat exhanger the more it will heat soak with no air flowing over it. So try and start a run after you've cruised at 60mph or so for a minute. This ensures you start a run with a nice low intake temp. Our intercooler setup is so good that as long as you start out at a low intake temp, the intake temps seem to go DOWN as you romp on the car up to 130mph.

Make sure your car is not overweight. Dont carry an additional hundred pounds. If you can run with a half tank of fuel or less thats great. If you happen to weigh 250lbs and I weighed 150lbs (just using as an example) then you're going to run a couple tenths slower potentially.

Last thing is to take a log on your car in 4th or 5th gear from 2krpm to redline. See what its doing. Make sure there's no timing retard and you're getting the boost you should be.

Keep at it. Mike

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I thought about the weight after I made these runs. At the time I did have a full tank and I had an additional person in the car, so roughly 214 more pounds than I would have if I was riding solo with a half tank. This weekend I will make some solo runs with around half a tank. Thanks for the tips! Much appreciated. Oh, I almost forgot, what were you launching at?
You bet. Youll do better. God luck.

2 krpm with rwd. Higher and i spin.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
I don't get it with this interest in pointless stats. I've owned Alfas on and off since 1966 (Porsche yellow 1600 Duetto). It's a fine handling car, but it's a friggin' lard-assed four-door sedan, that's not even competitive in its stock autocrossing class. Why do you care?

Either prepare it and take it to the track, in class, or just enjoy the car for the superbly-handling street car that it is.
Thank you for letting us know what is the proper way to enjoy our cars

Talking about weight, mine is 3,570 with 1/2 tank of gas.
Thats not bad at all by todays standards. Sunroof?

Thats about 350lbs lighter than my S5 and it feels it.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hi guys

Here are mine results. Not as good as yours but I did only 3 runs so far and still learning how to make faster results :)

Driver: Wilq84
Car: 2018 Q4 Veloce 280HP
Drive: AWD
Fuel: 100(RON=99)
Density Altitude: 635ft
60ft: 1.99

1/8 Mile ET: 8.78
1/8 Mile Trap Speed: 79.84 mph
1/4 Mile ET: 13.69
1/4 Mile Trap Speed: 100.44 mph
0-60mph: 5.33s

Turbo: Stock
Tune: N.A.
Intake: Stock
Downpipe: Stock
Exhaust: Ragazzon catback
Cooling: Stock

View attachment 100320

View attachment 100321

View attachment 100322
Not bad at all for a basically stock Q4! You're in not the best altitude for perfect results so taking that into account thats pretty good.

The q4 gives ever so slightly lower trap speeds due to ever so slightly higher drivetrain losses but it can get to 60 very quick if you work on the launch.

Try revving all the way up to 2500rpm and releasing.

Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Weather sucks too right now but hey gotta start somewhere. Go for it.

Yeah 12s is great and hopefully plenty more in it since its a turbo upgrade car.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Nope, hybrid just refers to a mishmash of parts from different turbos. Ours is very small, spools quick, but then dies out pretty early. You could alter that to spool a bit later but also give more boost. That's the extent of my knowledge. LOL
Spot on. In the cases of cars with electronic wastegate actuators its often easier to use the same housings and machine them and replace cartridges with bigger gear. Then you can just plug and play the turbo with easy boost control tools like a jb4

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I got inlet and outlet wheels bigger than stock.
My got 1.9b at 6000rpm.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G973F przy użyciu Tapatalka
That makes sense. So you are around 27.5psi at 6k and im stuck at around 22.5psi at 6k on stock turbo so this accounts for probably 50 more hp you have which also correlates with the 4mph higher trap speed you have. Not bad at all. Are you maxed on boost yet do you think? Fuel ok?

Mikr

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
This is not max, now I got 1.8b Deisred boost, turbo is making 1.89. We will try to put Deisred 1.9 and add fuel.

1/4 or 0-60 would not be much better becuase of limitations in gearbox in lower gears. At this moment nobody can remap gearbox. I will try to reset adaptive settings in gearbox, maybe she will learn new torque.
More hp i see on 100-200km/h which is better around 1,5s.

Nice work!

Im sorry if ive asked before but can you share who did the turbo and do they want to make them for others?

Did you find it to be a pretty easy plug and play or any tricks to install?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Install is plug&play, you only need new gaskets water and oil.
Turbo is from Poland. Company Perun Turbo. You can find them on Facebook.

Thank you very much for the reference. Good luck pushing it further!!!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Here is my updated 0-60mph time after remap was done with Celtic Tuning Stage1. This time start from around 3k rpm, fuel tank 30%, extra 30kg cargo on board.
View attachment 100396 View attachment 100398

1/4, 1/8 I have impression that could be better but I didnt have straight line road...not sure if that has some impact on results. 0-130mph also hard to measure ..
Nice work! Its cool to see the improvement in trap speeds in the same basic weather too. Looks like you picked up well over 2mph in traps in both the 8th and the 1/4. Thats probably 25hp to 30hp up top which is probably as good as it gets in those conditions. I think if I ran in +2600 density altitude right now my traps would be similar.

mike

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
thanks, well I did not think much before about weather conditions that can have such a huge impact on car performance, but I started to read about it and indeed ;)
I can feel that 1/4 and 1/8 could be better, but for this I would need straight line road or .....a tunnel , but it is hard to find one nearby :)
You are running yours Giulia with only Jb4 map1? and the rest is stock? if so, then you have very good results with that config
Yes correct. Its probably the same or similar results as most tunes. We all seem to be turning up the boost as much as we can up top but the turbo runs out of steam.

If we could get more timing from a tuner and run race gas or e85 we could probably make a significant amount more power

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
You can run race gas but i haven't found a tuner online who will make a file without having my car.

With e85 ive never had to run more than e40 to get maximum benefit and no reason you cant do that in our cars. Ive run e30 in mine but got no benefit because timing is so conservative

1 - 20 of 207 Posts