Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Official 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, 40-100mph, 0-130mph, 60-130mph dragy and timeslip drag database. How fast are you?

145K views 1K replies 61 participants last post by  cphilippou 
#1 · (Edited)
I saw the great thread on 0-60 times and in other forums we had cool drag time databases so I thought I'd make one thread where we can see acceleration data.

Here is a link to the database....

Submit your times. If they are at a track or via dragy, they'll be accepted. Lets get a good database going.

Format for Submission. Complete all parts of the entry you have. If you only got a 1/8 mile time, thats fine just only put that data. If only 40-100mph, thats cool too. Just only put that data.

Driver: Your user ID
Car: QV or 4 Cylinder
Drive: RWD/AWD
Fuel: 91, 93, E30, E85, 100, 104
Density Altitude: you find this on the dragy slip or if you were at a track you use dragtimes DA calculator
60ft:
1/8 Mile ET:
1/8 Mile Trap Speed:
1/4 Mile ET:
1/4 Mile Trap Speed:
40-100mph:
0-130mph:
60-130mph:

If modified include:
Turbo:
Tune:
Intake:
Downpipe:
Exhaust:

Cooling:

Last, thing is post a photo of your timeslip or dragy slip with your post.

Example:

Driver: bhvrdr
Car: 4 cylinder
Drive: RWD
Density Altitude: +940
60ft: 2.06
1/8 Mile ET: 8.68
1/8 Mile Trap Speed: 81.69
1/4 Mile ET: 13.49
1/4 Mile Trap Speed: 102.18
40-100mph:
0-130mph:
60-130mph: 19.48

Stock Car

See less See more
#2 ·
My problem is finding a place where I can measure this effectively. I have an OBD reader that's Bluetooth and have OBD Fusion and a full version of Multiecuscan but I don't have a place I can drive 130 mph...not without facing jail time or that doesn't have curves. Any suggestions?

#4 · (Edited)
QV. Stock. Cornicello on mirror (+75 whp). Add in the sprint air filter I’m at 517wtq. Lol. Anyway Here’s a 1/4 mile and 1/8th time slip and 1/8th dragy run street. Faster time on street with slower trap story of the QV I also have a 1/4 slip I ran a 11.7 in dynamic mode. Car has power just won’t hook even with toyos. Will post more just wanted to get in board for you
Text Blue Line Font Parallel

#6 ·
Thanks AlfaPhilly! I went ahead and ran the DA calculator for that date on your timeslip. I assumed it was ATCO. Let me know if im wrong. Thats very decent considering how much power you have to contend with. You need some drag slicks ;)

#8 ·
it was atco. DA wasn’t great but atco is usually one of the best for DA. Will post other slips and dragy. Shame they don’t make any slicks for a 19” rim. Although ET streets maybe. But same as toyo r888rs. Car has power. Just no grip. The main reason it hooks better on street vs track (doesn’t make sense I know) is that the tires are almost always warmed up on street runs vs cold at track. Sitting 1.5 hrs between runs never helps and QV doesn’t “spin” wheels as much as it’s hops.

#12 ·
Adding this one...

Car: 4 Cylinder
Fuel: 93
Density Altitude: +542
60ft: 1.99
1/8 Mile ET:
1/8 Mile Trap Speed:
1/4 Mile ET:
1/4 Mile Trap Speed:
40-100mph:
0-130mph:
60-130mph:

If modified include:
Turbo:
Tune: jb4 map 1
Intake:
Downpipe:
Exhaust:
Cooling:

#15 ·
Ok tried new found dragy for the first time ever..I haven't managed to learn how to launch the QF properly yet. Despite warming up on the flat old tarmac I am getting quite a bit of wheel spin from launch. I had more wheel spin in Race so switched back to Dynamic and stayed in Auto. The road was not the best, need to find a quiet stretch, too many distractions on this run! On one run had a stupid Tesla model S try and race me!!

Pardon my first attempt. 0 to 60 is meaningless and I got late 4s due to the wheel spin. Hopefully with more practice I can catch @Alfa Philly

Stock QV. No mods whatsoever..Shell V Power 99 RON (UK).

Text Blue Line Font Screenshot

#16 ·
Ok tried new found dragy for the first time ever..I haven't managed to learn how to launch the QF properly yet. Despite warming up on the flat old tarmac I am getting quite a bit of wheel spin from launch. I had more wheel spin in Race so switched back to Dynamic and stayed in Auto. The road was not the best, need to find a quiet stretch, too many distractions on this run! On one run had a stupid Tesla model S try and race me!!

Pardon my first attempt. 0 to 60 is meaningless and I got late 4s due to the wheel spin. Hopefully with more practice I can catch @Alfa Philly

Stock QV. No mods whatsoever..Shell V Power 99 RON (UK).

View attachment 100193 View attachment 100194
You can try lowering pressure down. Corsa should be ok at 26 psi before slipping on rim. Maybe 27psi. Takes practice. QV will spin at will. Takes a minute to figure out what rpm to launch at for your specific car. All cars are different. Even my qv will launch like a monster some days and others just TSC kicks in or wheel hop. Tires are everything. Reason people wear drag slicks at tracks.

#17 ·
Thanks for the contributions fellas. Yeah Triumph23, trying to get a good run on a high horsepower, fron engine, rear wheel drive car without drag slicks and a prepped surface is not an easy trick. Just keep trying to lower that launch rpm if you spin too much and try and go lower pressure and get some heat in those tires like philly said.

#18 ·
For those hardcore alfisti that have a secluded area that they do dragy runs or pulls on you can always put your own homemade track bite down.
Dr Pepper. Or mister Pibb for the “suthiners”
Let it dry and it’s super sticky. Cheap too. Of course rubber is best. If you can do burn out in spot that’s ideal.

#22 ·
Driver: Sparky2019
Car: 2019 Ti Sport
Fuel: 94ish
Density Altitude: 505ft
60ft: 2.13
1/8 Mile ET: 8.82
1/8 Mile Trap Speed: 81.24 mph
1/4 Mile ET: 13.64
1/4 Mile Trap Speed: 102.44 mph
40-100mph:
0-130mph:
60-130mph:

Turbo: Stock
Tune: JB4 Map2
Intake: EuroCompulsion V2
Downpipe: Stock
Exhaust: Stock
Cooling: Stock

Attachments

#23 ·
I saw the great thread on 0-60 times and in other forums we had cool drag time databases so I thought I'd make one thread where we can see acceleration data.

Here is a link to the database....

Submit your times. If they are at a track or via dragy, they'll be accepted. Lets get a good database going.

Format for Submission. Complete all parts of the entry you have. If you only got a 1/8 mile time, thats fine just only put that data. If only 40-100mph, thats cool too. Just only put that data.

Driver: Your user ID
Car: QV or 4 Cylinder
Drive: RWD/AWD
Fuel: 91, 93, E30, E85, 100, 104
Density Altitude: you find this on the dragy slip or if you were at a track you use dragtimes DA calculator
60ft:
1/8 Mile ET:
1/8 Mile Trap Speed:
1/4 Mile ET:
1/4 Mile Trap Speed:
40-100mph:
0-130mph:
60-130mph:

If modified include:
Turbo:
Tune:
Intake:
Downpipe:
Exhaust:

Cooling:

Last, thing is post a photo of your timeslip or dragy slip with your post.

Example:

Car: 4 cylinder
Density Altitude: +940
60ft: 2.06
1/8 Mile ET: 8.68
1/8 Mile Trap Speed: 81.69
1/4 Mile ET: 13.49
1/4 Mile Trap Speed: 102.18
40-100mph:
0-130mph:
60-130mph: 19.48

Stock Car

View attachment 100163

View attachment 100165
How did you get these times while stock? I believe your times but I have mods and yet you are faster than I am. Honestly it's a little depressing. Lol!

#24 ·
Thanks for posting it up! Remember, there's always someone slower ;)

These cars only have an additional 30 hp or so left in them on the top end so dont expect to see crazy numbers but every little bit can help to make sure you see that 30hp.

My stock launch was a tenth better than yours. Thats not an eternity but its not nothing so theres a tad bit of time there.

Ive found its helpful to make sure you dont start a run with a heat soaked intercooling system. The intercooling system on these cars work very well but like any a2w system they have weak points and thats when you have no air flowing over the car they will heat soak. In fact, the bigger the heat exhanger the more it will heat soak with no air flowing over it. So try and start a run after you've cruised at 60mph or so for a minute. This ensures you start a run with a nice low intake temp. Our intercooler setup is so good that as long as you start out at a low intake temp, the intake temps seem to go DOWN as you romp on the car up to 130mph.

Make sure your car is not overweight. Dont carry an additional hundred pounds. If you can run with a half tank of fuel or less thats great. If you happen to weigh 250lbs and I weighed 150lbs (just using as an example) then you're going to run a couple tenths slower potentially.

Last thing is to take a log on your car in 4th or 5th gear from 2krpm to redline. See what its doing. Make sure there's no timing retard and you're getting the boost you should be.

Keep at it. Mike

#25 ·
I thought about the weight after I made these runs. At the time I did have a full tank and I had an additional person in the car, so roughly 214 more pounds than I would have if I was riding solo with a half tank. This weekend I will make some solo runs with around half a tank. Thanks for the tips! Much appreciated. Oh, I almost forgot, what were you launching at?

#27 ·
I don't get it with this interest in pointless stats. I've owned Alfas on and off since 1966 (Porsche yellow 1600 Duetto). It's a fine handling car, but it's a friggin' lard-assed four-door sedan, that's not even competitive in its stock autocrossing class. Why do you care?

Either prepare it and take it to the track, in class, or just enjoy the car for the superbly-handling street car that it is.

#32 · (Edited)
Hi guys

Here are mine results. Not as good as yours but I did only 3 runs so far and still learning how to make faster results :)

Driver: Wilq84
Car: 2018 Q4 Veloce 280HP
Drive: AWD
Fuel: 100(RON=99)
Tires: GoodYear Asymmetric 3 225/45/R18
Density Altitude:2535ft

1/8 Mile ET: 8.78
1/8 Mile Trap Speed: 79.84 mph
1/4 Mile ET: 13.69
1/4 Mile Trap Speed: 100.44 mph
0-60mph: 5.33s

Tune: N.A.
Intake: Stock
Exhaust: Ragazzon catback

Text Blue Line Font Azure

#33 ·
Hi guys

Here are mine results. Not as good as yours but I did only 3 runs so far and still learning how to make faster results :)

Driver: Wilq84
Car: 2018 Q4 Veloce 280HP
Drive: AWD
Fuel: 100(RON=99)
Density Altitude: 635ft

1/8 Mile ET: 8.78
1/8 Mile Trap Speed: 79.84 mph
1/4 Mile ET: 13.69
1/4 Mile Trap Speed: 100.44 mph
0-60mph: 5.33s

Tune: N.A.
Intake: Stock
Exhaust: Ragazzon catback

View attachment 100320

View attachment 100321

View attachment 100322
Not bad at all for a basically stock Q4! You're in not the best altitude for perfect results so taking that into account thats pretty good.

The q4 gives ever so slightly lower trap speeds due to ever so slightly higher drivetrain losses but it can get to 60 very quick if you work on the launch.

Try revving all the way up to 2500rpm and releasing.

Thanks for posting!

#39 ·
I need to get some times done now that I finally finished all mods. I actually run EC Phase 2 and a Jb4 simultaneously. Wondering what that would do in terms of numbers, but I live in the city and I have no roads to do runs on. My car is also fully optioned, so it's probably a crap ton heavier than everyone else's :cautious::cautious:

That guy who managed to get into the 12's 1/4 mile is badass though.

#55 ·
Nice work! Its cool to see the improvement in trap speeds in the same basic weather too. Looks like you picked up well over 2mph in traps in both the 8th and the 1/4. Thats probably 25hp to 30hp up top which is probably as good as it gets in those conditions. I think if I ran in +2600 density altitude right now my traps would be similar.

mike