Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Ocra GT Junior Now Available for Order?

13K views 46 replies 16 participants last post by  m&ms 
#1 ·
Only on QV. Also Verde Montreal.

Reactions: Il_Conte
#3 ·
I saw a teaser pic of an Ocra Stelvio on FB.

#5 ·

Reactions: shpuncik
#7 ·
FB. Link in post #6 (click on the "f").

Reactions: Avnyc11
#8 ·
Both NA and AlfaRomeo.it configurators are not showing this wonderful and desirable color (yet)! Do you have a selling-side link which has this option anywhere?

Understand there are multiple peeks... and I do have NA Marketing materials that confirm 2H 2021 availability plans.

An Ocra GT Junior QV will be mine! Too bad no Q4... oh well.

#14 · (Edited)
Well I thought it was ocher not ochre or ocra. "The web" seems to agree.
Then I thought it was a vegetable from Africa that I don't like to eat, but that is Okra.

OCRA: Orthogonal Challenge Response Algorithm (same as multi-factor authentication?)
also OCcupational Repetitive Action; something that happens a lot at a car factory.

Anyway, I guess Ocra or Ocher sounds better than "rust", which is literally the original source of this color.

I think Ocra is Italian for Ocher.

Wouldn't an Orca color car be black and white camo? Hmmm, might sell...

#15 ·
I love the color but the name is ridiculous.

The original Giallo Ocra color from the late '60s and early '70s was available on the 1750 GTV, and later the 2000 GTV, in addition to the smaller-engined GT Juniors.

So the logic of naming the color after the GT Junior, which was basically a way around displacement-based taxes in Italy and elsewhere in Europe, is curious to say the least...

#16 ·
I fear I may have done a disservice by using the absurd name from the Facebook post in the thread total.

#17 ·
Some very funny word challenge comments here. Ochre/Orca/Ocra/Okra. Is it a paint, whale or vegetable? Lol.

Bottom line though, an awesome color that really stands out. Can’t wait to see it in person.

Great comments in the vid about the autonomouse driving which I would rarely use but glad they added it.

Reactions: SirRog
#18 · (Edited)
I like your spelling of autonomous. The system works well but only on certain roads.

Reactions: hownowcb
#21 ·
Remember that U.S. and Europe launch model years at different times. US launches NEXT year in the fall of the PRIOR year. Europe launches new year in the SPRING of THAT YEAR. Might explain why there's late availability sometimes, like they're waiting for the other geo's model year to turnover. I'm betting this time it's complicated by Covid, too. Still, there's a video on youtube of the production line making a Montreal Green GTA, so that color should be in regular production now.
I'm desperate to see the new Reds even more.

#25 ·
The US configurator is finally updated with the new colors!

One ocra gt or Verde Montreal please lol

Now if only Alfa would offer green calipers

Reactions: REDGTA
#26 ·
I didn't get that the new colors were just QF :(
Still no sign of the new reds. The press release listed a "Rosso Etna" and the Europeans get a "6C Villa D'este Rosso" and their announcement mentioned a "Rosso GTA". Any idea about these? Is our Rosso Etna a rename of one of those Europeans, since we don't get the GTA and have no idea what the Villa D'este is?

#28 ·
#39 ·
Also in Milan...

#42 ·
HAHAHA, that one dude peed a bit.

Reactions: Avnyc11
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.