Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think both are excellent answers to improve the handling characteristics of the vehicle. I'm curious if the square setup with the 19x10s can be achieved, and if the mentioned rub would be negated, using the either kit sans spacer. Mostly I'm happy to see the aftermarket responding and offering solutions for these cars.

I still don't have a dog in the fight being giulia-less, but this kind of thing keeps me up at night. I'll likely be using both products. Staggered setups on a FR car hurt my soul...which I realize is a personal issue.

Reactions: TucosChild

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I think both are excellent answers to improve the handling characteristics of the vehicle. I'm curious if the square setup with the 19x10s can be achieved, and if the mentioned rub would be negated, using the either kit sans spacer. Mostly I'm happy to see the aftermarket responding and offering solutions for these cars.

I still don't have a dog in the fight being giulia-less, but this kind of thing keeps me up at night. I'll likely be using both products. Staggered setups on a FR car hurt my soul...which I realize is a personal issue.
Thanks for the note.

Our mockups, CAD, and on car measurements strongly indicated that the 10" rims need both the shorter control arms and spacer to clear. Luckily the rubbing is minor at full lock.

The shorter upper control arms give the camber and change the steering axis angle. Combined with the wider track, you get the stability, bite, and better wheel feedback and return to center with increased scrub radius.

Another nice benefit is that driving on the freeway one does not need to be constantly correcting the darty steering. More relaxing in a straight line.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,497 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
Yo Jesse,

At the risk of sounding like a fan boy:

No increase in Noise, Vibration, and Harshness. But, more feedback (my opinion of course).

One thing I really like about the QV ride is the excellent compliance on the street. I noticed this change as the suspension after wore in at about 3000 miles or so, very nice in the twisties and rough local roads....some bottom outs, but, oh well 🤷‍♂️

This car is really coming together now for safety and predictability. The Ideal Race tune is also excellent, really calmed the berserk (but fun at times) power delivery, broadened the powerband.

The brake by wire system is next, we know who the Bosch guy is who can tune that. Liability tho 😬

Best

TC

·
Registered
986 Posts
Yo Jesse,

At the risk of sounding like a fan boy:

No increase in Noise, Vibration, and Harshness. But, more feedback (my opinion of course).

One thing I really like about the QV ride is the excellent compliance on the street. I noticed this change as the suspension after wore in at about 3000 miles or so, very nice in the twisties and rough local roads....some bottom outs, but, oh well 🤷‍♂️

This car is really coming together now for safety and predictability. The Ideal Race tune is also excellent, really calmed the berserk power delivery, broadened the powerband.

The brake by wire system is next, we know who the Bosch guy is who can tune that. Liability tho 😬

Best

TC
It's not Bosch its Continental that makes the brake system.

·
Vendor
3,538 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,901 Posts
Silly suggestions:

What about the known suspension issue with the longevity of the ball joints in the antisway bar links? Something with zerk fittings sure would be good.

To go over-the-top, titanium hubs would be good. Less heat on the wheel bearings, less unsprung weight, and maybe rebuildable? Alfaholics makes them for their resto-mod cars, but not to fit Giulia 952. OTOH, my Q4 has Q4 specific front hubs <sigh>.

A little less over the top would be a brake vent kit--ideally adaptable to 4 cylinder/Q4 models. Essentially a brake plate with a port for air and maybe a bracket for a water line. Let the individual figure out how to get air into the port; a situation that varies a lot between Giulia models and individual tastes.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Silly suggestions:

What about the known suspension issue with the longevity of the ball joints in the antisway bar links? Something with zerk fittings sure would be good.

To go over-the-top, titanium hubs would be good. Less heat on the wheel bearings, less unsprung weight, and maybe rebuildable? Alfaholics makes them for their resto-mod cars, but not to fit Giulia 952. OTOH, my Q4 has Q4 specific front hubs <sigh>.

A little less over the top would be a brake vent kit--ideally adaptable to 4 cylinder/Q4 models. Essentially a brake plate with a port for air and maybe a bracket for water. Let the individual figure out how to get air into the port; a situation that varies a lot between Giulia models.
I'd like some adjustable sway bars and adjustable end-links

41 - 54 of 54 Posts