Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone can help me out, I am looking to monitor a bunch of PIDS to see whats going on with the chip boxes I installed from Seletron.
Got a 2017 QV and I can monitor most pids that show me a bit as to what is going on but I can't see the knock and timing advance.
I have tried DashCommand, OBD Fusion using an iPhone. I have used a nGauge programming only for monitoring and does not have the knock and timing advance.

I see the max boost is staying the same around 20.5psi but I see the mid rpm range has increased some. Around 5000 rpm's stock I was seeing around 14/15psi now with the chip boxes its around 19/20psi.

Please let me know what everyone else is using to monitor the Alfa's pids.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Not only does the Quad have two ECUs, it also has two turbos. Being able to monitor both ECUs and both turbos is going to be a must. Generally speaking, one turbo is for low RPM boost and the other for high RPM boost with both working during mid-range. I don't own a Quad, so I can't/won't say much else.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Not only does the Quad have two ECUs, it also has two turbos. Being able to monitor both ECUs and both turbos is going to be a must. Generally speaking, one turbo is for low RPM boost and the other for high RPM boost with both working during mid-range. I don't own a Quad, so I can't/won't say much else.
That's interesting on the two turbo control...I just assumed they were both operational all the time. How is that controlled from the ECU? Via wastegates?

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Most apps will show engine timing off a standard PID, I think, so probably the GQ, because of the dual ECU setup, is using a custom PID for that and knock.

Did you ask Seletron? If you can get the PIDs, you can add their data stream in many apps (e.g. Torque). Dunno about Dashcommand, but probably.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will ask Seletron what their using to monitor.
Really want to see what’s going on, I have been to the track a few times with consistent 11.8 @ 122mph times. The only issue is the torque management off the line seems to increase with the chip boxes and pedal booster. After the torque management falls off the acceleration is insane.
Waiting to get to the track again for some runs.
From playing with a dodge hellcat on a 50mph roll i was dead even stock before the chip boxes need to find one again ?

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
I’ve also installed the seletron chip box in my q.v. and notice an improvement. I would really like to see it on a dyno. I’m guessing the boost and pressure is increased by the chip box but for how long is the question. The car is absolutely fast. Not sure a hellcat could keep up with even a stock q.v. on anything other than straightaway. With the chip box I bet the q.v. may would beat a hellcat in a 1/4. Would like to know for sure. It was cheap. $1200 parts and installed out the door. It makes me want to consider a full ECU swap in a year or two after all the updates and bugs are worked out. Let me know if you ever have any info on the seletron numbers. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts