Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Just a quick one i hope someone can confirm for me.

Noticed today when cleaning the car the OBD port is under the steering wheel ( Right hand drive model ) but it's just exposed but looks like a cover could of fitted there.

Have a look at the picture, if anyone can chime in that would be great.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Hello all

Just a quick one i hope someone can confirm for me.

Noticed today when cleaning the car the OBD port is under the steering wheel ( Right hand drive model ) but it's just exposed but looks like a cover could of fitted there.

Have a look at the picture, if anyone can chime in that would be great.
Looks a lot like mine, except I have a LHD. There is no way to see this from a normal viewing angle and I doubt if dirt, water, etc can easily get up into the port. Some place like Grainger ( https://www.grainger.com/ ) might sell a port cover that fits. I find their site hard to navigate though.

If you find a suitable cover, let us know, there might be others interested in a cover as well.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yeah, looks like it projects past the surface too. Port on my 360 is open air the same below steering wheel.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,775 Posts
Yeah, looks like it projects past the surface too. Port on my 360 is open air the same below steering wheel.
How about your Miata?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have connected to many OBD ports on various car brands to download crash analysis data. I never saw one with a cover.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the information guys

At least now i know it is not missing from new.

However i was more referring to an entire panel that fits the recess as opposed to a cover for the socket itself.

Either way if it is not fitted then it doesn't matter. I doubt i'll have issues leaving it exposed.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,775 Posts
While a cover would hid that shoddy from prying eyes, it would be another step as well as something to misplace when taking OBD readings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts