Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ti Sport
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in San Antonio, TX and bought a 2021 Ti Sport in March. I called Nyle Maxwell in Austin, TX to schedule my 10k service for my 2021 Alfa Giulia. I was asked by the receptionist what model car & told her the Alfa. She stated they were no longer servicing Alfas nor being a new car dealer starting 18 October. She stated to call Maserati of Austin as they are going to be covering services. So, I called Maserati and spoke to Sam. He said they were going to be servici the Alfa’s but he not sure when or how fast as they could schedule as they had no parts, tools nor techs to service Alfa‘s. He took my name & number and said would call but it would probably be late November at the earliest. I have 8k on my odometer & called Nyle Maxwell again and asked how am I going to get warranty work and what happens if I am late on my 1st service. the lady had no idea and took my number. My question is if I am past 10k for service what happens? Will they honor future warranty work since their dealers close constantly. What is going on with Alfa? There are only 2 other places for services, DFW & Houston. I am reaching out to Alfa Connect but who really knows. Love my Alfa but now what?.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
I live in San Antonio, TX and bought a 2021 Ti Sport in March. I called Nyle Maxwell in Austin, TX to schedule my 10k service for my 2021 Alfa Giulia. I was asked by the receptionist what model car & told her the Alfa. She stated they were no longer servicing Alfas nor being a new car dealer starting 18 October. She stated to call Maserati of Austin as they are going to be covering services. So, I called Maserati and spoke to Sam. He said they were going to be servici the Alfa’s but he not sure when or how fast as they could schedule as they had no parts, tools nor techs to service Alfa‘s. He took my name & number and said would call but it would probably be late November at the earliest. I have 8k on my odometer & called Nyle Maxwell again and asked how am I going to get warranty work and what happens if I am late on my 1st service. the lady had no idea and took my number. My question is if I am past 10k for service what happens? Will they honor future warranty work since their dealers close constantly. What is going on with Alfa? There are only 2 other places for services, DFW & Houston. I am reaching out to Alfa Connect but who really knows. Love my Alfa but now what?.
Don’t know if there is any special accommodation in this case, but normally if you exceed 10k/12 months for first service it will no longer be free. And not servicing at recommended interval could have warranty implications. I’d find an Alfa dealer somewhere and get it serviced before you hit 10k/12 months.

·
Registered
2021 Ti Sport
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don’t know if there is any special accommodation in this case, but normally if you exceed 10k/12 months for first service it will no longer be free. And not servicing at recommended interval could have warranty implications. I’d find an Alfa dealer somewhere and get it serviced before you hit 10k/12 months.
Thank you. That is my thoughts exactly. I guess time to make the trek to Houston.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Thank you. That is my thoughts exactly. I guess time to make the trek to Houston.
@The_Dude is right, you can also service it yourself. Didn‘t occur to me because I’m not so inclined. Another possibility is to check with a local FCA dealer and see if they have the correct spec oil and filter and can perform the service. It really is just oil/filter change and tire rotation that is due at 10k.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does Madness Autoworks service Alfa Romeo? They have a location in Spicewood, TX which is west of Austin

·
Registered
2021 Ti Sport
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@The_Dude is right, you can also service it yourself. Didn‘t occur to me because I’m not so inclined. Another possibility is to check with a local FCA dealer and see if they have the correct spec oil and filter and can perform the service. It really is just oil/filter change and tire rotation that is due at 10k.
I will check around San Antonio to see if FCA can do the service. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,378 Posts
Do you have any idea where Maxwell's technicians went? If they're at FCA dealerships, they may be able to perform Alfa work there.

·
Registered
2021 Ti Sport
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I highly recommend Helfman Alfa Romeo on I-10.

Isn’t there an Alfa Dealer in San Antonio, or did that place close?
Thank you, I reached out to them this evening. The Alfa dealer closed here in San Antonio about 2 years ago. Have you used them? Good customer service.

·
Registered
2018 Ti Sport Q2
1,163 Posts
Thank you, I reached out to them this evening. The Alfa dealer closed here in San Antonio about 2 years ago. Have you used them? Good customer service.
Yeah, i’ve only used Helfman for servicing and warranty work. Dont know how they would compare to the others but they’ve been great; friendly and competent. Highly recommended.

Cheers

·
Registered
164 Posts
Found this out yesterday. If we lose an Alfa approved facility in Austin I'll have to sell my car. I don't have the time nor luxury to drive across Texas for warranty issues. Really disappointed, but waiting to see if the Maserati deal goes through.

Reactions: terence

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow. That’s a bummer.
I own two Alfas, live in Austin, and was a regular customer of Nyle Maxwell.
Please let us all know what the Maserati dealership says…
-Terence

·
Vendor
1,193 Posts
Does Madness Autoworks service Alfa Romeo? They have a location in Spicewood, TX which is west of Austin
Thank you Activa!

Swfmotorsports, We do service on Alfa's very regularly.

I would say we should have everything in house for a 10k service on a 2.0L or 2.9L.

The guys in the shop do stay busy with customer builds, but if you would give Jeremy in our show room a call at 512-982-9393 ext 202 and he can let you know when our next availability is.

Hopefully we can help save you the commute to Dallas.

·
Registered
2021 Ti Sport
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you Activa!

Swfmotorsports, We do service on Alfa's very regularly.

I would say we should have everything in house for a 10k service on a 2.0L or 2.9L.

The guys in the shop do stay busy with customer builds, but if you would give Jeremy in our show room a call at 512-982-9393 ext 202 and he can let you know when our next availability is.

Hopefully we can help save you the commute to Dallas.
Will give you a call tomorrow. Thank you.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Got confirmation the Maserati dealership is taking over Alfa in Austin. Event coming in a couple of months per an employee there.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Got confirmation the Maserati dealership is taking over Alfa in Austin. Event coming in a couple of months per an employee there.
Cool, thanks! This whole thing got me worried.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts