Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I just came back from the NY Auto Show....wanted to post you up some pictures and observations about the new Stelvio:
1: Misano Blue Color: looks really nice in real life, not my taste, but it shows the lines of the Giulia really well. as far as availability, please tale this for what it is worth as there were NO DEALER REPS at the show. same as last year. the spokespeople there said that the Misano Blue would be available for the Giulia Quad & Stelvio Quad only. it will not be an offered option to the standard Giulia & Stelvio.
2: Stelvio Quad was really tasty in person, reminded me of the Cayenne GTS, muscular, purposeful all business. They had 2 Stelvio's for us to sit in. I was actually impressed with the leg room in the back, better than I expected, however I believe each will have to see if it fits their needs. The inside of the rear cargo area was larger than what you might expect from the outside dimensions, it is deceiving to say the least. the rear cargo area goes deep and the rear seats are split fold down. Didn't ask about availability, forgot sorry.
3: Not a touring guy...can't stand the Panamera.....THIS however just changed my mind...enjoy Guys...oh BTW The show was not such a big deal..usual suspects....nothing to write home about

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
When I upgrade my Rossa Tri Coat Ti to a QV I'm going Misano Blue.. that is a sweet color! But then again, not sure if there is a bad Giulia color out of the bunch..

·
Registered
193 Posts
Noooooo, I was hoping 2018 Ti Models would have Misano blue as a option. Just another reason why we need the Veloce in the US!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
The Misano blue reminds of my STi Launch edition...... it would suit a youngster much better than I......
The Stelvio is very impressive, if it only could tow my rig........

The Panamera, not as ugly as when it first came out, but still not a object of beauty.....

I think the Q in RC is still the winner!

Grazie per le foto ed il commentario!

·
Vendor
619 Posts
This was the first year I didn't have the time to attend. Was looking forward to viewing the Stelvio. It looks fantastic. Thanks for the pictures!

Reactions: kanundrum

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the photos - and particularly the description of the rear capacity. I wish you'd gotten a shot of the rear interior. I have not seen a single shot of that!
Reason I'm interested is that I am actually thinking of the possibility of swapping my QV for a Stelvio QV

·
Registered
103 Posts
so I just came back from the NY Auto Show....wanted to post you up some pictures and observations about the new Stelvio:
1: Misano Blue Color: looks really nice in real life, not my taste, but it shows the lines of the Giulia really well. as far as availability, please tale this for what it is worth as there were NO DEALER REPS at the show. same as last year. the spokespeople there said that the Misano Blue would be available for the Giulia Quad & Stelvio Quad only. it will not be an offered option to the standard Giulia & Stelvio.
2: Stelvio Quad was really tasty in person, reminded me of the Cayenne GTS, muscular, purposeful all business. They had 2 Stelvio's for us to sit in. I was actually impressed with the leg room in the back, better than I expected, however I believe each will have to see if it fits their needs. The inside of the rear cargo area was larger than what you might expect from the outside dimensions, it is deceiving to say the least. the rear cargo area goes deep and the rear seats are split fold down. Didn't ask about availability, forgot sorry.
3: Not a touring guy...can't stand the Panamera.....THIS however just changed my mind...enjoy Guys...oh BTW The show was not such a big deal..usual suspects....nothing to write home about
Misano Blue is available for ordering now.
I just put another QV order in after return first one. The second dealership already has one ordered but ended up changing it to my spec

·
Registered
75 Posts
That Stelvio QV looks quite low for an SUV.

I might be getting a Stelvio next year and being low would a plus for me!
more or less like Jaguar F-Pace, Stelvio Quadrifoglio has an electronically adjustable air suspension tied to DNA.

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
NOT a fan of Misano Blue...at all!

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Misano Blue is available for ordering now.
I just put another QV order in after return first one. The second dealership already has one ordered but ended up changing it to my spec
again as I said in the initial post ALL INFORMATION at the show was given by Alfa NA HIRED REPS!....these are not actual Alfa employees but good looking and in some cases SMOKING HOT :grin2: hired guns for the show....so their information might not be the best...
however the cars are indeed there, in MISANO, in Quad & Standard form...
they (Stelvio) look great in either format, I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the cargo area and rear room, am considering selling/trading in my X1 3.5 M-Sport....BUT I will insist on driving one first, and not the Quad.

·
Registered
343 Posts
This blue is awesome but not sure how it looks like under low light condition. The paint composite is different than those two closest blue from Maserati. So there is no reference.
That color blue would look fantastic with a black carbon fiber roof, IMO

·
Registered
189 Posts
Misano looks to me (in the pics anyway) like the classic 70's electric blue in american muscle cars ? also it seems more japanese racer type color than alfa color, but yes on the QV it's quite suitable

·
Registered
226 Posts
The Misano Veloce in the pictures that Rosso Competizione posted are the first time I've seen the black calipers... they seem to go well with that color.. Curious if anyone has put yellow calipers on a Rosso yet?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts