Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ciao Alfisti,

Time to dust off the cobwebs -Please join us for our fist drive of the season – see details below

Please RSVP to GT Linton

[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
I might just join you on this one. I go out there a lot as it is, but I do have wine to pickup from some vineyard club memberships and it sounds like fun to ride with a group. Sound Ave?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Not sure what route you take there, but one of the best roads on LI is Route 51 North off Sunrise Hwy. A great ride, part of the run reminds me of the Mulsanne Straight (before the chicanes) at LeMans, smooth ride with just one light at the college, and lovely scenery. Take it to the end, then Route 24 to 105N to 25E. Or exit for Route 63 and cutoff through a part of downtown Riverhead to 24 and then 105N to 25E, to the winery.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent recommendations....not sure of the exact route as a club member has drawn up the tour route...

I know we're going through Port Jeff if that helps.....

All are welcome to join....if you plan on attending , please RSVP to George Linton so we can provide the

winery with a head count....thanks, D

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I miss attending all these great events.

Much easier when I lived in Manhattan, but much harder now that I am in NJ.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Excellent recommendations....not sure of the exact route as a club member has drawn up the tour route...

I know we're going through Port Jeff if that helps.....

All are welcome to join....if you plan on attending , please RSVP to George Linton so we can provide the

winery with a head count....thanks, D
That's a north shore/LIE route - understandable if that's where most people are coming from. The other route is a south shore route with the jog to the north fork along 51N.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yea, I'm pretty much dead in the middle of the island, but my favorite road is Sound Ave, nothing but farms and vineyards from Wading River to Orient Point! It's my usual, summertime, Sunday morn motorcycle ride for breakfast..... until Autumn hits and the 'pumpkin people' from NYC start venturing out, LOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts