Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about starting a registry for NRING owners. I would create this on an Excel spreadsheet and share it through One Drive for all the owners. I think it would be interesting to know where each one of these cars ended up. You could share as much information or as little information as you would like. I currently own #20 and live in West Lafayette, Indiana. I am pretty unfamiliar with how to use these forums, but I have been reading lots of conversations for the last 2 years. I have recently sold my 2017 Giulia Ti Sport for this used NRING and absolutely love it so far. Please send me an email to [email protected] about your NRING and I will send you a link to the Excel document that I am starting. I tried to start this in a "conversation" only sending it to people on here that I believe have an NRING, but it seemed to limit me to 5 or 6 people. I have decided to open myself up here on the forums to see if I can help NRING owners connect and share information. You can even text me at 765-586-9817. I won't answer calls from numbers I don't recognize, so if you would rather talk, leave a message.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel

·
Registered
38 Posts
Great idea on the registry,I have 53/55 optioned with Sparco seats, I am in Lakewood Ranch, Florida. Bought new in NC… I have seen 1 other NRing in area driving, did not have the chance to speak to the owner.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
I just bought this one from the dealer that bought it from BAT pending inspection! #26/55, here in Atlanta, Georgia.
Congrats!. Great car. I was tracking it in BAT out of curiosity for pricing's on the NRing's vs. regular QVs. The dealership won the auction at $62.5K and I think they need to pay additional 5% so, if that is true, the sell price was about $66K. How much was that NRing#26 for you then?.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats!. Great car. I was tracking it in BAT out of curiosity for pricing's on the NRing's vs. regular QVs. The dealership won the auction at $62.5K and I think they need to pay additional 5% so, if that is true, the sell price was about $66K. How much was that NRing#26 for you then?.
Thanks! Really stoked about it, should be here next week from California. I'll politely decline to share price details out of personal philosophy, but I think they were very fair in how they priced considering I knew what they had into the car. I don't think I'll lose money on it, I'll put it to you that way.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Got it! Lol, I didn’t realize, I wish you the best of luck, i have had mine since May 2020(New) It replaced an AMG GT, no regrets, phenomenal car, the NRING touches and color are great, I recommend Dr. Beasleys Matte products, Very unique vehicle!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got it! Lol, I didn’t realize, I wish you the best of luck, i have had mine since May 2020(New) It replaced an AMG GT, no regrets, phenomenal car, the NRING touches and color are great, I recommend Dr. Beasleys Matte products, Very unique vehicle!
Awesome to hear! I'll make a longer post if I accept delivery, but I'm so stoked to finally drive this platform. Long story short, I've been really, really lucky to own drive a number of amazing cars (911s, R8, McLaren, GTR, etc.) but a new job requires a 30 mile round trip commute every day, so I need one performance car to "do it all." I tried a Range Rover for a while, and while a stunningly competent car, obviously not a performance car that inspired passion on a long commute hahaha. Tested every other competitor, M3-5, E63, RS cars, etc, and found them insanely fast but utterly devoid of passion or engagement with driving. It's all roller coaster speed with those cars now - you're on rails. So looking forward to a car that feels alive and can eat up miles, so love to hear that about reliability! Any quirks to how you take care of the paint in event of some rash on the front bumper?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Unfortunately, This paint does not touch up well, in my opinion , even glossy paints don’t touch up well, my advice is coat is with the DrBeaslys ceramic coat for matte, see how it goes, if you notice stone chips just go for the xpel satin protection wrap for front bumper…I find the paint to be rather strong, though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just want to update everyone on this out of respect for the community. Alfa Romeo of Marietta, Georgia, contracted to sell me this vehicle as it was being delivered almost three weeks ago. I called them today and I was informed by my sales contact that it needed "a lot of work done (with less than 4k miles on it!) and they would only sell it for much more" after I signed a purchase agreement and offered to place a deposit down. I was told today that the general manager would be informed about this and they would see what they could do. I should have been kept in the loop as soon as the car arrived as to what the issues were as opposed to having to chase the sales department down. The car is still under warranty, all the issues should be fixed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
UPDATE - The general manager is supposed to be calling me at some point, but sales insists they refuse to sell it at the agreed upon price because of an initial "pricing error." This is, of course, ridiculous - the deal took a day to put together and had multiple eyes on it including management before I signed the purchase agreement and received the bill of sale. I'll keep you updated as to whether or not they do the right thing. I've bought and sold many cars, but never been treated like this over such a small amount of money.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Wow. That's not good news. You should have that beauty in your hands by now. I guess they made a "pricing error" if their price was not at about $70K. They paid $66K ($62.5K plus 5% fees) for the car in BAT. In any case, no sense to tell you this now, after more than 2 weeks of the fact. Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
For those following the saga on the (ZARFAMEV7K7614868) NRING #26 at Alfa Romeo Marietta, I was just sent a "revised" bill of sale following the executed purchase agreement to purchase the car almost 3 weeks ago. I was never told that the car arrived, after executing (signing) the agreement and tendering my credit card information for the deposit the day we made the deal. The car was then marked SOLD on their website and taken off the market. Apparently, upon arrival, the dealership determined there was work to be done on the car (it's under warranty), and they are now refusing to sell me the vehicle for the agreed upon price. Meanwhile, as many of you followed the BaT auction and can attest, none of these supposed issues were flagged or visible. Even more telling, the General Manager has STILL failed to even email me regarding this. I'll be exploring all remedies available to me under the law.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts