Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our popular MADNESS Alfa Romeo Giulia lower springs are now available for the Quadrifoglio!

These are our exclusive springs and installing them will drop the car about one inch (1") over stock, improve the handling, and enhance the stance of the vehicle!

Spring Rates:
Front: 377 lbs / in
Rear: 434 lbs / in

Direct Product Link:
https://madnessautoworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=7344

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,773 Posts
The red is a nice touch.

·
Vendor
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
619 Posts
do you have a photo of a car w/ springs? How do the spring rates compare to the other products? is this a constant rate spring or a progressive? I think it looks like the former but wanted to ask nonetheless?

describe the effort required to swap springs? hours/$$

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Love the color BUT.....

Lower it. It will be chewing asphalt. I was looking at lifting the front end a bit which I guess would mean raising the rear also to keep the same line. I am curious what Ferraripete and some of the others with more mechanical knowledge have to say but Alfa USA told me that if I raise the car with the springs there were other things that would have to be done that were material. Also, since they did not have a design change from 2017 to 2018 according to them, you would compromise your warranty if a collateral result occurred. Everything is covered for the first year so if it cause some excessive wear etc. you would void that.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,930 Posts
Lower it. It will be chewing asphalt. I was looking at lifting the front end a bit which I guess would mean raising the rear also to keep the same line. I am curious what Ferraripete and some of the others with more mechanical knowledge have to say but Alfa USA told me that if I raise the car with the springs there were other things that would have to be done that were material. Also, since they did not have a design change from 2017 to 2018 according to them, you would compromise your warranty if a collateral result occurred. Everything is covered for the first year so if it cause some excessive wear etc. you would void that.
Even this guy has variable height suspension >:)

More seriously, it depends on where and how you drive your Giulia.

·
Vendor
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do you have a photo of a car w/ springs? How do the spring rates compare to the other products? is this a constant rate spring or a progressive? I think it looks like the former but wanted to ask nonetheless?

Thank you.

For reference, that is our shop Giulia lowered on the springs and sitting on custom 20" Vossen wheels.

For a non-quad;

The front springs are linear at 216lbs/in
The rear is progressive 245-320lbs/in

and for a quad;
Both front and rear are linear.

front is 337lbs/in
rear is 434lbs/in

They have also passed the rigorous German TUV approval process.

Lowering a car on springs typically takes a couple of hours but that will vary from shop to shop and that does not include an alignment. Any time you change suspension parts or geometry you should also have an alignment done and that will add another couple hours (again this varies greatly from shop to shop).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Madness Springs

Thank you.
Pic attached! Took 2 guys around 4 hours for me to get them installed.

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pic attached! Took 2 guys around 4 hours for me to get them installed.
Looks great. Once the springs settle it will sit even lower!

four hours is about right but make sure you get an alignment afterward and anytime you change something in the suspension.

·
Vendor
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Improve the handling performance and stance of your Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio with the MADNESS Lowering Springs!

The new Quadrifoglios sit a bit high for our taste. That is where the MADNESS Springs come in.

Once installed these springs will lower your Quadrifoglio ~1" from stock giving your car a lower center of gravity and improving its cornering characteristics!

More information can be found on our website

https://madnessautoworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=7344

Let us know if you have any questions

1 - 10 of 10 Posts