Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Not to beat a dead horse

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  JerryNY 
#1 ·
I know the '17 will not be getting AA or ACP, so I asked my dealer if I can put the brain of a '18 in my '17 but I never got an response. Dose anyone know if this would work or are they too dissimilar?

#2 ·
Anything is possible with enough money, of course, but I’m unaware of anyone who has done it. User Paolocorpo was exploring the possibility in Italy, and aside from saying it would be pricey, has posted no updates on the project that I know of.

#5 · (Edited)
The harness is the same. The infotainment brain under drivers side dash area(near feet), and usb hub in central console would have to be changed. Probably the hardest part of the process would be having the dealer flash the acp/AA software to the 2017, unless you have a friend at the dealer. It will also cost you about $2000 in parts.

**** even if you had the parts needed and a friend at the dealership, they couldn’t load the software at this point. Apparently the dealers don’t have a way of loading the needed software at dealership, but Alfa program some cars at the ports as they came in.

#7 · (Edited)
I think if you really must have ACP or AA and you have a 17” your best bet will be trading it in for a 2018, or 2019 which aren’t far off at this point. I hate to say it but it’s going be a nightmare to do unsupported upgrades like that. I waited specifically for ACP because I knew I wanted in in the car and told my dealer in no uncertain terms I would not be taking delivery of the car if it wasn’t preinstalled.

It may seem silly to to some to really want ACP on a machine like the QV but I use Apple maps a lot and ACP negates many of the outdated aspects of the standard infotainment system for me. That and Apple is going to keep working on and make improvements to ACP over the years while almost any cutting edge infotainment system in any car from any manufacturer is likely frozen in time; they have incentive to not actually update old firmware for a vehicle to incentivize you to purchase a new vehicle. Apple has no such compunction they just want you buying and using iPhones in whatever vehicle you buy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.