Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on the forum for a few weeks now (ever since I put my deposit down) but today is the day! Picking up my loaded Ti Sport at 3PM (Vulcano Black, Red Calipers, Red Leather). I know this is not likely to be a trouble-free experience but I'm as excited as the day my Dad taught me to drive his '72 Spider (pretty cool car to learn to drive in). That was 44 years ago (yeah I'm an old guy!). My fingers are crossed that my enthusiasm holds up through some of the inevitable glitches -- but that Spider spent half its time in the shop (still remember the mechanic....his name was Luigi...seriously!) and I still have wonderful memories of the whole crazy experience.

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Good luck. The good far out weighs the bad.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Welcome a2alfaguy!

Great color combo! Be positive! This is not your father's Afla! :D

Reactions: a2alfaguy

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
Welcome, and you will truly will enjoy driving your car every day!

·
Registered
187 Posts
planning planning ... committed, now the walk the red carpet time! Road could be bumpy but i am sure will be full of emotion and happiness :) Congratulations !

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Actually, it's more likely it WILL be a trouble-free experience. The vast majority (at least in here which has a lot of members) are that the cars are very reliable. I've had no trouble with mine and I've been using it as my daily driver for the past 6 months through winter snow, ice and rain. Even if it wasn't an Alfa, these are great cars. The fact they are Alfa's just makes it even better.

Every relationship has it's ups and downs, but the truly great ones are worth it. The Giulia is worth it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
new 'old' Alfa owner!

I just picked my dream car after a long 25-year wait: a 2017 white Giulia with red interior and sport interior/exterior packages. I have owned two 164s, a Milano, an Alfetta and a GTV6 Maratona (plus several fiats and a maserati). But I already love my Giulia like no other.....despite it's quirks (they go with the territory, don't they?). I am happy to once again be a part of the Alfa community!

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,373 Posts
Ann Arbor probably rivals Auburn Hills for Alfa Romeos per capita.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I've been on the forum for a few weeks now (ever since I put my deposit down) but today is the day! Picking up my loaded Ti Sport at 3PM (Vulcano Black, Red Calipers, Red Leather). I know this is not likely to be a trouble-free experience but I'm as excited as the day my Dad taught me to drive his '72 Spider (pretty cool car to learn to drive in). That was 44 years ago (yeah I'm an old guy!). My fingers are crossed that my enthusiasm holds up through some of the inevitable glitches -- but that Spider spent half its time in the shop (still remember the mechanic....his name was Luigi...seriously!) and I still have wonderful memories of the whole crazy experience.

Wish me luck!
Welcome :smile2:
Good Luck (soon to be Congrats :grin2: )

Our new Giulia purchase was easy-peasy. We special ordered ours and the four month wait was ... interesting ... Then the day came that we got the call, signed a few papers, threw some money at them and drove away. Easy peasy, fresh and squeezy.

Pics are always welcome here.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Congratulations !
We have similar packages (sport inside and out) but differ in other aspects. This is such a great car that you will enjoy day in and day out :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So....I picked up the car, drove it for about 40 miles on some good twisties. Wow Wow Wow Wow. I don't even know what to say. What an amazing car. Will post more later but thought you might like to see some pictures of the new car. (I like the red stitching on the black leather dash...pretty slick!)

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
So....I picked up the car, drove it for about 40 miles on some good twisties. Wow Wow Wow Wow. I don't even know what to say. What an amazing car. Will post more later but thought you might like to see some pictures of the new car. (I like the red stitching on the black leather dash...pretty slick!)
Beautiful!! I just returned from a 350+ mile business trip in mine. You're going to love it more and more as you drive it more. Congrats.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts

Congrats :grin2:

Beautiful car! And she is great in the twisties!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts