Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joined after lurking long enough.
Hopefully I can get more insight to this headturner of mine.
Picked up a base last month and just starting to get comfortable with it after breaking her in.
Based out of northern/central California.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome

I'm here in Sac and trying to finalize my purchase in the next few months.

I saw a white Guilia Ti on 80 a few weeks ago.. it was stunning.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
Picked up a base last month and just starting to get comfortable with it after breaking her in.
Where did you buy your car? I placed an order with Niello Alfa/Maserati in Sacramento. After a lot of messing around they told me today that they do not plan to participate in the FCA affiliates discount program:frown2:. I don't know much about them except:

1) They had a better stock of cars than SF Bay area dealers.
2) They appear to have properly prepared the car for my test drive. Incomplete PDI seems to be a significant source of complaints about Alfa Romeo quality.

They seem to have sold the car that I test drove (2017 Black Ti Q4 with red interior and almost every option).

My ordered car has not arrived yet. I usually drive late at night in order to avoid the horrific Silicon Valley traffic, so you probably won't spot my car on the road.

I've noticed Steven's Creek Alfa/Maserati now has no Alfas on display. Maybe they sold out? Maybe Maserati's are selling better?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome! San Jose here, waiting for my QV. Email from dealer said it was Shipped to Body Vendor Oct. 11. Hopefully it will not be a much longer wait.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Where did you buy your car? I placed an order with Niello Alfa/Maserati in Sacramento. After a lot of messing around they told me today that they do not plan to participate in the FCA affiliates discount program:frown2:.

Wait.. what? Why would this make any logical business sense? What was their reasoning?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome! I'm in the Tri-City area with a black QV. So far I've only seen one other Giulia on the road, a white base on 880 near Milpitas.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Competizione Tri-Coat Ti Q4 in Lafayette. I have seen 2 others here in my town...a grey base and a Rosso...both filthy dirty. Makes me sad to see that!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Where did you buy your car? I placed an order with Niello Alfa/Maserati in Sacramento. After a lot of messing around they told me today that they do not plan to participate in the FCA affiliates discount program
. I don't know much about them except:

1) They had a better stock of cars than SF Bay area dealers.
2) They appear to have properly prepared the car for my test drive. Incomplete PDI seems to be a significant source of complaints about Alfa Romeo quality.

They seem to have sold the car that I test drove (2017 Black Ti Q4 with red interior and almost every option).

My ordered car has not arrived yet. I usually drive late at night in order to avoid the horrific Silicon Valley traffic, so you probably won't spot my car on the road.

I've noticed Steven's Creek Alfa/Maserati now has no Alfas on display. Maybe they sold out? Maybe Maserati's are selling better?

Thanks.i rather not say as it was the worst car buying experience ever.
I've bought many cars and this was bad.
I literally sold myself the car.
It wasn't ready upon delivery and when I got it delivered the bumper was scratched and the worst part was they did a shoddy job to try and hide it.
Oh well.lucky me its low.
Anyways the car is a blast to drive,just hit 1700 miles. After owning it a month and a week.
My only downside to this car is the stares I get. Lol. Everyone is trying to figure out what it is or how great it looks. A few haters here and there. But no car is appreciated by all.

Now that I think about it I'll share the dealer since maybe it'll help avoid a bad experience for others but they're the only one in Berkeley.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The minute I brought her home I cleaned the bodywork and sealed it in ultracoat followed by a couple of butter wax.
I will say this,Alfa is definitely putting a lot of hands on at the factory after the car is panted. Very smooth and the Alfa white is nice and bright with practically zero orange peel.Fairly decent Mills on the paint.
I only drive mine into Livermore on Fridays.
My daily is a 6 speed and the Altamonte isn't 6 speed friendly with our wonderful cal trans sponsored roads

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
Wait.. what? Why would this make any logical business sense? What was their reasoning?
I don't know. They claim to not sell enough cars to make it worth filing the paperwork or something to that effect. They seem to sell about as many AR cars as all of the SF Bay area dealers combined, so I find the volume argument a little hard to follow. They certainly would be a lot more likely to get a bunch of referrals from me if they did participate.

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
The minute I brought her home I cleaned the bodywork and sealed it in ultracoat followed by a couple of butter wax.
I will say this,Alfa is definitely putting a lot of hands on at the factory after the car is panted. Very smooth and the Alfa white is nice and bright with practically zero orange peel.Fairly decent Mills on the paint.
I only drive mine into Livermore on Fridays.
My daily is a 6 speed and the Altamonte isn't 6 speed friendly with our wonderful cal trans sponsored roads
You might see me on the Altamont late night on Friday. However I won't be driving Giulia until I actually get her. ETA is sometime in December. I currently drive a 5 speed manual which I don't find too bad in the traffic at least after 9PM.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I used to hit the Altamonte that late.it was a breeze.
But now ,on Fridays ,it's getting bad with any little hiccup. The chain reaction is immense in a matter of seconds.
Luckily I don't commute from Hayward anymore so that's nice not having to worry about 880 plusthe Dublin grade.
I'm glad I hit the Altamonte early though. Right as the traffic starts to accumulate.

·
Registered
21 Posts
purchased my TI in June 2017. Originally test drove at Stevens Creek but they didn't have the color and options that i wanted. No offer from them to search other dealers so I went on line and found one in Walnut Creek. Emailed them and finally decided to drive up and make a deal ( I live in San Jose). Well ,7500 miles later I love this vehicle. I travel to Santa Cruz 4-5 times/week ( golf) and except for the nut drivers out there, what a pleasurable drive. Am averaging 30mpg , plenty of power and it handles the curves really well. Funny but I never heard another word from Walnut Creek after buying from them. You would think there would be a followup call or email .

·
Registered
122 Posts
purchased my TI in June 2017. Originally test drove at Stevens Creek but they didn't have the color and options that i wanted. No offer from them to search other dealers so I went on line and found one in Walnut Creek. Emailed them and finally decided to drive up and make a deal ( I live in San Jose). Well ,7500 miles later I love this vehicle. I travel to Santa Cruz 4-5 times/week ( golf) and except for the nut drivers out there, what a pleasurable drive. Am averaging 30mpg , plenty of power and it handles the curves really well. Funny but I never heard another word from Walnut Creek after buying from them. You would think there would be a followup call or email .
Can you get your clubs in the trunk without folding down the back seat?

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
In a different thread the conclusion was that Walnut Creek has the best service department in the Bay Area.

Steven's Creek is apparently competent at doing the work, but the front desk is not so good (maybe things have changed?--broken appointments, lack of notification when the car is done--that sort of thing--it is probably just 1 person causing all of the issues).

Mostly good stuff said about the SF dealer, but then you have to brave driving in SF.

For the other SF bay area dealers there is not so much good stuff to be said.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah I used to hit the Altamonte that late.it was a breeze.
But now ,on Fridays ,it's getting bad with any little hiccup. The chain reaction is immense in a matter of seconds.
Luckily I don't commute from Hayward anymore so that's nice not having to worry about 880 plusthe Dublin grade.
I'm glad I hit the Altamonte early though. Right as the traffic starts to accumulate.

Oh the Altamonte, I spent many of nights cursing myself and everyone else on that **** pass when taking 680 back to Sacramento was "worse". I don't miss that super commute at all.

Lockem. I noticed the White QV they (Niello Alfa) have had for about 2 months is 6K down from the price they offered it to me when they got it. It's slightly used has less than 1500 miles on it but im waiting. I had a good experience with that dealer all around. Still contemplating the Misano blue but the white is growing on me.

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
Oh the Altamonte, I spent many of nights cursing myself and everyone else on that **** pass when taking 680 back to Sacramento was "worse". I don't miss that super commute at all.
At least they finally repaved the west bound lanes. For a while it was really bad. The pavement work is not Caltrans' best. Although they rebuilt the east bound lanes last winter did a number on the work and it is already covered with patched pot holes. Any other road adds 30 minutes to my weekly drive (each way), so I don't have a decent alternative. Grant Line Road can be faster when the freeway gets really backed up.

FWIW: Altamont in the SF Bay area does not have any "E" in it. Altamonte is in Florida.

Lockem. I noticed the White QV they (Niello Alfa) have had for about 2 months is 6K down from the price they offered it to me when they got it. It's slightly used has less than 1500 miles on it but im waiting. I had a good experience with that dealer all around. Still contemplating the Misano blue but the white is growing on me.
I wasn't looking for a QV so I didn't notice that they had one. Did they ever sell their Ferrari 599? I suspect it was due for some expensive maintenance as the price was very "reasonable" ($36k?). It doesn't seem to be listed anymore.

Their new inventory currently shows 33 Giulia including 2 QVs, plus 15 Stelvio and 2 4Cs. Most of their 2 liter machines have minimal options. I see a 4C and the white QV in their used inventory. The Black Ti Q4 with sport and just about every option that I test drove is not listed and presumably sold. If that car had been a more reasonable color I might have bought it despite the sunroof. Perhaps better that I didn't now that their is a general warning out (all brands) about the safety of panoramic sunroofs. Anyway, it seems that the well optioned cars sell quickly.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)
Congrats :grin2:

Los Angeles here.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts