Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do one or both of the outside mirrors tilt when the car is put in reverse? When I picked it up today the dealer said it did but I cannot get it work. I read the manual but did not see if either one can tilt down when in reverse. My apologies if I missed a thread that already answered it.
Thanks, John

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yep, not a feature - and as Mr.Megadeth does, I do the same - setting 1 for wife, setting 3 for me, and setting 2 is for the mirror tilting down.
Me also...setting three for mirror tilt. Have to be careful though because if you forget to flip back to your regular setting after you've stopped reversing, you cannot select the regular setting while moving (as I've done numerous times) so you have to adjust it manually.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, thank you for confirming it is not a feature. An odd omission I think.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Hey Hey...your driver's seat slides back & forth for entry....what you want everything:grin2:
Well...it is a features I had on every vehicle for 15 years! But I have never owned an Italian car until today!
Funny thing is my other FCA vehicle - 2017 Pacifica does this except it is both mirrors only - cannot select just one. Both or none!

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
May I please ask another dumb one?

What is the Q4 badge on the back mean? My wife said "Hey you went from a Q3 (Audi) to a Q4." And I did not have a good explanation....:nerd:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nope not a feature. What I do is set memory 3 to the same as memory 1 but with the mirror tilted. That way I can flip between quickly.
Was just experimenting with this today! Thanks for the tip, didn't think of using one of the settings, nice one.

·
Registered
658 Posts
May I please ask another dumb one?

What is the Q4 badge on the back mean? My wife said "Hey you went from a Q3 (Audi) to a Q4." And I did not have a good explanation....:nerd:
MacGeek posted a good explanation that is part of an entire thread about the Q2 & Q4 badges.
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/160962-post3.html

For the Giulia I read it as Q4 is the AWD and Q2 are the RWD ones with the machanical limited slip diff.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Well...it is a features I had on every vehicle for 15 years! But I have never owned an Italian car until today!
Funny thing is my other FCA vehicle - 2017 Pacifica does this except it is both mirrors only - cannot select just one. Both or none!
I know just busting your cipollini:grin2: this is one of those "quirky" italian car things I guess....
Q4 refers to the AWD Q2 Rear wheel....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MacGeek posted a good explanation that is part of an entire thread about the Q2 & Q4 badges.
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/160962-post3.html

For the Giulia I read it as Q4 is the AWD and Q2 are the RWD ones with the machanical limited slip diff.
Thanks for the link: Q was stylized as a cloverleaf, so it meant Quadrifoglio 4, even though the official name is just Q4
But my engine isn't a Quadrifoglio, right? And Quadrifoglio means 4 leaf clover even if mine sadly doesn't have on the front fender...maybe some day.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think it's worse the dealer told you it was a feature, than it actually not being a feature.
Nah, I would prefer to have it - love to use the tilt for the right side mirror when backing into a parking space.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Many manufacturers use the Q, Audi, BMW, Maserati. It is odd, wonder why?

·
Registered
57 Posts
You giulia is an Italian designed driving machine that is intended to driven and enjoyed. You will not be getting cup holders that can hold drive through American buckets of sugary syrup and ice? This is an Italian car. You are supposed to drive to a cafe, park it outside and then drink proper espresso at a table, like all civilized Europeans do, whilst looking at the car and thinking how beautiful it is. (The only sugars in drinks should be from grapes or grains and properly fermented).

As standard you will not be getting a 36 speaker infotainment system with touchscreen and blingy lights No, this is not what the Italian design team wanted, you will get what they wanted - a carbonfibre drive shaft, ZF transmission.

Parking aids? OK Alfa put them on the car but grudgingly - you don't need parking aids really, you are beyond that, you are a car connoisseur, of course you can drive backwards with a degree of precision. (Have you noticed the D mode has more aggressive throttle response in reverse as well, this is because the car is Italian, if you want D mode then you get it in reverse as well as forwards OK).

The way the alarm setting beeps can't be disabled? Why would you want them to be turned off? If you wanted a subtle car you wouldn't be driving something Italian, fast and beautiful.

You have to accept the logic, (or lack of it maybe), or you will go a bit mad. In fact they say that having an alfa is much like having a very beautiful but slightly mad wife.

Take the car out on some nice twisty roads, give it some beans, to **** with the luxury crap.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts