Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a very well loaded Ti Sport last July thinking it was just missing the HK stereo. When I picked it up I realized it didn't have the LSD package as I assumed(yeah, Iknow) the the Sport package I had included that. I almost cancelled the deal but the car was so awesome looking I couldn't. My question is, am I really missing something without it. The Q2 I test drove had it and it was great. When I'm driving mine I don't even think about it. I have never pushed the car to the limit since roads around here always have traffic.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
@alfa55,
I would say, that if you never really push the car to the limits of adhesion under acceleration, you will not miss the LSD performance. In your car, if a gross loss of traction occurs, the AWD will intervene, the front wheels will become driven, and Giulia will go where you point her. The LSD delays the point of (RWD) loss of traction, and keeps the car in RWD longer, before loss of traction might occur.

Reactions: alfa55

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would miss the suspension setting more I guess. With the P7 run flats it's easy to break them loose.

·
Registered
876 Posts
since i left my car for repair at dealer which is rwd ti, and got awd version which is fully loaded and has adaptive suspension and lsd. let me tell you the difference is really noticable even driving on exit ramps on higways, it has much less body roll, probably even less than mine with aftermarket springs (which i thought made the car much more stable and stiff) still cant compare it adaptive suspension.. acceleration is totaly different too. my next giulia will deffinatly have lsd option lol

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I haven't been pining for it on the track, I'm not sure what the difference would be to be honest myself. I got a bit tired towards the end of the day on one of my events, lost a bit of concentration and the AWD corrected my mistake. Sure it's cool but the car is amazing without it too.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I too have a q4 with 19 in wheels, sport seats and NO LSD or active sispension. When i get it i asked about the option and was told with a start face that it would be a very unusual custom set up as adding lsd to awd was challenging. At that time the wait was three months. I gave in and took the car on the lot. Love my car and find it to be predictable and fun on the track. I intend never to drive a lsd car so as never to know what I'm missing. Seriously.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.