Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question guys! I have 2018 Giulia Sport with the 18in Pirelli Cinturato P7’s Run flat! The drive is very comfortable and pretty quiet but I’ve noticed that they are very noisy when turning the wheels inside a parking garage or any soft type of floor.

Is this due to them being run flats?

·
Registered
537 Posts
You’re likely just not used to the tire, those are a pretty soft compound, they will make some noise because of that.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
It’s likely the same issue identified early on, which is the wheel angles at or near full lock cause scrubbing and noise during low speed maneuvers. Normal function, not tire (type) related.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ I'm aware of the scrubbing noise done while fully turning the wheel! The noise I'm referring to is the screeching noise the tires make sometimes while making tight turns going up a parking garage. I figured it was due to them being run flats, soft tires.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
That noise is probably caused by the surface of the garage floor causing the tires to slip a bit.

Reactions: TiSpdDmn and Max

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That noise is probably caused by the surface of the garage floor causing the tires to slip a bit.
That’s what I thought too.. I was just curious as to why only my car does it. It doesn’t happen on my fiancées Lexus or any other cars! Lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
I asked about it at the dealer and I was given a handout from Alfa saying that these noises are primarily due to the steering geometry as discussed here multiple times. The Ackermann angle is the root source of the noise but the document also indicated that it is also dependent on Temperature, the Road Surface, and the type of tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts