Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Giulia, and with the info came a free subscription of XM radio. I have the 8.8" without navigation, and cannot find the option to choose for XM radio.

If not available, I am super surprised that a 2017 entry luxury car of $45k has no XMradio option, while my 2005 VW Jetta had it standard. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Banned
264 Posts
Just got my Giulia, and with the info came a free subscription of XM radio. I have the 8.8" without navigation, and cannot find the option to choose for XM radio.

If not available, I am super surprised that a 2017 entry luxury car of $45k has no XMradio option, while my 2005 VW Jetta had it standard. Can anyone confirm this?
XM is a separate $350 option.....what do you listen to on XM?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Correct, it is not standard. I am not sure if it is possible to retrofit it onto the existing radio.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
probably the same with Pandora then. I guess I am going to look for other options. The 8.8" is nice, but ends up with little function when you have the standard radio

·
Registered
547 Posts
probably the same with Pandora then. I guess I am going to look for other options. The 8.8" is nice, but ends up with little function when you have the standard radio
Do you have the XM band as an option on the Infotainment unit? If so select it and tune to station zero. There you should find the XM serial number. Call XM and give them that serial number and subscribe to whatever package you want.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,194 Posts
Correct, it is not standard. I am not sure if it is possible to retrofit it onto the existing radio.
More correctly:

It is a $350 option on a base Giulia.
It is standard on a Ti Giulia.
I didn't check QV, but assume it is standard on that model as well.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have the XM band as an option on the Infotainment unit? If so select it and tune to station zero. There you should find the XM serial number. Call XM and give them that serial number and subscribe to whatever package you want.
No, I cannot find it anywhere on the unit. Not sure I want to spend $350 for whatever is needed just for XM Radio, but I will give it a thought.

Thanks for replies!

·
Banned
264 Posts
No, I cannot find it anywhere on the unit. Not sure I want to spend $350 for whatever is needed just for XM Radio, but I will give it a thought.

Thanks for replies!
If all you listen to is music there are much better options than XM that is horribly compressed and sounds like crap.

·
Registered
547 Posts

Thanks for replies!
Well then it appears that it's a hardware issue, maybe. I know other vehicles of mine that was XM/Sirius ready/capable all had serial numbers at station zero and all I had to do was call them with that serial number to activate service. Needless to say in the US we are not happy at all with the NAV Infotainment system on the Giulia's. No CarPlay or Android Auto as promised. No real time traffic updates on the NAV as advertised. It's a total let down.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Needless to say in the US we are not happy at all with the NAV Infotainment system on the Giulia's. No CarPlay or Android Auto as promised. No real time traffic updates on the NAV as advertised. It's a total let down.
Please speak for yourself. Although not perfect, I have no problem with my infotainment system.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Please speak for yourself. Although not perfect, I have no problem with my infotainment system.
Oh excuse me when I was referring to we I meant me and the mouse in my pocket. Seriously... We does not include tadslc for the record.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts