Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
I wear a mask professionally at work. I sometimes do and sometimes don't wear one of these "decorative" masks shopping etc.,depending on the epidemic status locally. They are not perfect but they definitely do help. Just like washing hands and using sanitizer which remove most but not all germs on the skin. If you don't believe me just look at some people talking,coughing and sneezing in bright sunshine and you will note all the droplets coming out of their mouth ,which these masks help to control. How you guys in the states allowed the wearing of masks to be come a political (and by inference tribal and irrational) rather than discussed on a rational/lets do whatever we can to help our neighbours even if it isn't perfect level, I will never know. Now let's not get too derailed and get back to cars and fun stuff.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Calling someone unintelligent doesn’t valid your argument. Just like saying “leftish behavior”..it makes you look daft. “Typical right behavior..being all racist.” Same thing, these statements are generalizations because it’s easier to make things black and white. Life is a little more complex than that.

But if you must know my intelligence and I’m always looking for a good flex..

I have a B.Sc in Chemistry and a Master’s in Biochemistry. I work in research and development for a chemical company in the Midwest. I enjoy it and it pays the bills..but it doesn’t make me better than anyone else.
You think having a degree makes you smart? You literally believe everything CNN tells you without once questioning it. Degrees don’t mean intelligence. Just means you were able to memorize a topic well. I would assume most of us have degrees. I literally explained to you why your cloth mask would not work. It’s physically impossible to filter Covid out on an effective level as the filtration is not fine enough to catch a covid particle. Enjoy listening to your overlords for guidance the rest of your life.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I shouldn't even respond to this, yet here I go. You didn't even bother to read the CDC link, did you? There is a clear explanation supporting the recommendations as well as links to the actual research from the Journal of the American Medical Association, you know, those clowns who don't know shit about Medical stuff anyway.

So no, I did NOT post and quote an article that doesn't tell you why. It clearly does if you bothered to read it, which you won't because it doesn't fit your narrative. I'm with @JeFizz , I SAY GOOD DAY...
Wait, you yourself are a science deniers, as these scientists have objectively, factually proved to you why a mask doesn’t work, yet you come back with “science deniers”. How asinine. Lol. Come back when a mask filters 0.06 NM covid particle. Until then, enjoy your safety theaterics.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Enjoy your safety theaterics.
Please respect the thread title. And feel free to start a new thread if you wish to debate the efficacy of protective face coverings.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Please respect the thread title. And feel free to start a new thread if you wish to debate the efficacy of protective face coverings.
And preferably, on a more appropriate forum.

Reactions: Richardalfa

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,202 Posts
I wear a mask professionally at work. I sometimes do and sometimes don't wear one of these "decorative" masks shopping etc.,depending on the epidemic status locally. They are not perfect but they definitely do help. Just like washing hands and using sanitizer which remove most but not all germs on the skin. If you don't believe me just look at some people talking,coughing and sneezing in bright sunshine and you will note all the droplets coming out of their mouth ,which these masks help to control. How you guys in the states allowed the wearing of masks to be come a political (and by inference tribal and irrational) rather than discussed on a rational/lets do whatever we can to help our neighbours even if it isn't perfect level, I will never know. Now let's not get too derailed and get back to cars and fun stuff.
Yep, it's mine boggling to me too.

Reactions: Richardalfa

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Wait, you yourself are a science deniers, as these scientists have objectively, factually proved to you why a mask doesn’t work, yet you come back with “science deniers”. How asinine. Lol. Come back when a mask filters 0.06 NM covid particle. Until then, enjoy your safety theaterics.
You do realize covid particals dont transmit without traveling on something, like saliva, dust, skin particles, etc. And additionally the masks do well on particals smaller than .3 as well. Science...

·
Registered
595 Posts
In the spirit of the title of this thread, I'm gonna...

• drive the car, that this forum is all about
  • talk about the car I drive, which this forum is all about
  • refrain from crusading, compensating, projecting and other ego-sterbation techniques that make me rude, obnoxious, gloriously uninformed, a neo-help "all y'all" with my wactivism and my most generally douchie self
  • support others on this forum who drive the glorious car, talk about the car, help me revel in the car with my likes, questions and back an forth about the car
  • be a man enough to shut the f*ck up when I forget to refrain
  • hope others on this forum have a similar POV and when they don't, leave the retribution to the mods
Gawd, ain't this Guilia one heck of a car?!!

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say-no-more.

·
Registered
398 Posts
You think having a degree makes you smart? You literally believe everything CNN tells you without once questioning it. Degrees don’t mean intelligence. Just means you were able to memorize a topic well. I would assume most of us have degrees. I literally explained to you why your cloth mask would not work. It’s physically impossible to filter Covid out on an effective level as the filtration is not fine enough to catch a covid particle. Enjoy listening to your overlords for guidance the rest of your life.
God, I wish it was just memorization. The first couple years were a little bit of memorization but after that it's more problem solving. They can teach you the basics but you have to apply what you know and for many that is hard - I struggled. Even the labs were difficult. How do you measure intelligence? It sounds like you have tied intelligence to politics? You can explain to me how a cloth mask works but you don't have the credibility to back your statements (Research, testing, scientific articles, etc). You have also tied politics into the subject and have assumed my political affiliation all of which is a bit irrelevant. I listen to those who are experts, not those who think they are experts - whether they are republican, democratic, moderate, or believe in having the monarch back. You don't think 6 years of bio-life sciences would teach me the relative sizes of viruses, bacteria, or other single cell/multicell organisms? It doesn't make me an expert in masks. Have you thought that maybe masks do more than filtrate? Does it promote distance? Does it block physical droplets? Does COVID blow freely as single cells or does it travel on masses bigger than itself such and skin cells or water? If I had to take a guess that when you cough, it does not disperse into individual COVID viruses but rather clumps like most viruses or travels on a medium. Who's your overlord? Where do you get your information? Every news station does the same thing and I wouldn't rely on it for scientific information. It would be easy to say "you literally believe everything FOX tells you without once questioning it" but why would I assume? Does this add anything to my argument?

Being an expat I'm more of a BBC news kinda guy...but mainly for sport. I couldn't tell you what channel CNN is actually on.

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
398 Posts
PS. Officially done on the topic of masks, my intelligence/education, and the political spectrum. Not exactly sure how those all tied together but hey, it's 2020.

Do those who buy their Alfa gear get it from the official website? Prices seem slightly steep..

·
Registered
330 Posts
Being an expat I'm more of a BBC news kinda guy...but mainly for sport. I couldn't tell you what channel CNN is actually on.
My wife and I love the BBC website for international news. It covers so much that you will never see in the states.

It may seem odd if you have never heard of it, but The Christian Science Monitor is perhaps the best source of unbiased news in the US. I can’t recommend it enough.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #76 (Edited)
Maybe when you ask the others to do the same thing.
The message wasn’t directed specifically at you, but if it will make you happy, EVERYBODY please respect the thread title. Better?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sigh. The masks don't filter the virus, they filter the saliva and mucous droplets (aerosols) that carry the virus. The primary Covid 19 threat is not from individual free floating virus, but from aerosol droplets containing numerous copies of the virus.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Sigh. The masks don't filter the virus, they filter the saliva and mucous droplets (aerosols) that carry the virus. The primary Covid 19 threat is not from individual free floating virus, but from aerosol droplets containing numerous copies of the virus.
Kinda like fleas and plague?

61 - 78 of 78 Posts