Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
50 Posts
I have a few Alfa t-shirts (mostly with the 155DTM) that I wear and will happen to be in the car. An occasional tshirt its one thing. When you're dressed head to toe in it, or it totally encompasses your wardrobe.....

Thats how Ferrari makes money lol.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I purchased a couple of these and let me say they are like silk and high quality! bad thing is that they are super tight! made for small faces and they don't give you options for sizes. but they do look awesome! ive been thinking about taking off the bands around the ear and making my own with the front face.
I too got a few of the official Alfa ones and yes they nearly pull my ears off (Giulia owners have swollen heads knowing that they are cooler than everybody else). Heat the elastic straps with a hairdryer or the heat guns we bought to install our spoilers ( not too much) and stretch. Your ears will thank you .

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
145 Posts
Word of warning... the tight fitting masks that use synthetic material (e.g. neck gators) can actually be worse than not wearing a mask. The fine mesh pattern breaks up the droplets into finer floaty covid spreading goodness. Multi-layer cotton or medical droplet masks are recommended. Leave the N95 masks for the medical professionals.
Anything outside of n95 is purely for show does absolutely nothing to stop coronavirus. N95 is also not very effective. About 28-30% filtration. So he might as well wear something he enjoys

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Legit question

does anyone wear alfa Romeo gear while driving the car?
No, but I was wearing my red Alfa Romeo T-shirt when Mike Manley drove down our street in a 4C.

Reactions: Alfa Philly

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
396 Posts
Anything outside of n95 is purely for show does absolutely nothing to stop coronavirus. N95 is also not very effective. About 28-30% filtration. So he might as well wear something he enjoys
Here we go again...

“We are not defenseless against COVID-19,” said CDC Director Dr. Robert R. Redfield. “Cloth face coverings are one of the most powerful weapons we have to slow and stop the spread of the virus – particularly when used universally within a community setting. All Americans have a responsibility to protect themselves, their families, and their communities.”

·
Registered
394 Posts
Here we go again...

“We are not defenseless against COVID-19,” said CDC Director Dr. Robert R. Redfield. “Cloth face coverings are one of the most powerful weapons we have to slow and stop the spread of the virus – particularly when used universally within a community setting. All Americans have a responsibility to protect themselves, their families, and their communities.”
Haven't you heard? We don't take advice from people who are experts in their field...just those who think they know everything. Everyone's a scientist at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,190 Posts
Not sure you understand the purpose of the masks, and I'm not going to even go there as some people deny facts when presented with them. So I bid you good day... I SAY GOOD DAY.

Reactions: Emozine and wingler

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Please refer her to the thread title, thank you.

Reactions: Richardalfa

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not sure you understand the purpose of the masks, and I'm not going to even go there as some people deny facts when presented with them. So I bid you good day... I SAY GOOD DAY.
Oh, so you must have some other reasoning for wearing the mask right? Since it magically prevents you from catching coronavirus. Very intellectual. Please don’t call them “facts”. Delusion is a better word. Don’t ban me for calling you out either. Good day.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Here we go again...

Wait, so you’re reply is to quite an article that says how they help you without telling you why? Do you remember how the CDC and everyone else said not wear a mask early on, and then changed it when everyone was buying out the n95s anyway? Do you even understand the particle size of Covid-19 and the filtration capacity of your “cloth mask”? Lol. Don’t say “here we go again” and not make any factual/logical arguments.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Haven't you heard? We don't take advice from people who are experts in their field...just those who think they know everything. Everyone's a scientist at the moment.
Same experts who said to not wear masks in the beginning? Or how about all the doctors who highly advice against the masks? I guess those doctors don’t count? How about the fact that a surgical mask can’t filter anything below 0.3 NM and Covid is 0.06-0.125 NM? Guess that doesn’t matter. It’s done so much to stop the spread right? At least make an intellectual statement before sarcasm.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Fun fact...i come here to escape the nonsense that i have to deal with at work, the store, the news, my dad(lol) all day every day, and so if everyone wants to go ahead and leave the politics out it would be appreciated. If you are just incapable, it's fine and i respect you, but please don't post it in a thread specifically titled no political intent.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Same experts who said to not wear masks in the beginning? Or how about all the doctors who highly advice against the masks? I guess those doctors don’t count? How about the fact that a surgical mask can’t filter anything below 0.3 NM and Covid is 0.06-0.125 NM? Guess that doesn’t matter. It’s done so much to stop the spread right? At least make an intellectual statement before sarcasm.
You have to be trolling because this is a bit cringe worthy.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Anyway, back on track..

Did Alfa ever make shoes like BMW or Ferrari?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Fun fact...i come here to escape the nonsense that i have to deal with at work, the store, the news, my dad(lol) all day every day, and so if everyone wants to go ahead and leave the politics out it would be appreciated. If you are just incapable, it's fine and i respect you, but please don't post it in a thread specifically titled no political intent.
It’s not political. The mod gave a wrong suggestion and I simply corrected it and told him to let the man wear wha the wants. Of course, they will play victim and make me into the bad guy, typical leftist behavior. No surprise there

21 - 40 of 78 Posts