Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it strange how little chatter or hype there is for this car compared to the Abarth and the 4C.

Do you think its because its a 4-door sedan and thats why hype is lower?

Honestly, I was hoping the quadrifoglio would be a bit cheaper like in the 50K$ range, then it would give the 4C a run for its money in terms of which to purchase. But i guess they are covering their bases by having a car MSRP in the 50K range with the 4C, and one in the 75K msrp range with the quadrifoglio.

For 75k, you could get a used one year old 20K mileage Jaguar F-type R. How are the official Nurburgring times compare when looking at the quadrifoglio vs the F-type R?

Anyone know the production run of the Quadri? (I hope its not as low as the 4C in the U.S of 2500). I hope they mass produce them like they did the Abarth then have them selling used for half the MSRP 3 years later....

If I had to choose between the 4C and the Quadrifoglio with magically the price being the same, I might just have to let the Nurburgring times decide for me.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I understand that, but that is what Cadillac did and they got totally run over by the Germans. Regardless of how amazing the vehicle is, the brand itself just isn't worth it in the mind of most consumers.

·
Registered
277 Posts
No Cadillac priced on par or above. I said priced competitively.
Cadillac also has no performance chops. Alfa at least has heritage on their side. The car is aimed at people who remember Alfa Romeo in Formula 1 (engines) and their stunning performances in WTCC/DTM.

It's a much easier ask to get people to pony up for a performance rig vs BMW then it is for something regular.

The regular Giulia priced above the 328 is dead in the water, those consumers don't care about history, they care about what people will think.

The Giulia QV priced competitively with the M4 is for people who do care about history and don't care what people think... and they people they do care about can appreciate the Alfa vs the BMW.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Cadillac also has no performance chops. Alfa at least has heritage on their side. The car is aimed at people who remember Alfa Romeo in Formula 1 (engines) and their stunning performances in WTCC/DTM.

It's a much easier ask to get people to pony up for a performance rig vs BMW then it is for something regular.

The regular Giulia priced above the 328 is dead in the water, those consumers don't care about history, they care about what people will think.

The Giulia QV priced competitively with the M4 is for people who do care about history and don't care what people think... and they people they do care about can appreciate the Alfa vs the BMW.
Imho I think its priced better than the M4 and its an actual bargain if you compare laptimes to cost. Not sure about the Caddy CTSV/ATSV but those cars have horrendous MMI's

·
Registered
288 Posts
Lap times are just a way of assessing how fast and nimble the car is. They are informative for what they are. In stop and go traffic, those lap times aren't really going to be that enlightening though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.