Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was the first day of the Geneva Auto Show and many thought Alfa would reveal the coupe -- but nothing!

Is it not happening, or could an announcement/reveal still come later in the show?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Today was the first day of the Geneva Auto Show and many thought Alfa would reveal the coupe -- but nothing!

Is it not happening, or could an announcement/reveal still come later in the show?
6 month delay due to failed crash testing! :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
And, unfortunately, no fold down rear seats. Darn.

Reactions: mc3456

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
My two kids are small, but not thin enough to fit in the backseat of that...

Maybe the trunk. Well at least my son anyway...
You're thinking of a 2+2 or a two-door sedan.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
You want the rumble seat option then. Very rare, but old school for sure.
... Since the 4C has no trunk, save for the storage cubbie in front of the engine. :laugh:

A coupe should not be too hard to produce but I think the economics of demand say Sport Saloon car, that can cover all bases, and then crossover CUV. That is definitely where the demand is. Especially with the darn Road Hog psychology that has dominated ever since the SUV hit the scene. And note that the Stelvio, as awesome as it might be, does NOT have an active chin splitter. It's impossible and will NEVER perform (corner) as well as the Giulia QV.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
... Since the 4C has no trunk, save for the storage cubbie in front of the engine. :laugh:

A coupe should not be too hard to produce but I think the economics of demand say Sport Saloon car, that can cover all bases, and then crossover CUV. That is definitely where the demand is. Especially with the darn Road Hog psychology that has dominated ever since the SUV hit the scene. And note that the Stelvio, as awesome as it might be, does NOT have an active chin splitter. It's impossible and will NEVER perform (corner) as well as the Giulia QV.
I have always thought, and still do, that AR should use the Giulia platform and make as many variations as they can. Not unlike what Chevy did in the 60's with the Malibu. From one basic design, we get a four-door sedan, a two-door sedan (not a true coupe), a station wagon (shooting brake if you prefer) and a sport truck (think El Camino).

With a body redesign, the basic components can be used on a smaller car and we can get a true coupe, a 2+2 and a smaller sedan and perhaps, more small versions of the above. The main expense has already been spent. The additional sales are almost free at this point.

Me being me, I'd go for a ballsy track version of the smaller coupe. A real Quadrifoglio that's true to the moniker. I'm still disappointed that there wasn't and won't be a Quad version of the 4C.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I have always thought, and still do, that AR should use the Giulia platform and make as many variations as they can. Not unlike what Chevy did in the 60's with the Malibu. From one basic design, we get a four-door sedan, a two-door sedan (not a true coupe), a station wagon (shooting brake if you prefer) and a sport truck (think El Camino).

With a body redesign, the basic components can be used on a smaller car and we can get a true coupe, a 2+2 and a smaller sedan and perhaps, more small versions of the above. The main expense has already been spent. The additional sales are almost free at this point.

Me being me, I'd go for a ballsy track version of the smaller coupe. A real Quadrifoglio that's true to the moniker. I'm still disappointed that there wasn't and won't be a Quad version of the 4C.
Right! And isn't that funny... C in 4C stands for cilindro and reminds you of Otto "C" Competizione! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Giulia Coupe

There was an interview by an alfa official stating that there would not be a coupe, so no suprise here
I don't know anything for sure, but my educated guess is there will be nothing more to come from Alfa Romeo in the 'near future', until the new Giulia and Stelvio models sell more units in the USA. They returned here after 22 years with an exceptional product line, only to be completely ignored by the public. I believe someone here said they've only sold 8700 total vehicles in 2017? That is a miniature total for any car brand across a nation of 330 Million customers. I doubt Alfa Executives will spend another Euro to launch new coupes or convertibles, under these circumstances. An

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't know anything for sure, but my educated guess is there will be nothing more to come from Alfa Romeo in the 'near future', until the new Giulia and Stelvio models sell more units in the USA. They returned here after 22 years with an exceptional product line, only to be completely ignored by the public. I believe someone here said they've only sold 8700 total vehicles in 2017? That is a miniature total for any car brand across a nation of 330 Million customers. I doubt Alfa Executives will spend another Euro to launch new coupes or convertibles, under these circumstances. An
I don't think the U.S. dictates the market. As for this year America is only 10% of sales compared to Europe. AR knows that in order to get 40-50k annually they need 2-3 additional vehicles added to the range. 5 billion invested we can expect some sort of CUV/SUV, new giulietta 2019/20. Coupes will follow after they have a foundation.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts