Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from the UK and I've noticed there are no seat options on the configurator anymore, Carbon Seats do not appear anywhere.

Will give my local dealer a call on Monday but does anyone have any info on why this is?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm from the UK and I've noticed there are no seat options on the configurator anymore, Carbon Seats do not appear anywhere.

Will give my local dealer a call on Monday but does anyone have any info on why this is?
Factory orders are currently closed.

Plus the configurator does not have all options that can actually be put on.
For example there are colours that a dealer can order but are not on the configurator!

So If you want to spec one up, just ask a dealer, this info is coming from me, an Alfa salesman.

Carbon Seats do look so so good though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Factory orders are currently closed.

Plus the configurator does not have all options that can actually be put on.
For example there are colours that a dealer can order but are not on the configurator!

So If you want to spec one up, just ask a dealer, this info is coming from me, an Alfa salesman.

Carbon Seats do look so so good though.
Thanks Declan. Do you know why factory orders have closed?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yup, just opened up a new can of worms lol they both have their benefits, and they both look great when spec'd. Having said that, is it worth all that extra money? Probably not...but that's why they are options.
the Sparcos were absolutely worth the money for me. I find them way more comfortable plus they look infinitely better so that’s just the cherry on top.

·
Registered
56 Posts
the Sparcos were absolutely worth the money for me. I find them way more comfortable plus they look infinitely better so that’s just the cherry on top.
Don t know about the comfort comparison cause i never sat in the normal chairs, but absolutely agree 100% regarding the looks, they are one the best, if not THE best option to make the car an even more stunner visually then it already is, the SPARCO'S are just the icing on the cake (I think that's the right saying in English :LOL:!)

·
Registered
157 Posts
You’re not missing anything. CCB and sparco seats are money grabs. Zero benefits.
He is correct. The carbon roof and hood are money grabs. zero benefits. The v6tt is a money grab, zero benefits. The forged lightweight tecnico wheels are money grabs, zero benefits. lightweight carbon drive shaft is a money grabs, zero benefits! NRING edition paint job not a money grab!!!

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,901 Posts
You’re not missing anything. CCB and sparco seats are money grabs. Zero benefits.
Hmmm, since when would that stop Alfa from offering them? Maybe they are not selling well?

I wonder if the Sparcos (or any Giulia seat) meets the new rear impact seat strength requirement?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks Declan. Do you know why factory orders have closed?
Most likley a small update is coming, they do it every year, dealers often order a lot before it closes to avoid any stock shortage.
But really nobody knows, most likely I would guess there adding Wireless Apple car play, but that is a total guess.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The lack of Sparcos was a deal breaker for me, I love the comfort, looks and increased rear space, only reason I went from a 2 seater to a sedan was to take my 5 and 8 year olds on rides with me. At $3500, financed for 0% in my case , they were a no brainer. Aftermarket carbon sparcos or recaros with installation would cost much more. I can however, see how someone would skip and consider them a money grab, that is how I feel about the Carbon brakes, then again I am not tracking the car. I am sure the brakes have value to many people. To each his own, they are great cars regardless of options.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
The Carbon seats while they look beautiful and finish off the interior, the lack of lumbar support and adjustments compared to the standard seats which are super supportive and comfortable at the same time for sporty driving, made me skip the sparcos. So if you have back issues or need better support, try the Sparcos first before buying.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Carbion seats while they looks beautiful and finish off the interior, the lack of lumbar support and adjustments compared to the standard seats which are super supportive and comfortable at the same time for sporty driving, made me skip the sparcos. So if you have back issues or need better support, try the Sparcos first before buying.
I have back issues and for me the Sparcos are way more comfortable than the sport seats. We have the sport seats in our stelvio and It is night and day better in the Sparcos.

·
Vendor
3,538 Posts
I have back issues and for me the Sparcos are way more comfortable than the sport seats. We have the sport seats in our stelvio and It is night and day better in the Sparcos.
I am with you. When I can get my hands on some, I am swapping them out. I think the standard seats are uncomfortable and Sparcos are much better. Fit me better, like a glove. Even if I have to buy Sparco aftermarket. I prefer no lumbar and heat etc...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am with you. When I can get my hands on some, I am swapping them out. I think the standard seats are uncomfortable and Sparcos are much better. Fit me better, like a glove. Even if I have to buy Sparco aftermarket. I prefer no lumbar and heat etc...
Yepppp, actually the SPARCOS are the first seats in any sports car i owned, that DIDN'T hurt my back on a 6 hour drive from Amsterdam to Berlin that i frequently make... They look incredible and sit likewise

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,598 Posts
The lack of Sparcos was a deal breaker for me, I love the comfort, looks and increased rear space, only reason I went from a 2 seater to a sedan was to take my 5 and 8 year olds on rides with me. At $3500, financed for 0% in my case , they were a no brainer. Aftermarket carbon sparcos or recaros with installation would cost much more. I can however, see how someone would skip and consider them a money grab, that is how I feel about the Carbon brakes, then again I am not tracking the car. I am sure the brakes have value to many people. To each his own, they are great cars regardless of options.
I would love the increased rear space, but the heated seats are nice during the NY Winters

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Guilia Quadrifoglio, 2014 Porsche 911 4S, 2004 Subaru STI (608 WHP)
12 Posts
Love the Carbon Fi er Sparco seats. I was very surprised. I almost passed on the car because I was so worried about the Lombar support and comfort. I am in my 50s with quad disc fusion to my lower back.
Most comfortable seats EVER! I am really surprised. Even the wife likes them. I was floored!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts