Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased this car a few weeks ago, have not had too much time behind the wheel due my travel schedule. A few first impressions:

The Bad: - still cannot compete (neither can any of my other cars) with my Leaf in terms of instant acceleration massive torque in normal driving conditions. This car still has mild turbo lag (of which is annoying coming from an electric car). Steering is better than the current status quo, but definitely nothing compared to old school manual steering.

The good: - Love the styling and quite frankly like to support the underdog. We definitely need more diversity and competition in the U.S. market. I had the new Audi S5 sportback ordered for European delivery. Cancelled when I pulled into a gas station and noticed either a Ford or Kia that had the same look of the Audi. Then considered a new M3. Somehow came across the Quadrifoglio and visited the local dealer. No Quadrifoglio's to be found, just took delivery of a Giulia Q4 in stock. This will be my daily driver. For me has a good combination of decent mileage when needed and adequate performance for a daily driver. Love the paddles, this how paddles should be placed- in a fixed position. When they move with the steering wheel its hard to keep tract of which paddle to shift. Unlike manual tranmissions in which you don't have to look or think about shifting. If I have to go from 5th to 3rd I can do it instinctively without thinking. With paddles I have to thing about which gear I'm in and figure out how many clicks to go and which paddle to use. Hopefully with fixed paddles this will make it easier to use.
As you can see I like to tinker with cars. Waiting for springs and spacers to complete the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Purchased this car a few weeks ago, have not had too much time behind the wheel due my travel schedule. A few first impressions:

The Bad: - still cannot compete (neither can any of my other cars) with my Leaf in terms of instant acceleration massive torque in normal driving conditions. This car still has mild turbo lag (of which is annoying coming from an electric car). Steering is better than the current status quo, but definitely nothing compared to old school manual steering.

The good: - Love the styling and quite frankly like to support the underdog. We definitely need more diversity and competition in the U.S. market. I had the new Audi S5 sportback ordered for European delivery. Cancelled when I pulled into a gas station and noticed either a Ford or Kia that had the same look of the Audi. Then considered a new M3. Somehow came across the Quadrifoglio and visited the local dealer. No Quadrifoglio's to be found, just took delivery of a Giulia Q4 in stock. This will be my daily driver. For me has a good combination of decent mileage when needed and adequate performance for a daily driver. Love the paddles, this how paddles should be placed- in a fixed position. When they move with the steering wheel its hard to keep tract of which paddle to shift. Unlike manual tranmissions in which you don't have to look or think about shifting. If I have to go from 5th to 3rd I can do it instinctively without thinking. With paddles I have to thing about which gear I'm in and figure out how many clicks to go and which paddle to use. Hopefully with fixed paddles this will make it easier to use.
As you can see I like to tinker with cars. Waiting for springs and spacers to complete the look.
Thankfully this looks VERY different to the Leaf ... also it's interesting you are the first person I've seen mention the A5 Sportback, that was another car on my list but it's just not what I want in terms of the driving experience, nonetheless a nice car I think

·
Registered
226 Posts
Welcome 2020 and nice looking ride! Two questions: 1) alfa white or trofio? 2) how'd you do the black accents? very interested in this for my own Ti..

·
Registered
576 Posts

Buy and install the SprintBooster if you want to improve throttle response. Best $300 you will ever spend.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome 2020 and nice looking ride! Two questions: 1) alfa white or trofio? 2) how'd you do the black accents? very interested in this for my own Ti..
Thanks: I think the car is the standard white. The black accents are vinyl wrap- mirrors, side skirts, and front grill. I did them myself and if you look very closely you can tell its not a perfect professional job, but who cares. The nice thing about the wraps is that you can remove them. I would like to replace the mirror wraps with carbon fiber mirror covers once they come to market. I saw an official Alfa aftermarket catalog for Italy in which it showed that option. Hopefully it will come here soon.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Buy and install the SprintBooster if you want to improve throttle response. Best $300 you will ever spend.
I have the Pedal Booster and found it to be a little sensitive and the car feels "jerky" when acclerating under normal conditions. I probably have to play with the settings. I am assuming the SprintBooster works the same way.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Nice! What rear lip spoiler is that?

·
Registered
38 Posts

nice! tel US how you were able to light up the front grill?

·
Registered
103 Posts

Ur exterior mod looks so good. Are those just wrap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am debating about the S5 Sportback too... 73 HPs more and 0.3s faster for 0-60 miles.. The cost differential is around $5000 CAD with the added option on both cars.. Which one is better?? lol

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hmmm... I find it interesting that the carbon fibre key fob covers shown on that page are exactly the same as the ones that Madness Autoworks announced earlier today on this site:

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/8...romeo-giulia-carbon-fiber-key-fob-covers.html

The prices look roughly comparable: $149.95 USD vs. 130 British pounds (for the red one). So I wonder who is the *real* supplier for these things?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Waiting for springs and spacers to complete the look.
I would LOVE to do springs in my car but I am pretty darn sure I would put the lower front bumper chin in harm's way....too many high concrete wheel stops everywhere. :frown2:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am debating about the S5 Sportback too... 73 HPs more and 0.3s faster for 0-60 miles.. The cost differential is around $5000 CAD with the added option on both cars.. Which one is better?? lol
Yes, a lot more technology and better on paper. I personally would give that up for the intrigue of the "Redhead". No regrets so far.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts