Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody just picked up a QV in Alfa Rosso;
I have a few questions:

1. best break-in regimen is what
2. I see that start/stop function always defaults to ON:frown2:
3. dog in back seat sets off alarm when locked; any solutions
4. auto hi beams seem erratic/inconsistent and difficult to put and keep on manually
5. XPEL paint protectorant recommended or not?
6. Anybody see a DIY oil change instructions for this vehicle

Thank you; will post impressions after I have a chance to drive it past break-in

·
Registered
94 Posts
I really don't get it...even if it is for a minute way anyone would lock there dog in a car. In some states you can be arrested for cruelty to animals. for that!

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
I definitely do the Xpel treatment to the front end of the car at a minimum. The paint on the polyplastic front ends of these cars seems to be prone to rock chips.

Do not lock the dog in the car. No bueno. Alfa will void the warranty :eek:)

·
Registered
202 Posts
4. auto hi beams seem erratic/inconsistent and difficult to put and keep on manually
I have its the sensitivity set to the mid setting. Seems to work really well for me and is quite consistent actually.
To trigger it, you just push the blinker control forward, which changes the headlight icon in the instrument cluster to white/gray.
After that, it remains in auto hi beam mode.

Congratulations on your new car!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hi everybody just picked up a QV in Alfa Rosso;
I have a few questions:

2. I see that start/stop function always defaults to ON:frown2:
5. XPEL paint protectorant recommended or not?
6. Anybody see a DIY oil change instructions for this vehicle

Thank you; will post impressions after I have a chance to drive it past break-in
I never bothered with breaking in the car, I think it's programmed in as odd as that sounds.
See if there is a way to alter the alarm settings in the car settings menu. If not, the dealer can alter them for sure
See jamgolfs reply
Yes, definately
I think I've seen them on the site somewhere. Probably won't have to worry about it for a while, Alfa picks up the tab for the 1st oil change. I had mine done at 4,000 miles.

·
Registered
261 Posts

Don't Lock your Dog in the car.
Ditto that. In fact, don't allow your dog, or animals of any kind, to enter your beautiful car. It's too nice for that! A Giulia is NOT a Jeep Wrangler!

·
Registered
261 Posts
These cars are extremely well sorted, right off the lot. There's really not a lot that you need to do, or worry about during the "break in" period. However, I wondered about it, too, and asked my dealer for advice. He said:

"Take it easy for about 200 miles. Then from 200-1000 miles don't do long runs at full boost."

That was it. But I still had questions, especially after driving the car 105 mph on my way home after taking delivery, and pressed for more detail. The response:

" 'Take it easy' just means don't make a habit of banging the car off the rev limiter, and try to keep the revs down below 4500 rpm or so. By 'long runs in the boost' I mean log runs at full throttle (maintaining 105 mph won't use the full 35 psi of boost), uphill runs under load, drag racing, track days, etc. Shorts bursts are fine (and encouraged). All you want to stay away from is doing things that will build up a lot of heat."

Reactions: jamgolf

·
Registered
189 Posts
Actually, be gentle on brakes first 200 miles or so, unless in emergency, also i found the tires grip is very poor initial 500 miles, so be careful, they improve markedly after 1000 miles. In general i take it easy first 500-1000 miles (my opinion) Gradually add more spirited driving. Over 2K miles it should fully OK to go all out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for the advice!
And for those who worried about my dog, I can assure you that I would only leave him in the car for a brief time with the windows partially down. He is a Therapy Dog and I take him to my medical office and the hospital regularly. He is also very clean! CIAO!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts