Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've got 30K+ miles on the odometer now and have owned it for 2 years and 4 months. Its been to the dealer for regular maintenance only.
One other thing was a recent battery replacement under warranty, about 2 months ago.

Online reviews from self-proclaimed "auto journalists" should be taken with a grain of salt when it comes to their declarations about a vehicle's great or poor reliability. By definition, reliability can only be assessed after long term ownership/use and owners are in the best position to provide that information.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Owners are in the best position to provide that information if you have a sample size large enough. 25-50 people on the forum saying "I haven't had any problems with my Alfa" is pretty meaningless.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Owners are in the best position to provide that information if you have a sample size large enough. 25-50 people on the forum saying "I haven't had any problems with my Alfa" is pretty meaningless.
fair enough, then the same logic should apply to the Car Mag reviews from people who drove the car for what a day or two?....and the long term cars are not long term with one driver, they are part of a fleet that is passed around to different writers.
what is the def. of reliable??
Routine maintenance only~~never in the shop for anything else including recalls/TSB/RTT?
Routine maintenance~~and some non scheduled service including recalls/TSB/RTT?
see my point?, did early cars have issues? yup did all of them nope. were these issues that were addressed in MY18 & MY19 cars, Yes, most were, and perhaps some new ones popped up.
I've had my BMW leave me stuck on the side of the road and a few occasions. I would not call it unreliable.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Forums are also places where owners with problems share their bad experiences. I think we can agree that usually the bad news gets shared a lot more than "no news".
So, I would have to stick to what I am saying i.e. owners are in the best position to provide information about reliability. Obviously one individual sharing her/his positive or negative experience does not amount to much but the collective opinion does provide insight into trends and generally what a car's reliability might be.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2019 QV has just under 9K miles on it... And I'm still in love.
Reliability has been great. Dealer oil changes aren't cheap - but it comes with the brand in the US....

The research I did prior to ordering (much of the research was scouring these forums) revealed that like many new models, the introductory year (2017) had some quirks to work through. 2018 and 2019 generated a lot less "noise" on the forums. 2020s are so new that it's not clear if any internal modifications made any difference on reliability.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you stick with a late 18+ should be more reliable. 7 months, only 1 issue so far (battery drain overnight).

My previous 2 BMW's were rattle boxes, Alfa is way better built. My bro's 335i had 25k in repairs in 12 months.

Go for it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I’m so sick of this question. ??‍♂
It’s like fake news or a question from the 80s or 90s....it’s sooooo completely irrelevant these days. Love my Alfa and have zero regrets buying a first year, 2017ti sport. a couple of software updates and a fresh battery and that’s it. Never left me stranded or not working perfectly all the time. The wife’s 2018 navigator, $90k mind you, way more problems and little glitches (and it drives like a fricken oil tanker compared to the giulia (no turbo lag though and 450hp 510ft/lbs torque and that’s fun)).
Can’t wait to see what 2021 looks like as there should be some updates on the giulia and stelvio. Hopefully enough to get in to a 2021 from my 2017.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi everybody,

I'm new to the forum.
I'm looking more and more intensively at the possibility of buying an used low km Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio.

I would like to know the owners' opinion on reliability ... is it as bad as the reviewers suggest? because for the rest everyone seems unanimous it's an incredible car to drive! (I have read several sites on this subject, but no one seems to agree on the reliability)

Thank you in advance.

I'm from Canada.
I bought a used 18’ QV last July and haven’t had a single problem

21 - 32 of 32 Posts