Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put these on a month or so ago and am so happy with how it turned out. We're sporting a 19x9 and 10 setup with 245/35/19 and 285/30/19, just like the QV. I'll try to snap some more pics once I can sneak away from the kids and wife. They don't have these wheels published on a website as yet. I think one other person on the boards picked up a set as well and I look forward to seeing how his turned out. They have Matte Black, Gloss Dark Gunmetal, and Gloss Brilliant Silver. Wheels were $3000 shipped and are a true monoblock forged wheel. They are not "flow forged", "Flow formed", or "rotary forged". Those terms are so misleading it's not even funny. These are 6061 Aluminum that have been forged with a 10,000 TON press.

The wheels are only 20lbs each and was informed that they will clear the QV Carbon brakes. I'm running Michelin A/S 3+ tires and my whole combo weighs the same or less than the stock 18" wheels with the run flats.

I've also got Eibach springs on it but hope to meet with KW and get some V3's going. I don't feel the compression valving can handle the Eibachs but the rebound seems to be fine. I do love the way it looks now for a cheap quick lowering setup.

I also picked up this prototype splitter kit from them and I'm told people think I'm driving a QV. :grin2: If only.......

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is what I recorded when comparing the weights.

Weight comparison with tires
Stock 18x8 with 225/45 pirelli runflats were 50 lbs

New wheels
19x9 with 245/35/19 non runflat
45 lbs

19x10 with 285/30/19 non run flat
50lbs

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
I put these on a month or so ago and am so happy with how it turned out. We're sporting a 19x9 and 10 setup with 245/35/19 and 285/30/19, just like the QV. I'll try to snap some more pics once I can sneak away from the kids and wife. They don't have these wheels published on a website as yet. I think one other person on the boards picked up a set as well and I look forward to seeing how his turned out. They have Matte Black, Gloss Dark Gunmetal, and Gloss Brilliant Silver. Wheels were $3000 shipped and are a true monoblock forged wheel. They are not "flow forged", "Flow formed", or "rotary forged". Those terms are so misleading it's not even funny. These are 6061 Aluminum that have been forged with a 10,000 TON press.

The wheels are only 20lbs each and was informed that they will clear the QV Carbon brakes. I'm running Michelin A/S 3+ tires and my whole combo weighs the same or less than the stock 18" wheels with the run flats.

I've also got Eibach springs on it but hope to meet with KW and get some V3's going. I don't feel the compression valving can handle the Eibachs but the rebound seems to be fine. I do love the way it looks now for a cheap quick lowering setup.

I also picked up this prototype splitter kit from them and I'm told people think I'm driving a QV. :grin2: If only.......
im more instrested in that front lip and side skirts than wheels :eek:

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
Hmm, Tecnico wheels are available for less money (take-offs) and a little less weight.
My current POR is 19x8.5 Tecnicos (19.25 pounds claimed) with 245 35R19 non-runflat Michelin A/S 3+ (25 pounds claimed) compared with the OEM 5 holes (25.5 pounds) with Centurato run-flats (25 pounds) that should weigh about 50.5 pounds).

OTOH, 19x9s should fit 245 width tires better than 19x8.5s.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was about to make my own thread since I picked up the Aspira Forged wheels last weekend and I noticed someone had beat me to it!

I have the same setup as above 19x9 front and 19x10 rears with the same tires which were recommended by Motohaus USA. Same price as well. They told me it was a promo price! I got my tires at America's Tire and the guy that was working on my car said he was surprised at how light they were when he lifted them.

I had the 18 inch TI Sport rims and upgrading to the 19's didn't change the ride quality for me. I am still on stock suspension but that red Giulia above sure does look nice with the skirts and lowered. I see more money leaving me in the future lol!

Here are a few pics I took.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was about to make my own thread since I picked up the Aspira Forged wheels last weekend and I noticed someone had beat me to it!

I have the same setup as above 19x9 front and 19x10 rears with the same tires which were recommended by Motohaus USA. Same price as well. They told me it was a promo price! I got my tires at America's Tire and the guy that was working on my car said he was surprised at how light they were when he lifted them.

I had the 18 inch TI Sport rims and upgrading to the 19's didn't change the ride quality for me. I am still on stock suspension but that red Giulia above sure does look nice with the skirts and lowered. I see more money leaving me in the future lol!

Here are a few pics I took.

Looks great. Just need to lower it and you'll be all set.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BTW the splitter was found here. There's also some rear spats that go along the side of the rear bumper but there's no image of it on their website.

They used my car to snap these pics before I got the wheels installed in Norcal. This was the original version but I told them it stuck out a bit too far for my taste so I have a slightly shorter one on my car now which I believe is their final production piece. I still owe them pics of it so I'll get on that as soon as I can get the car back from my wife. Funny how these things happen. Husband buys car for himself as a post "over the hill/mid life crisis gift", wife then takes possession and gives me back my SUV to shuffle kids around fml.

I spoke to Nick over at MotoHaus yesterday and he indicated they are just working on obtaining the packaging materials for the splitter kit. I think they'll have that ready to go in a week or two.

http://www.shopmotohaus.com/product-p/adargv1sk.htm

·
Registered
61 Posts

Hey, sweet ride. I know it was a while ago but can I ask why you weren't happy with the Eibachs on their own?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts