Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Congrats on car. Drive it hard. Don’t baby it and it will reward you. If you need a real mechanic. Let me know. Please due your research and seek advice prior to any work on car. Will save you tons of money and aggravation. Thousands of disgruntled owners over Alfa service. Zero disgruntled over driving Alfa experience.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Congrats! Great spec. As already mentioned, drive it...hard! The more you use it as intended, the happier she will be. Stay on top of the maintenance (oil, plugs and belt when needed) and it will be a fantastic car.

One thing to be aware of, seems almost all 17 and 18's (mine included) will need a new fuel pump. If it's not already been replaced, be prepared for that. You will get some warning signs like a "long crank start" condition and then eventually a check engine light for low rail pressure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a fun ride, do you miss the manual from the Porsche at all?
Yes, its a great sports car and super fun to drive. A two seat, convertible roadster not very practical and it spent more time in garage than on road. Need something sporty with more room and more practical that I can drive more often so I went with QV?

·
Registered
'17 Giulia QV
1,417 Posts
Yes, its a great sports car and super fun to drive. A two seat, convertible roadster not very practical and it spent more time in garage than on road. Need something sporty with more room and more practical that I can drive more often so I went with QV?
You made an excellent choice. You still retained the great sports car and super fun to drive, just added more practicality, room, and uniqueness on the roads. Enjoy your QV!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

Previous 911 Turbo owner, and now 2021 QV.

Appears car has been slightly lowered (springs?). The 2018 had a higher factory ride height, therefore less front camber, which under hard cornering will consume tires. Suggest consider getting a camber correction kit or adjustable upper control arms if aggressive cornering is part of your driving style.

Like Porsche, the electronic software for the suspension is pretty good, but adding GTA software will tighten up the suspension for those aggressive drives.

If you are still on Pirellis switch to MPSS or PS4 for better over all performance and street driving.

The brake pads and braking system on early models lacked feel and had a low speed "grabbiness"...try R4S Porterfield or yellow EBC pads, it makes a noticeable difference.

Enjoy the very fast and nimble sport sedan and the grins it brings you.

Welcome!

·
Vendor
Alfa romeo 164S, Giulia QV CCM
4,632 Posts
Greetings. Just purchased a low mileage 2018 QV from a private party. My first Alfa. I'm coming from a Porsche. Any tips, comments or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the QV. View attachment 135372
Lovely! Welcome.

Tip: Get the extended warranty through Mopar if you plan to keep it. Did it just come off factory warranty?
Email me anytime if you have questions etc...

Ciao and welcome again! Trofeo is one of my favorites.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts