Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I got to sit in a Giulia and was amazed on how it felt and haven't even drove one yet. I am considering leasing a Ti Sport, or which package do I need to get the paddle shifters? Definitely going for AWD as I am in the Northeast US.

Do you think I can get one for around low $400's per month? I don't know if I need the Ti, but really want the paddle shifters and those sport seats. Not sure what the difference in packages are. If anyone can give me some info that would be great.

I think if I got the Ti Sport it would come with the "5 hole" wheels and Pirelli Cinturato all season run flats. This seems like it could end up hard on the wheels. Should I get a wheel warranty or are these strong (forged) wheels? Or do you recommend stepping down to the 18" for daily use. The 5 holes seem expensive:p

Do you think I will need to replace tires during my lease (36k miles)? I see the Cinturato has a 500 rating but also see complaints about it. Thank you for all of the help! btw the Misano blue is such an amazing color... *drool*

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
You can get paddles with a base Q4 with interior sport package, and sounds like you want the exterior sport package too. You could save some money by going for the base with these options. Would you order a car and wait or browse the car lots? Low 400s can happen but of course we don't know your credit, down payment views etc ...

All season run flats do everything poorly and nothing well, if you seriously care about the driving dynamics you want to get proper summer tires and proper winter tires, given the budget ...

Where in the northeast are you?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New Jersey. My credit was over 780 last time I checked but was looking to only pay drive offs with no cap reduction. I have plenty of time to look as I need to drive at least 6 different cars. I also am moving in July so won't make any sudden moves until after then. I do enjoy the driving dynamics but probably wouldn't take it anywhere to go 100%, most spirited I would be would be some back road carving.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Even in the high 4's....the car is cheap....and worth it !!!! >:)

Reactions: Azure

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I’m on the 19s w/ P7s here in MI, and I was concerned enough about it that I got the wheel/tire insurance from the dealer. Over the years, I’ve cracked or dented a mix of factory and aftermarket wheels in sizes from 15” up to 18”, so it is not a question of if, in my mind, but when.

If you can hold price to mid $40k by going AWD (Q4) base Giulia plus options, you can probably do it, but Ti Q4 will put you at $50k and over, which will be hard to get in low $400s monthly (although your credit is awesome!).

My tires seem to perform just fine at this point, one month in, and despite dashing around in snow, wet, and cold dry, they’ve not given me any frights, even when I might have hit the highway ramp with excessive gusto, or crested a fast hill into a sharp right hander at super-legal speeds. I’m neither a racer nor deft enough to drift around a turn on dry pavement, so for my more mundane style, the Cinturatos have been fine.

Reactions: Azure

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m on the 19s w/ P7s here in MI, and I was concerned enough about it that I got the wheel/tire insurance from the dealer. Over the years, I’ve cracked or dented a mix of factory and aftermarket wheels in sizes from 15” up to 18”, so it is not a question of if, in my mind, but when.

If you can hold price to mid $40k by going AWD (Q4) base Giulia plus options, you can probably do it, but Ti Q4 will put you at $50k and over, which will be hard to get in low $400s monthly (although your credit is awesome!).

My tires seem to perform just fine at this point, one month in, and despite dashing around in snow, wet, and cold dry, they’ve not given me any frights, even when I might have hit the highway ramp with excessive gusto, or crested a fast hill into a sharp right hander at super-legal speeds. I’m neither a racer nor deft enough to drift around a turn on dry pavement, so for my more mundane style, the Cinturatos have been fine.
how much did the insurance run you? Was it direct from the dealer or after market

·
Registered
187 Posts
Look like our garden state will have a new Alfa owner. There is a pdf out there for 2018 Giulia options, it is long spread sheet showing you what option can be had on what trim. I believe the 5 hole "bio hazard" style only avail TI and up. I felt the Giulia is meant for sport so get the paddle shifter and rest of things were good to have but not absolutely necessary imo. There is a long thread about leasing deal on this forum. Good luck !

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
how much did the insurance run you? Was it direct from the dealer or after market
It’s direct from dealer, called ROAD InTire, and covers damage to both wheel and tire by anything not supposed to be on the road, so debris and pothole damage is covered, but not curbing, for example. My cost is $795 for a 3 year policy.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Reactions: ybba

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Do you think you can get low 400's on a price of mid 40's with no money down? that seems very inexpensive.
I’m talking sticker price, not actual financed amount. So less incentives, trade-in, money down...it doesn’t seem unreasonable, but I’m far from financially savvy, so I could be wrong!

·
Registered
202 Posts
LOL my Quad lease is around $1200 and that was with $20K down... Blessings to all who can lease any Giulia with $400 payments...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/2017...s-336-68-including-tax-1400-drive-off/27551/7

I've been watching this website for deals similar to this that pop up. I know that was a few months ago but I can be patient, especially because last year I rushed into a car that I didn't want. Luckily only lost a few grand when I sold it. This one had a rebate over $3k. It only had a $41k msrp but would think something in the $400's would be likely. if it w as a fully loaded Ti sport I might go to 500

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
LOL my Quad lease is around $1200 and that was with $20K down... Blessings to all who can lease any Giulia with $400 payments...
I’m at $550/mo for 24mos lease w/ $2k down on a +$52k sticker priced Ti Sport Q4.

My dealer had a banner like this out on the street back in December or November:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
$407/mo here, with $2,300 down. :grin2:

MSRP 44k, sale price 38k

I should add that it's a 24 month lease, not sure if they still offer it.

·
Registered
647 Posts
You can get paddles with a base Q4 with interior sport package, and sounds like you want the exterior sport package too. You could save some money by going for the base with these options. Would you order a car and wait or browse the car lots? Low 400s can happen but of course we don't know your credit, down payment views etc ...

All season run flats do everything poorly and nothing well, if you seriously care about the driving dynamics you want to get proper summer tires and proper winter tires, given the budget ...

Where in the northeast are you?
If you want to lease and get out the door with a great Giulia (low price) but without all the extra packages added on to the TI models then I agree with Max and love my Base Q4 AWD with both exterior and interior sports packages. Mine came with the 8.8 screen w/HD FM (great) and Sirius XM which I rarely use. Gives me 18" wheels with all black exterior trim, leather black and chrome everything inside. paddle shifters, etc. I am 100% happy as is. Handles like a dream in normal/non-race/track driving and the run flat tires are fine and quiet (although badmouthed here). The package sports seats are very comfortable and the default audio system is excellent (unless you want to blow away the hood with hip hop). The run flats might be OK in snow with the AWD. I don't need the Ti model or its unnecessary IMO 19" wheels option, metallic paint, or driver assist/assistance, cold weather, front park assist packages or a sunroof. I miss none of those and the extra package charges. My 2017 list with the 3 options was $44,700, I paid $38,200 (great discount). I bought so don't know about the lease price I believe the 2018 Giulia is about the same MSRP as the 2017 models. there are a few 2017 left but I see online the 2018 base with the 3 packages I recommend at about $41,000 or so after discount, CA dealers. :)

Sport Interior Package $600
Aluminum Interior Accents
Sport Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Aluminum Steering Column Mounted Paddle Shifters
Bright Aluminum Pedals
Bright Door Speaker Surrounds

Sport Exterior Appearance Package $1,250
18-Inch x 8.0-Inch Sport Aluminum Wheels
225/45R18 BSW All Season Performance Tires
Sport Front & Rear Fascias
Gloss Black Window Surround Moldings
Custom Painted Brake Calipers

8.8-Inch Navigation Radio with SiriusXM® Package $1,900
8.8-Inch AM / FM / HD Bluetooth® Radio with NAV
SiriusXM® Sat Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio Subscription

Attachments

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
19" 5 holes are awesome. I love the Rosso Competizione paint also. My Q4 Ti Sport came in at $52k. Shop around and decide what you want and need. The sport seats are the way to go, they really hold you without being uncomfortable. No matter what you get, it's still an Alfa Giulia and will have you smiling for a long time.

Attachments

Reactions: Alfa in Vegas

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Wow, I would have bought it. $20k down, on a lease?

Reactions: Max

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just to give you some perspective, my lease payment is about $600 on a 3 year 36k mile wihlth $0 down and first payment drive off and $550 acquisition fee. This was on a fully loaded ti sport awd with MSRP of just above $54k.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just leased a 2018 but my local dealer had 2017 that there were able to get to $459 for 3 years/12k miles with no money down aside from first month and dealer fees. I don’t remeber the exact options, but it was almost a fully loaded Ti Lusso w/ Perf Pack, drivers dynamic, and sunroof. I went 2018 because I wanted Ti Sport w/ Perf pack, both dynamic and static drivers pack, sunroof, tri white, and leather dash. My payment was right at $600 but you can def get 2017 for mid $400.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts